Sequris Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful Opportunity"

Current Employee - Professional Services in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sequris Group provided me with the best career opportunity. Our team leader is smart and experienced and is always willing to teach me. I've been able to advance quickly and already earned a promotion.

Cons

Our clients are big companies. we need more people to make sure we do a good job for them.

Advice to Management

Hire more people for professional services.

"Run. Fast and far away"

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time

Pros

Free coffee when they remember to buy more. Dog friendly environment and casual Fridays, unless you're in professional services. It's two doors down from 7-11 and there's a recurring calendar reminder for free slurpee day.

Cons

No communication from leadership at all. No follow-up from leadership but employees are fully expected to stay on top of issues. The sales leadership is dishonest and has zero consequences when big mistakes are made that cost the company money, but others are held to task. Most of the recent positive reviews written here are fabrications! There is no collaboration and everything is micromanaged to the letter. It's a playground for the owner to flex muscle over whatever the current whim happens to be. Company meetings are an absolute waste of time. Nothing will change. Ever. It's an absolute miserable place to work, and the pay is on the very low end. Don't expect a raise. Don't expect a regularly scheduled review. Don't expect them to follow their Traction method they claim is their Bible. They don't. Not even close. They will use and abuse you until there's nothing left, then they'll expect more.

Advice to Management

Follow your chosen method of operation. Appreciate your employees by paying them what they're worth, not with some convoluted, complicated reward program that not only doesn't work, has never been even introduced to your employees. Stop treating your employees like they're stupid and acknowledge that they see what's going on. And most importantly, above all else, COMMUNICATE.

"A sinking ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Internships can be good learning opportunities. Plan to gain experience quickly then look for a permanent position elsewhere. There are some nice people working here -- what's left of the company.

Cons

The company is a dinosaur in the modern age. It's run like it's still the 1970's.
     Even respecting people's personal religious choices is a problem for some of the leadership team. The treatment of women in the company has been an issue long before I started. Company needs to clean up the leadership team. Get the dinosaurs out and bring in some new blood. The problem is that the dinosaurs are at the top of the food chain and they like the way it looks from up there. They react to issues only when they are already out of hand instead of solving them when they are first recognized. Fifty percent of the company left last month. A few just walked out. They don't recognize this as a problem.
    Core Values are talked about constantly but not adhered to by half of the management team. Employees are disposable. Rather than training and allowing employees to continue to develop their careers, they fire them for minor infractions.
    If you are considering taking a job here, don't allow them to negotiate your bonuses into your compensation. They look for every loophole to not pay the bonuses. Get a good base salary.

Advice to Management

Sell the company while you can. You're losing clients and vendors. Your reputation is getting worse. Don't take us down with your ship.

4. "Great CFO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Terrific CFO (SW) very kind, considerate and incredibly talented. Some very smart people. The company has been around since the 90s. A great place to learn stuff and get certificates.

Cons

Pay and benefits. The company lets very talented people leave and makes little effort to stop them which ultimately hurts the company and those left behind to carry the increased work load.

Advice to Management

Invest more in good people and quit cutting corners.

"If you start, take advantage and Get Out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brownstown, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brownstown, MI

I worked at Sequris Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Will learn a lot because of the duties they demand you accomplish. Can have some certifications paid for.

Cons

Company is not competitive with other related businesses. No commitment to fixing issues. Bad organization. Favoritism to certain employees. Terrible communication. Lots of in-fighting and unrest. Arrogant and demeaning individuals. Conclusions are drawn about you without your knowledge before they are brought to your attention. Equipment is fairly outdated. Decisions are based off paper numbers and not how the metric actually arrived there.
    Cannot retain exceptional employees.
    Biggest concern is that the position is said to be a security professional but in actuality you are on a helpdesk handling break/fix issues.

6. "Quickly pick up new skills"

Current Employee - Pefer Not to Say in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Pefer Not to Say in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Management, Good people and company to work for.

Cons

Building has serious heating/cooling issues.

"Good Place to Be"

Current Employee - Security Consultant in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Security Consultant in Royal Oak, MI

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Sequris Group for a couple of years now, and am very happy with my job (I work in the technical side of the house).

-Opportunities to "step outside of comfort zone" and grow personally and professionally. If you are the type of person with a desire to learn and grow, and you can handle a challenging environment, this is a good place to be. You will be exposed to new technologies and opportunities constantly.

-Opportunity to directly impact the success of the company in a meaningful way. Because SG is a relatively small company that's growing, everyone on the team plays an important role in the success of the group.

-The team at SG is close-knit and everyone works together well. Teamwork is critical in our environment and we need to rely on one another to get our jobs done.

Cons

-There is no doubt that this isn't an easy place to work. We don't always work regular hours, and there are times when the workload can be pretty heavy. Technically, things don't always go as expected and you have to be able to handle it. It truly is a dynamic work environment and can be stressful at times. If you don't handle this kind of thing well, this may not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

-Continue challenging employees and providing opportunity to grow. It's not always easy to step out of the comfort zone, but it's very rewarding and part of what makes SG a great place to be.

"Fed up and about to leave"

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time

Pros

*Some* people are nice, education opportunities

Cons

Back-stabbers, people sabotage threats to their jobs (new employees), management don't pay attention to surroundings

Advice to Management

Your tech interviewers are intentionally not hiring good candidates because they want to keep their jobs; maybe have a talk. I just heard of another that was ignored and dismissed. I'm about to leave because I'm sick of seeing this every year.

"Work harder and accomplish more but the pay doesnt grow with it."

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Royal Oak, MI
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Royal Oak, MI

Pros

You'll learn a lot, and get a few certifications. The people are great personally.

Cons

Low pay for the industry, bigger workload as you progress but no pay increase. People are way over worked. The bonuses are impossible to reach so you're stuck with your base pay. 24/7 is a freebie on your part. There is only one way to grow in the tech field and that to installing equipment. That calls for 7 days a week of work and no work life balance. You pay is stuck at your base salary since the metrics to hit the bonuses cant be reached. Very high turnover rate for such a small company. They claim their positions are in the security industry but really you're a break fix/network support tech, which is a very boring position. Mgmt are all finance pros so they like to evaluate based on black and white numbers in other words judging a book by its cover and not reading into anything beyond it.

Advice to Management

Focus on getting competitive with the market value of the type of jobs people are doing. Everyone needs about a 15-20k raise to get this. Instead of only focusing on the metrics to customers focus on the employees that are working to get these metrics. Happy employees will make a company succeed. Give multiple career paths so the company can appeal to many different individuals. Most people here are very stressed and overworked.

10. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Sequris Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities to improve clients IT security programs. Sequris wants to help! All of its people have a passion to make IT Security a priority for organizations and individuals

Cons

Paperwork required to do a business transaction sometimes is a challange

Advice to Management

Continue with the Vision- Continue leading with Core Values to clients and employees.