Found 24 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Sentara
Got a burning question about Sentara? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sentara employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Sentara offers great benefits to their employees and will pay 90% of insurance premiums if you are on the lowest tier of pay." (in 205 reviews)
- "For the most part my coworkers all great people and always willing to help out wherever and with whatever is needed." (in 57 reviews)
- "Lots of great people with a wealth of knowledge to cheer you on in you endeavor to succeed in this industry." (in 55 reviews)
- "The staff are great and awesome!" (in 32 reviews)
- "My manager is great; however, I feel that I should be making a little more." (in 26 reviews)
- "They are constantly understaffed and the pay is low." (in 95 reviews)
- "Poor management with disorganization." (in 83 reviews)
- "Long hours and short" (in 23 reviews)
- "Low salary and lots of work." (in 20 reviews)
- "My manager was great, but upper management only cared about what was going to benefit them even if they have to lie, deceive and cheat you." (in 18 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sentara and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "short staffed"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Apr 24, 2021Registered NurseFormer Employee
Large organizations and spend money on their technology. Their EMR system is easy to learn able you are able to complete your job efficiently and effectively. I worked with some caring and friendly nurses
In my opinion, our unit and the hospital as a whole had many internal issues. Those issues affected employees’ mental health. Nurses are short staffed, overworked, and on a lower pay scale than other hospitals. Many stayed because of the name and it’s one of the only large hospital system in the area. It monopolize the area.1