Sephora "free products" Reviews | Glassdoor

Sephora Employee Reviews about "free products"

Updated Nov 20, 2019

3.5
Sephora CEO Jean Andre Rougeot
Jean Andre Rougeot
Pros
Cons
  • "Hours aren’t always conducive to having a family work life balance(in 248 reviews)

• "If you're full time you should be good(in 119 reviews)

Reviews about "free products"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Cashier in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Sephora part-time for more than a year

Pros

Free products, continuing education, chances to advance.

Cons

Hard to get full-time work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

Sephora2019-08-04
  2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Services Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great atmosphere (depending on your team), lots of free product and training

Cons

Still a retail salary even though it’s a multi billion dollar company

Sephora2019-11-21
  3. "A good place to get a lot of quick experience as an artist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Education, experience with different clients and different make-up styles. Will teach you how to assess, consult, and apply in 45 min- hr. Invaluable product knowledge, and A LOT of free products to try.

Cons

No tips, pay is the same regardless if you're doing a makeover or on the floor. There's been a lot of de-emphasis on artistry and education. You'll begin to feel like you're stuck in place within a year or two. Not a lot of advancement opportunities aside from retail management.

Advice to Management

LOVE YOUR ARTISTS AGAIN. More education and product awareness, and better pay and advancement opportunities for artistry- you can't expect to retain artists if there are no incentives to stay once you've filled your portfolio.

Sephora2019-10-29

"Sephora Makeup Artist"

Former Employee - Color Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Sephora part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Free products and Creative environment

Cons

Management was abusive and unprofessional

Sephora2019-10-18

"False promises"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get lots of free product

Cons

Life balance but that is a lie the only ones that have work life balance our managers if that. Also you will be there for years on and with no raise for only a few cents which is basically a slap to the face with everything you have to do. They recently invested thousands of dollars if not millions into new technology when they could’ve Invested it into their employees.

Advice to Management

Offer more money so you don’t lose Quality employees.

Sephora2019-10-15
  6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Skin Care Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sephora part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, lots of free products, great teams

Cons

Can be stressful dealing with upset clients, on your feet all day

Sephora2019-09-24

"Amazing Company, Amazing People"

Former Employee - Senior Communications Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Sephora full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Honestly some of the most incredible, passionate people I've ever worked with. While I can't say that there is strong, capable leaders across the board, I was lucky enough to work with some of the best in the company. I learned so much and am always grateful for my time at Sephora. I was able to hold many different roles within the company and felt supported in my career goals and aspirations. Great benefits.... At the time, I didn't think we had very strong benefits. But since leaving, I've realized that grass isn't always greener on the other side. The package is very comprehensive and I feel as if the company takes care of their people. I miss the free product and Summer Fridays the most (corporate employees leave at 1pm on Fridays during the summer).

Cons

There's a terrible pattern of behavior where people were promoted in order to retain them --- but they really aren't qualified for the elevated role or scope. Org design is not very thoughtful even though the head of HR supposedly has a background in it. There are SO many VP's who should not be VP's... But in my entire career at Sephora, I'd say there's always been an issue with internal systems and support. I... did not have faith in our leadership when it came to prioritizing programs, systems, and spend to support future growth and operations internally. I didn't personally experience it, but I've heard from trusted colleagues about the toxic work environment in certain teams (specifically merchandising -- there are several "mean girls" whose terrible, bullying behavior is tolerated because they're very talented merchants. They should be individual contributors instead of managing a team).

Advice to Management

1) Rip off the band-aid and say goodbye to toxic leaders. 2) Continue to champion employees and give opportunities to grow through side hustles, educational rotations, trips, etc. That's how you retain talent -- not just by promoting them.

Sephora2019-07-02

"Best Job I’ve ever had"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Sephora part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get tons of free products to try and give your honest opinion to customers. My coworkers are very uplifting and want everyone to be confident in what they’re doing instead of like working at other places where people are always putting you down. You do get to play with makeup and really feel like you’re making a difference, educating customers on what’s best for them and how to use products! At least I feel that... way. It is a very close and fun environment with different makeup events such as celebrating pride by wearing rainbow makeup or Halloween by your best spooky looks. My managers have always been very flexible working with my needs and schedule, and I like everyone I work with! (I work at Sephora in JCP). Also I have heard that there are employee evaluations every spring, and everyone is likely to get a raise. The job pays well for starting off (as a younger person), and I also hear that every month that the team meets goal, we all get bonuses!

Cons

Sometimes keeping up with making sure all of the tiny products and multiple shelves are dusted and kept clean can be difficult, but if that’s all I have to worry about then I’m not complaining. Also, my Sephora in JCP just stopped doing the custom makeovers, which I would’ve loved to have done! We just do the minis now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I love Sephora even more now that I work for them. I just wish I could do custom makeovers for people.

Sephora2019-07-15
  9. "Skincare Area Only"

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Brea, CA

I worked at Sephora part-time for less than a year

Pros

Learned about a lot of different brands of skincare from company reps Free products Fast paced Provided uniform

Cons

Minimum wage Not getting to choose what department you work in Managers and staff can be overly dramatic

Sephora2019-07-11
  10. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sephora full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice office Free snacks Free Products Competitive pay Performance bonus Diversity

Cons

Location Not like a typical tech company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing ! you’re on the right path

Sephora2019-07-09