KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "bad management, horrible HR, detestable severance package.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company Leadership, Culture and CCaaS platform!!

Sep 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture, Leadership, Innovation and Vision

Cons

Recent merger with Lifesize has brought distractions and change at the Top that has yet to bring the two companies on a single path. Time will tell. Marlin will need to stay close

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice people with good intentions

May 15, 2022 - Sales in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people with good intentions

Cons

Very immature contact center platform Leadership relied on the wrong people

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great People

Jul 31, 2021 - Legal
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company consists of great people which results in a very friendly atmosphere and one of the best places to work

Cons

Serenova consists of great people which results in a very friendly atmosphere and one of the best places to work

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of tech, lots of change

Apr 7, 2021 - Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing technology, fully vertically integrated contact center

Cons

Some older tech and lots of change in management and direction made things challenging.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Marlin owned... enough said

Apr 19, 2021 - Customer Support Director in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

plenty of potential to improve the company. Products and market is good enough to be very successful. Also Austin location is solid and they are pretty good about working remotely

Cons

Management team... Oh my. Everyone in the executive team only wants to move up and are not too focused on the success of the company,

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jun 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

culture was welcoming. It was work hard play hard. With free lunches and snacks and flexible schedules, work life balance was great.

Cons

communication should be more forthright. Unfortunately lack of has created unnecessary stress due to company transition

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Hire Process

Mar 21, 2017 - Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The new hire process has been like nothing I've experienced before. I was contacted by a friendly and incredibly helpful recruiter I actually wanted to talk to and engage. He helped me through the initial interview process and worked hard to acquire what he believed was a viable, stable candidate. Once hired, the paperwork and official application process was done completely on my cell phone. It was as easy as 1, 2, 3. When I arrived at the office, a full personalized binder of all my benefits and features at the company was handed to me. My desk and laptop were ready weeks in advance as reported by some colleagues that already worked at the company. I am new, but so far this has been the best on-boarding experience I've ever had at a company. Their views on how to move the company forward by just doing the best work possible in all fields is what is impressing me the most. It mirrors my values to become the best at what I do, you really get the sense that that is what they want for you and the company as a whole.

Cons

This isn't much of a con, it seems like the company is trying to make a place worth working at when it hasn't been the case in the past. Even in orientation they admitted they haven't been perfect and owned their mistakes. As long as they continue to keep moving the company in the right direction it should be a great place to work.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

HQ relocation from Bay area making all the difference

Feb 19, 2016 - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that was only recently divested from it's former parent company with California roots, so while we're hiring and growing extremely rapidly in Austin, there's also 16 years of market experience and heritage, a well-established customer base (with companies like Uber and Nordstrom Rack recently coming on board and already expanding), and a fresh infusion of significant resources from new owners to fund growth on top of the consistent annual growth already occurring. So it's really like becoming a startup all over again - and you can feel that energy in the office, especially as more and more Austin talent comes on board every week. All of the right components are here for this to be a 'unicorn' opportunity, and because we're starting fresh here in Austin, it's not yet a well-oiled machine, which means there's ample opportunity for every new employee to make an immediate impact.

Cons

Being new to Austin, the lack of brand recognition can make recruiting a challenge, especially for top talent, and we literally can't hire fast enough right to keep up with customer and engineering demands. We're also at an inflection point where new talent needs to help drive more consistent, mature processes without creating needless bureaucracy and as you see in so many reviews for companies at this stage, change is never as simple as it seems on the whiteboard.

2 people found this review helpful

Serenova Response

CEO

Than you very much for your input. Branding is a big focus for us this year and looking forward to seeing your impact.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

LiveOps

Sep 30, 2016 - Customer Service Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a growing company with lots of potential & opportunities. It has on line courses that are free & reasonable rates for Tech services in case you may need to have your computer looked at remotely by a specialist. There are always new programs & opportunities to look at for expanding your own business.

Cons

The very expansion & growth of this company also gets in the way of personalizing it. You can't miss a dead line caused by a computer problem that may take longer than the deadline to fix. Even with all the help available,& there is a lot, you are still on your own & can get in over your head before realizing it & lose everything you've built up because there was a glitch in your system or even theirs. It's an unforgiving environment if you lack the necessary data you need & very often communicating to those that can help might be a long, tedious & somewhat automated cycle.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Please Keep Your Arms & Legs Inside The Ride At All Times!

Feb 5, 2016 - Senior Director in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

LiveOps Cloud has done a complete 180 degree about face in the positive direction in less than 18 months. This change was initiated at the very top and has percolated throughout the entire organization. Game changing technology risks were taken over 18 months ago when the current CEO took the position, a completley new platform is on the verge of launch and it is an exciting time to be at LiveOps. LiveOps is going to change the cloud contact center market and I can't wait to re-read this post in a year or so to see my prediction come true. If you love being a part of something, working as a team towards a common goal, love to see happy customers, love that you have the best product on the market & most importanly love to have fun, LiveOps is the place for you.

Cons

There are no cons, LiveOps Cloud is a forward thinking, customer loving & employee loving company that loves to have fun. The only con that I can think of is if you don't like to work hard, LiveOps is not the place for you.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Reviews

Serenova Reviews FAQs

Serenova has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 85 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Serenova to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Serenova employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Serenova. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

68% of Serenova employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Serenova 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Serenova to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Serenova Job Seekers