Sephora Store Director Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Sephora CEO, Sephora Americas Jean Andre Rougeot
Jean Andre Rougeot
0 Rating

"LIFE CHANGING OPPORTUNITIES AT SEPHORA"

Former Employee - Store Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sephora full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fearless and Inspiring Leaders that support all your growth and our passionate about development and the education and training that you receive here is excellent. I have met life long friends here and I love that it is always changing for the better!

Cons

I have all great things to say about Sephora, it's been a amazing career opportunity to learn about Business Management.

Advice to Management

Collaborate with your team as often as possible they have amazing ideas to implement .

Sephora2018-12-24
  2. "Lots of fun - many opportunities"

Former Employee - Store Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Sephora full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are tons of opportunities for a person who is willing to put in extra effort. The company is very good at training exempt level employees and help develop to be ready for next steps.

Cons

Mid-level store management tend to get overlooked for development and end up working the more difficult hours - which can cause a lot of turnover.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee development, but add mid-level key holders to this training.

Sephora2020-01-18
  3. "Stressful!"

Former Employee - Store Director in Fresno, CA

I worked at Sephora full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get lots of free stuff!

Cons

Very little work/life balance. Traveling much more frequently than anticipated.

Advice to Management

Invest in the growth and continuing education of managers.

Sephora2018-12-30

"Unfortunate Future"

Current Employee - Store Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gratis, PTO, "values", discount, free uniform

Cons

Culture, upper management, payroll, bonus, atmosphere

Advice to Management

Write your review for Sephora Sephora has changed to become a profit hungry, work more with less environment from the hiring of external retail "gurus" who fled their former, now struggling, retailers. We have become a retailer just like any other. In a quest for growth and dominance, we have created a dichotomy of values vs profit and are now expected to deliver unrealistic budget goals to fuel new store openings across the company. This cheapens the client experience, and lowers morale. The disconnect of reality and top heavy bonus centered nature of top management creates a poor work atmosphere no matter how much gratis you give, how many "appreciation" events or stock your fridge incentives. Reinvest with wages and payroll to your stores, we see the clients first hand. We have ceased to be a luxury retailer where clients love to shop. Stop posting how well you're doing on websites and media, but tell us that we are struggling and in bad shape. You took away our in store client service incentives in order to drive sign ups and sign ins to capture client data to get them in our omnisphere on the backs of low wage workers who can get paid more at McDonald's. You expect us to deliver double digit comps on hundreds of hours less than we received when we did millions less. We have become just another retail store and it's really unfortunate.

Sephora2018-08-29
  5. "Amazing Onboarding"

Current Employee - Store Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Sephora full-time for less than a year

Pros

A company that truly cares about their people, don’t just say that. Training and development We help others to feel good about themselves- how can that not be motivating?? Gratis!!!! Building brand relationships

Cons

None so far. I’m so happy to be here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! My on boarding experience with the company has been absolutely wonderful. Felt welcome and invested in from day one. Don’t ever lose that!!! Lots of companies cut costs by cutting back on the training and traveling, but that’s what keeps people invested, helps them to make connections, and feel like they are part of something bigger- outside of their four walls.

Sephora2018-06-06
  6. "Store Director"

Current Employee - Store Director in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best work/life balances I have ever had in a retail environment! The company truly cares about their employees and take great strides to make sure every member feels appreciated! Competitive pay and awesome benefits that makes you feel valued. Lots of opportunities for advancement if you work really hard and prove yourself.

Cons

Retail hours can be hectic at times but that's to be expected!

Advice to Management

Continue the amazing job of recognizing, training, and motivating employees! Thank you for making us feel appreciated and our voices heard at every level!

Sephora2018-02-26
  7. "Store Director"

Current Employee - Store Director in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Growth Opportunities, Work Life Balance

Cons

Need to be flexible to retail hours.

Sephora2017-08-30

"Store Dieector"

Former Employee - Store Director in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sephora full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Sephora's values were a key part of the business years back and unfortunately are no longer represented. Brand partners are amazing to work with! I wish they were still allowed in the stores. They give so much knowledge and bring positive energy to the environment.

Cons

Upper leadership is unprofessional and speaks negatively about Store teams that even cross the lines with HR. Unless you are in the click of Sephora, you will not advance and this applies to every level in the company. Very sad where the company is now from where Sephora began and what it represented.

Advice to Management

Look at the people in higher positions for example RD in Chicago region...calls people names behind the backs of others including senior leadership.

Sephora2017-09-29
  9. "Lead team to achieve client satisfaction and drive sales"

Former Employee - Store Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Sephora full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gratis and beauty needs all under one roof! Get to build a great team to service clients. Great learning environment for all things beauty. Company invests in your development.

Cons

Long work hours for exempt leaders and not enough payroll to staff sales floor. Stress level is higher than most retail companies.

Advice to Management

Learn everything you can and take care of your team

Sephora2017-06-02

"Store Director"

Former Employee - Store Director in Miami, FL

I worked at Sephora full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get a lot of product for free. Company is values based and tries to make it fun for employees at work.

Cons

Not all District Managers and leaders are professional. Knowledge of Human Resources from District leaders is very questionable. Lots of favoritism.

Sephora2017-06-12