Serino Coyne Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"A wonderful experience!"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Serino Coyne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Serino Coyne was truly one of the best working environments I could have asked for. Everyone at Serino treats others like family, and cares about the work they're developing and creating. Such a vibrant community of like-minded people!

Cons

Nada!

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

….we’re very happy to know your 5+ years’ experience at Serino was positive, because one of our goal is for every employee to have a very positive work experience here…..thank you.

2. "Love it!"

Current Employee - IT Support Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Support Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Modern, creative, pulsing advertising agency located in the heart of Manhattan. Beautiful offices designed with thought. Fast paced yet casual environment with enough autonomy to leave you pleasantly accomplished at the end of the day. Plenty of challenges and learning opportunities. Fair compensation comes with generous benefits and PTO package that is above standard, and we haven't gotten to the perks yet. Inquire about the drink cart.

The hiring process is smoother than most and is extremely attentive, they do the wondering for you.

Lastly, everyone who works here is amazing and friendly!

Cons

Have not worked here long enough to encounter anything yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you; we appreciate your feedback, and will continue trying to build on making Serino Coyne a “Best Place to Work”

3. "Fun positive work environment filled with warm and brilliant people"

Current Employee - Assistant Digital Media Planner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Digital Media Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Serino Coyne really cares about what they do. Everyone is super hard working but we also love to have fun. It is a very warm and accepting environment full of positive and intelligent people. Somewhere where you can learn so much about who you are and what you want to do. Never a dull moment because we are always planning ahead.

Cons

Can't even think of anything

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

We do work hard, but try serving up some “fun” in the process; we’re glad your time here is going well; thanks for sharing….

4. "Really grateful for my time with this group."

Former Employee - Group Director
    Former Employee - Group Director

I worked at Serino Coyne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Ability to learn from and collaborate with some of the greatest minds in this business, both internally at the agency and its clients. My professional values, integrity and work ethic are based almost entirely in what I learned and was exposed to at Serino/Coyne.
    * A deep bench of enthusiastic co-workers that generally like what they do and take pride in their work.
    * Opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects.
    * A leadership team that strives to better the agency, pivoting to address the current needs and circumstances of the staff and industry itself.
    * A "family"-feel throughout the halls. I met some of the best people, professionally and personally, through my work at Serino/Coyne. The sense of community is unique to this group.
    * Generous time-off. Great benefits. Diverse expertise and passions among staff. Transparency.

Cons

* Workload. As the Broadway season ebbs and flows, so does the work load...and when it flows, it FLOWS. April/May are killer, and the potential for burnout is high.
    * Age-old combat between account services and creative departments, which is common at any agency worth its salt. But it helps when efforts are in place to mitigate it.
    * Threat of the proverbial "glass ceiling."
    * Members of leadership not always operating from the same POV.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

5. "Great environment, Great people. Work you can be proud of."

Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons and tons of work place perks.

Industry pros with the talent to back it up.

Strong sense of community.

Cons

Departments sometimes don't communicate very well with one another, specifically during times of duress.

Advice to Management

Keep going for what you're going for. It's working, it just needs more time.

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Effective communication is important to the success of any business, and we’ll definitely keep encouraging departments and employees, alike, to share helpful info. and communicate; thank you for your... More

6. "A Boutique, Inclusive Entertainment Agency within the Global Omnicom Network"

Current Employee - Associate Director, Digital Strategy in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Director, Digital Strategy in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy
    Inclusive Culture
    Work / Life Balance
    Exciting Subject Matter (Broadway shows)
    You Know Everyone's Name

Cons

Like any smaller company, must wear "many hats"

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Our work and our open, laid-back, fun culture are important to us, and your feedback lets us know, we’re on the right track….thank you

7. "Never a dull moment."

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible sense of community and a diversity of personality and experience amongst the staff. I genuinely love coming to work and I always feel appreciated.

Cons

I'll let you know when I find one.

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

….as a relatively “new” employee, we’re glad to know you’re having a positive experience….thank you for sharing….

8. "Come because you want the job. Stay because of the people."

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time

Pros

- The work itself is very interesting and satisfying.
    - Great experience to have for any future advertising jobs.
    - Bagel Fridays and Fruit Tuesdays are also nice.
    - Drinks every other Friday is even better.
    - The environment is as relaxed as a fast paced ad agency can be.
    - Some summers we have picnics - weather permitting.
    - Great Holiday Parties.
    - School sessions are a nice way to spend an hour learning about something new.
    - Food options for good prices in our employee lounge area.
    - Very inclusive of all genders/orientations/nationalities, etc.
    - Interesting side projects within the agency to get involved in.
    - Relaxed dress code.
    - Our Summer Friday situation cannot be beat and the company is great with giving lots of paid time off.
    - I laugh at least four times a day.

I've met some of the most amazing, creative and talented people here. It's the friendships and family feel that make me want to come to work everyday. I genuinely care about the people that work here. Supporting each other makes working together, easy.

Cons

Management is really investing time and energy to care about their employees and their opinions, which is recognized and appreciated. Having said that, here are a few things that I'd like to see improved:

- Clear career paths for individuals to advance as they continue to grow at SC.
    - Job descriptions provided for all positions, to clearly define role responsibilities.
    - An explanation of how salaries are determined that goes beyond citing the "4As".
    - Regular yearly reviews & consideration of cost of living raises.
    - A more collaborative working environment, especially between departments.
    - Better communication from managers to employees to ensure they have everything that they need to succeed.

- Better work/life balance. Many people here are overextended - especially those in junior roles.
    - Seating can be an issue - but the space does dictate those problems to an extent. Without a major construction of the space, there is only so much that can be done to be fair to everyone.
    - Fairness with perks. For example, theater tickets will sometimes be handed out to high level employees in pairs, (even if they do not work on that project) and lower level employees will not be given a ticket. Perhaps everyone can receive one ticket so that everyone can go. Lets make it less about popularity and more about fairness!

Advice to Management

Instead of trying to assume what our problems are or what we need, ask us and allow us to be part of the brainstorm to get to the solution. Seek out and value the thoughts and opinions of people in junior roles more.

Mar 31, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts on your experience. You've outlined many opportunities where we can improve, thank you so much! I will work with the team to address these valid... More

9. "Feel lucky to work here..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting, fulfilling, and thoughtful workplace. Cool office space with TONS of perks from show tickets, to food, to generous paid time off. But the best part...the people who make up Serino Coyne. Smart, caring, dedicated colleagues who make work fun. Even management is thoughtful and caring. I feel motivated, challenged, and excited each day!

Cons

Some very late nights and unpredictable clients. But, honestly, my colleagues make it all better with our "in it together" attitude.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You've created a wonderful environment and culture. Keep being open and transparent.

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

….thank you, we will definitely continue to do our best to be open and transparent…..

10. "Great opportunity."

Current Employee - Interactive Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Interactive Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent atmosphere with fascinating work and clients. Plenty of opportunity to gain new skills. Your hard work won't go unnoticed. I had the opportunity to move up to a new role after just a year.

Cons

It's advertising– a heavy-deadline driven profession. Not unlike most other jobs, there will be late nights, slow periods and incredibly fast ones. Managers work hard to keep things fair for all and evenly spread out.

Mar 7, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you are having success at our agency. We love when our people succeed, learn and advance. Congrats!