Sentinel Offender Services "criminal justice" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sentinel Offender Services Employee Reviews about "criminal justice"

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.1
Sentinel Offender Services Founder & President Robert Contestabile (no image)
Robert Contestabile
Pros
Cons
  • "Very stressful environment with very low pay(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "criminal justice"

Return to all Reviews

"Good Job, enjoyable, great opportunity"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Sentinel Offender Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a cool job. If your field of choice is criminal justice, this can be a great job. You get to work with people of all backgrounds, collaborate with court personnel, probation, attorneys, judges, etc. You gain more knowledge of how court and the system works. Clients are good people for the most part. My direct supervisor is great. He's easy to approach and does not micro-manage. As long as you do your job, he's happy. He's easy to get a hold of and doesn't scoff at questions when asked. The job is different every day and it's great experience. I love my job.

Cons

Pay is too low. One pay check doesn't even pay my rent. My counterparts in probation make double what I do and I'm pretty much a glorified probation officer.

Sentinel Offender Services2017-12-14

"Great experience but no compensation"

I worked at Sentinel Offender Services full-time

Pros

Great place to obtain experience for the criminal justice field. The employees that work there are like a family.

Cons

No raises. No opportunity for upward movement. Low morale. High turnover rate. More work with no compensation. No communication from upper management.

Sentinel Offender Services2016-02-03
  3. "Probation Officer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great entry way into the criminal justice world. You learn a lot of good trait, such as communication with criminal offenders, how to present a case in front of the judge and how to do various types of paper work.

Cons

To many probationers on a case load, once you get get a case load above 350 it makes it very hard to give every probationer enough time to meet with you.

Sentinel Offender Services2015-09-20

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews