Serino Coyne Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Serino Coyne CEO Angelo Desimini
Angelo Desimini

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A wonderful experience!"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Serino Coyne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Serino Coyne was truly one of the best working environments I could have asked for. Everyone at Serino treats others like family, and cares about the work they're developing and creating. Such a vibrant community of like-minded people!

Cons

Nada!

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

….we’re very happy to know your 5+ years’ experience at Serino was positive, because one of our goal is for every employee to have a very positive work experience here…..thank you.

2. "Great place to be if you're stuck in the 80s"

Former Employee - Motion Graphics Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Motion Graphics Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Serino Coyne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great exposure and work/life balance.

Cons

Some of the managers and leadership are too old to keep up with the changing industry and honestly in my experience were not able to handle the changing needs of clients. Most new client requests spurred panic and chaos as the leadership has little to no idea how to efficiently utilize available resources.

Ego, lack of understanding the importance of good creatives has now turned the company into a lopsided circus with an assembly line that is heavily reliant on marketing with no creative stamina to back it up with. The clients end up playing for media with mediocre and recycled creatives - not that anyone knows any better.
    The competition is rightfully gaining ahead with their shares.

Advice to Management

This is not the 80s. Times have changed. Get some young and passionate blood into those managerial positions so they worry less about their babysitters and vacation days and pump more passion into what is more important and be hands on and accountable. I wish most departments had a manager like mine but it's no good when the panic and chaos is a problem across the board.

"Amazing people, poor management but potential for growth"

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time

Pros

The people here are what make this agency great. They are creative, intuitive, innovative and passionate about the work they do but a slump in innovative work comes from poor management from the top and a refusal to try something new and think forward. People genuinely want to come to work to be around one another and do great work and wonderful relationships form within these walls. There are a few changes that could take it to the next level! Great benefits.

Cons

Need to clean house on upper management. It takes WAYYYY too long for decisions to get made (even simple ones) and change is slow to implement. This affects our work. Employees are severely underpaid and undervalued for the amount of work they do. Needs to consider how agencies outside the entertainment space are working to really progress.

Advice to Management

Try listening to your employees. They probably know more about what they're talking about than you do. Show them you care about them with pay raises and more opportunities to come together as a company... don't just keep talking about it without action.

Sep 28, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you feel our people are great, I couldn’t agree more! Agencies are only as good as the people who make it and I'm grateful for the passion, creativity, and... More

4. "Love it!"

Current Employee - IT Support Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Support Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Modern, creative, pulsing advertising agency located in the heart of Manhattan. Beautiful offices designed with thought. Fast paced yet casual environment with enough autonomy to leave you pleasantly accomplished at the end of the day. Plenty of challenges and learning opportunities. Fair compensation comes with generous benefits and PTO package that is above standard, and we haven't gotten to the perks yet. Inquire about the drink cart.

The hiring process is smoother than most and is extremely attentive, they do the wondering for you.

Lastly, everyone who works here is amazing and friendly!

Cons

Have not worked here long enough to encounter anything yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you; we appreciate your feedback, and will continue trying to build on making Serino Coyne a “Best Place to Work”

5. "Fun positive work environment filled with warm and brilliant people"

Current Employee - Assistant Digital Media Planner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Digital Media Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Serino Coyne really cares about what they do. Everyone is super hard working but we also love to have fun. It is a very warm and accepting environment full of positive and intelligent people. Somewhere where you can learn so much about who you are and what you want to do. Never a dull moment because we are always planning ahead.

Cons

Can't even think of anything

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

We do work hard, but try serving up some “fun” in the process; we’re glad your time here is going well; thanks for sharing….

6. "Really grateful for my time with this group."

Former Employee - Group Director
    Former Employee - Group Director

I worked at Serino Coyne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Ability to learn from and collaborate with some of the greatest minds in this business, both internally at the agency and its clients. My professional values, integrity and work ethic are based almost entirely in what I learned and was exposed to at Serino/Coyne.
    * A deep bench of enthusiastic co-workers that generally like what they do and take pride in their work.
    * Opportunity to work on exciting and challenging projects.
    * A leadership team that strives to better the agency, pivoting to address the current needs and circumstances of the staff and industry itself.
    * A "family"-feel throughout the halls. I met some of the best people, professionally and personally, through my work at Serino/Coyne. The sense of community is unique to this group.
    * Generous time-off. Great benefits. Diverse expertise and passions among staff. Transparency.

Cons

* Workload. As the Broadway season ebbs and flows, so does the work load...and when it flows, it FLOWS. April/May are killer, and the potential for burnout is high.
    * Age-old combat between account services and creative departments, which is common at any agency worth its salt. But it helps when efforts are in place to mitigate it.
    * Threat of the proverbial "glass ceiling."
    * Members of leadership not always operating from the same POV.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "Great environment, Great people. Work you can be proud of."

Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons and tons of work place perks.

Industry pros with the talent to back it up.

Strong sense of community.

Cons

Departments sometimes don't communicate very well with one another, specifically during times of duress.

Advice to Management

Keep going for what you're going for. It's working, it just needs more time.

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Effective communication is important to the success of any business, and we’ll definitely keep encouraging departments and employees, alike, to share helpful info. and communicate; thank you for your... More

8. "A Boutique, Inclusive Entertainment Agency within the Global Omnicom Network"

Current Employee - Associate Director, Digital Strategy in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Director, Digital Strategy in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy
    Inclusive Culture
    Work / Life Balance
    Exciting Subject Matter (Broadway shows)
    You Know Everyone's Name

Cons

Like any smaller company, must wear "many hats"

Advice to Management

Keep up the culture

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Our work and our open, laid-back, fun culture are important to us, and your feedback lets us know, we’re on the right track….thank you

9. "Never a dull moment."

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible sense of community and a diversity of personality and experience amongst the staff. I genuinely love coming to work and I always feel appreciated.

Cons

I'll let you know when I find one.

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

….as a relatively “new” employee, we’re glad to know you’re having a positive experience….thank you for sharing….

10. "Feel lucky to work here..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting, fulfilling, and thoughtful workplace. Cool office space with TONS of perks from show tickets, to food, to generous paid time off. But the best part...the people who make up Serino Coyne. Smart, caring, dedicated colleagues who make work fun. Even management is thoughtful and caring. I feel motivated, challenged, and excited each day!

Cons

Some very late nights and unpredictable clients. But, honestly, my colleagues make it all better with our "in it together" attitude.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You've created a wonderful environment and culture. Keep being open and transparent.

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

….thank you, we will definitely continue to do our best to be open and transparent…..