Serta Reviews | Glassdoor

Serta Reviews

Updated December 11, 2017

Bob Sherman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Was family type atmosphere, good people to work with (in 4 reviews)

• the hours are good, if you like constantly moving great excercise (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance and management expects you to be at their ready (in 6 reviews)

• Long hours; new company philosophy and strategies are not people oriented nor do they bring value to the retail community (in 10 reviews)

1. "Muel"

Current Employee - Loader in Cullman, AL
    Current Employee - Loader in Cullman, AL

Pros

Its amussing. Its amussing Its amussing Its amussing Its amussing Its amussing Its amussing Its amussing Its amussing Its amussing

Cons

Use to be good, sucks now, corporate to involed constaly changing for the worst

Advice to Management

Take care of your employess and they will take care of you

2. "Receiving"

Current Employee - Forklift in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Forklift in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Serta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people . They are hard driven in a 1950's kind of way . That work is what represents them as a person . That you don't care if you injure yourself for the company . Because you should be glad you have a job . That they have an ineffective safety officer . Who openly disregards safety for production . That they lied to me and said things slowed down . That they would call me in 2 weeks . I'm working . Just not for them. They where not interested in safety or the effects of their policies. Like many of the 75 businesses I have had to watch learn after people die . Then they get right . Sadly just once in my lifetime . I'd like to see one company save lives by doing the right thing .

Cons

Place far to small . For Forklifts to operate safely. No room . Lots of impacts from experienced forklift operators . Workers have no walking space . Traffic on forks is expected to exceed safety for pedestrian traffic . As my trainer told me . One day he came so very close to hitting one of the pedestrians as their is no walk space . Also the logistics . Such as numbers and codes for half the products are not accurate . It's a guess if it goes their . Theirs no room. Have to drive forks up most places as their is no room to do anything else . The forklift operator spends most of his time physically unloading heaven material . Back injuries are next . Have contacted OSHIA as to hazards of job and forbid a disaster strikes . Everything is so pact . I can see several injuries occurring .

Advice to Management

Use your knowledge to understand doing twice what the building is designed for looks great . Up until injuries and deaths occur . Then all that profit isn't worth the cost of what's coming . Once those investigations start . All you have been complacent about is on you . The corporation isn't going to protect you .

"Work review"

Former Employee - Traffic/Logistics Coordinator in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Traffic/Logistics Coordinator in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Serta (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and culture

Cons

Lack of managerial focus in understanding business process.

Advice to Management

Be more professional

4. "It's a fine place to work"

I have been working at Serta full-time

Pros

The hours are good in my opinion.

Cons

It can be stressful and fast paced

5. "Supply Chain Manager"

Pros

Great place to work in any area

Cons

long hours. it does not help

6. "Business analyst"

Pros

Challenging work environment with great benefits with promotions readily available. Promotes continuous self-improvement from a work standpoint. Salary is ok

Cons

The company does not seem to value a personal and work life balance. A lot of good people have left company due to this issue

7. "Great Entry level job"

Pros

There is never a dull moment and things are always changing. As a start up company things will always be in transition and rotation so you have to expect the frustrations that come with a start up. They are very flexible here as well.

Cons

No structure. At this point in the company things are a little over the place. People are transitioning into new roles and it makes those that are currently in position worry about their future at the company.

Advice to Management

It is very important to consider and listen to the individuals who are doing the work you have put in place. Some things can be very challenging and we depend on the big voices to help our voices be heard and help us to succeed in our jobs and making this company a great place to work.

8. "Maintenance Manager"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Rural Hall, NC
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Rural Hall, NC

I have been working at Serta (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Growing pains through merger. Lack of effective leadership

9. "Contract Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Spring, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Spring, TX

I worked at Serta (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good product and People to work with

Cons

Serta Makes lots of money and Sales reps do not make nearly what they are worth.

Advice to Management

You make 40% per mattress and cannot pay commission? $10,000 bonus potential at plan on a 2.5 million budget.

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Serta (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible with schedule, good team.

Cons

Investment bakers own the company and they do not care about anything but the bottom line.