Serene Corporation Reviews in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Santa Clara, CA

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Niken Patel

"Great to work with talented and experienced professionals."

Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Serene Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with Serene Corporation for about 4 years. I have been part of pre-sales team for the most part and it has been a great journey. Below are few things which I personally like about Serene Corporation.

1) Great to work with talented individuals, who have very good industry knowledge, functional and technical skills.
    2) Good amount of learning opportunities and the ability to move across technologies and industry verticals.
    3) Serene encourages employees to undergo various technology trainings & certifications. Always provides ample learning opportunities.
    4) Great leadership team, highly motivated, aggressive and focused. Have mentored me all through and this has helped me learn and grow my career over time.
    5) Flexible work timings, ability to telecommute, work remotely when required, as far as work is getting done no one has an issue.
    6) Great work culture and ethics. No nonsense no politics.

Cons

Cant think of Cons !

But yes sometimes work is hectic, and it becomes difficult balance out life. But there are other times when work life is balanced out too !

2. "Good company to work"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Serene Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

Management listens to the workers. Very good office and work life balance. Good career growth

Cons

Short term focused. The company lacks long time vision and planning.

Advice to Management

Create a long term goal and stick together

3. "Great people and company - you can feel the growth and momentum everywhere"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Serene Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Almost all the people you work with at Serene are smart and top notch. Complete flexibility as far as you get your work done, which is what everyone loves I think. But most important to me is the excellent learning while working on 10+ projects in 3 years - they are leaders and at the cutting edge at the center of the cloud strategy of Oracle. Lots of new brand name customers and employees - the momentum is there, with all the changes. My previous company everyone was always anxious where the next big project is going to come from - not Serene.

Cons

There are spikes in work where the balance goes for a toss. You are expected to do what it takes to get things successful and managers jump into the details so can get seriously busy at the tail end of projects.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication going that has started since a year. Don't go back on the changes made that are working and the flexibility/quality of resources

"Java developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Serene Corporation full-time

Pros

- Very helpful employees
    - HR really cares for you

Cons

- Lots of politics within management
    - Need to work on multiple projects for different clients
    - They don't care for your career growth, you get pushed around different projects
    - Very little was done to keep employee happy

Advice to Management

Focus on employee growth, invest in team building and not just making profit for yourselves.

"If you like a company that lies through teeth ..."

Former Employee - Decline to Reveal Definitely Not Low Level Title in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Serene Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are on technical side and willing to trade your sleep, happiness, family life for decent exposure to new technologies, this company is for you.

Cons

Where do I start? Right from Marketing to Pre-sales to All levels of management are professional liers. So much so. You go on their web site right now and see if you see Paresh Kapadia listed under management team..He is the Co-CEO of the company besides Ajit Kumbhare (His visiting card says so as well). This omission is deliberate, As he goes around posing as a different person during pre-sales and marketing pitches under different pseudonyms.
    And BTW in my PROs I wrote this company gives you decent exposure to new technologies. What I meant was, they win projects claiming they are the experts in certain technologies and produce inaccurate testimonies. And once they win the projects they toss who ever is availabel into the project and from there on its sink or swim for that individual. If he fails while trying.. the failure will be held against that poor individual.
    These guys have been taken to court multiple times by their customers for misrepresentation.

Advice to Management

Now that you have achieved the critical mass a company needs to sustain, Please reinvest in people and seriously overhaul your management practices. Some degree of deceit in business is OK and can be attributed to circumstances and competition, but making it THE way to conduct business will not pave your way to success.

7. "Super smart and fast paced environment with some growing pains"

Former Employee - CRM Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - CRM Senior Consultant in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Serene Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has turned a corner with the partners at top really made a lot of strides in the time I was there. Great focus on customer sucess, smart people, good salaries, you can go from CRM to MDM and back

Cons

Typical growing pains, need to perform everyday!

Advice to Management

Focus on Org Hierarchy and employee feedback more than you do!

"Good place for some one in the beginning of career. People at Serene know how to squeeze work."

Current Employee - Architect in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Architect in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Very competitive environment. Every one at Serene "Earns" bread. No idle mouths.

Cons

They under bid every opportunity and seem to be in a hurry to get projects at all cost, setting unrealistic goals to employees at times.

Advice to Management

Nice marketing and technical team.