Sephora Operations Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Sephora CEO, Sephora Americas Jean Andre Rougeot
Jean Andre Rougeot
1 Rating
  1. "Really great part time job"

Former Employee - Operations Consultant in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Sephora part-time for more than a year

Pros

Uplifting, management that genuinely cares about your interests and goals in life, makeup freebies

Cons

Maybe just the required looks on certain days/events? I worked in the back and wasn't super great at make up.

Sephora2019-09-02
  2. "Inside jcp"

Former Employee - Operations Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Sephora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount, can be fun, gratis,

Cons

Pay not adequate for work load

Sephora2019-08-25
  3. "Enjoy my job"

Current Employee - Operations Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gratis, training, great schedule, fast paced work

Cons

Managers do not understand how much we do

Advice to Management

Walk a day in our shoes so you understand how much our dept does to support sales.

Sephora2019-07-22

"Turning into Macy's"

Current Employee - Operations Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brand partners give cast members gratis of all new and staple products.

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work Constantly short staffed on purpose No longer about the client, all sales Credit card

Advice to Management

Give more payroll to stores to create better client experience. Clients are rushed away to help the next one on the list. Hard to make connections with clients to understand their needs if I have 2min to give them a new skin regime, make samples log it to their beauty insder account and check them out with five other people trying to ask for help.

Sephora2019-03-31

"Great working environment, and great chances to grow but pay is low"

Current Employee - Operations Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sephora part-time for more than a year

Pros

I like working here, they give you the opportunities to grow in different positions if you put the work in. They're very flexible as well and always constantly celebrate everyone's work. We get new training on new products and selling methods almost every week.

Cons

While I love working here, even with the constant praise/celebrations we get if we do well, that doesn't really pay my bills. For the work that's put in especially since it's retail it can be very draining and I feel like the pay isnt really reflected in how much work is put in. Also, hours can be cut really short especially if we're down in sales so it affects everyone and while some of it can be due to our own selling skills there's only so much that we can do.

Sephora2019-02-27

"Not Worth the Pay"

Current Employee - Operations Consultant in Carbondale, IL

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to work with makeup, gratis, and chances for advancement.

Cons

Crazy hours, management is awful, the pay is terrible for how much you have to do/juggle. Operations is definitely one of the hardest jobs at Sephora and the pay doesn’t resemble that.

Advice to Management

Increase pay for Operations, take into account employees thoughts and feelings.

Sephora2018-12-17

"Poor Pay, No Support"

Former Employee - Operations Consultant in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Sephora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Gratis, Work & Life Balance

Cons

Pay, Support, Management, Career Development

Advice to Management

Operations Consultant expected to do everything by themselves and come in off the clock. No associates available to help with planograms or truck. Was not a good experience in that regard. We did receive lots of gratis and I was able to develop bonds with a ton of clients. No opportunities to advance due to the Operations position being pushed under the rug. Did not receive any help at my location and was treated like I was not doing enough. Other managers were making $4-$5 more for doing almost nothing. Also, there were no career development opportunities whatsoever.

Sephora2018-09-27
  8. "Operations Consultant"

Current Employee - Operations Consultant in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, great clients, fun atmosphere

Cons

Unnecessary emphasis on signing clients up for the JC Penney credit card.

Advice to Management

Staff would respond to a more positive and less threatening approach to achieve credit goals.

Sephora2018-07-20

"It has been neither good nor bad."

Current Employee - Operations Consultant in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company brings in reps from brands to do training days with cast members. The reps are great motivators and often leave great gratis. The gratis is a great and effective training tool and a wonderful perk of working for Sephora.

Cons

Low pay, crappy hours, benefits cost a lot out of pocket and provide little coverage. Sephora’s clients often have a strong sense of entitlement and can be extremely rude.

Advice to Management

Invest in your current cast members by promoting from within rather than bringing in external hires to fill open leadership positions.

Sephora2018-03-29

"Operations Consultant"

Current Employee - Operations Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sephora part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits, Awesome work environment, SOMEWHAT flexible schedule, gratis.

Cons

It's retail so you get crazy hours, especially if your work in a lower volume store as an ops consultant. If your work as an ops consultant you get to do tons of really cool things like spending your days in the back, and not having to deal with clients, but you have to work overnights every Wednesday and Friday for shipments, then you may have to work early Sunday morning. It just sucks because as a young person who likes to go out on weekends it's hard when you have to work all night Friday, you may get Saturday night off, but you have to be at work by 7am Sunday (so you cant stay out too long Saturday night) I have spoken to management about it and all they can say is : " that's your job" - this is what made me begin to hate the job. Little to no "work life balance" where it's needed / desired. Operations at the store I am in, is constantly understaffed, unappreciated, overworked, always put on the back burning, and management does little to nothing to help. Even though they say they've been working on it for the past two years.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together, see value in every employee, and don't focus too much on what world people are in at the end of the day everyone who works in a store is ONE TEAM, and has the ability to help out other worlds. Separating people into worlds creates a "not my job" kind of attitude that becomes toxic after awhile.

Sephora2017-10-03