ServiceLink Reviews in Coraopolis, PA | Glassdoor

Coraopolis, PA

2.0
Chris Azur

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Casual dress code and flexible schedule (in 22 reviews)

• Relaxed dress code, really not much else comes to mind (in 15 reviews)

Cons

1. "AVP Integrations Product Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President Integrations Product Manager in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Part of the Fidelity Financial Company

Cons

Downsizing due to market conditions

"CircusLink"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cafeteria and gym on site. Plenty of parking?

Cons

No such thing as a stable job here, unless you go hunting large cats with the CEO, or talk about attractive ladies with the operations President.
    Honestly--don't look to work here unless you plan on leaving in the next few months.
    10+ years with the company, with over 5 of those in management prior to the merger with LPS. Then the acquisition completed and Servicelink annihilated an excellent organization in LPS. Shame.

Advice to Management

Maybe when the silver spoon CEO goes the company has a shot. You see, when this happens any decent CEO will see they need to eliminate the anecdotal, 'buddy' managers there and start fresh managing by numbers and not hunches.

"STAY AWAY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They only want complete bottom feeders. So, if that's you, you may find a home here. Pretty girls beware, however, as the casual yet completely inappropriate shoulder rub may be in your future.

Cons

Cons, hmmm. Well, let's start with the supposed culture striving to be "#1 Across the Board"... The only problem with that is, well, there's a layoff (sorry, "restructure") every two weeks and, believe it or not, that has a terrible affect on the working class there. No one wants to share their secrets (I.E., how to do the job) for fear that it would put them in jeopardy. So the newer people take forever to learn the trade, and that's if they make it that far (seriously, they really DON'T do layoffs there.. I mean it!.. At least that's what they repeatedly said?).

BTW, terrible workflows will remain terrible forevermore as, back to Point A, no one has the courage to speak their mind for fear of.. I think you get it.

What else? Clueless management?... Check. Management fearful of losing their own jobs?... Check. Beaten down workforce?... Check. Upper class in an entirely different building so as to avoid the personal turmoil they cause in their workers' / soon-to-be former workers' lives?... CHECK and CHECK.

ServiceLink is a terrible company ruled by ruthless, clueless leaders, with now decades long history of loosing its employees at the first sight of any market fluctuation. They do not and never will care about you and will never lose sleep at the position you are guaranteed to find yourself in.

The bottom line is this:...

You're better than this place. STAY AWAY

Advice to Management

I sure hope you sleep well. If placed in the same shoes, I certainly never could. Total creeps.

"Title Clearance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers form bonds that keeps you sane.

Cons

Management team needs an overall facelift.

Advice to Management

None to management it won't change.. my advice is to H R. Why won't you do anything?? You are posting on this site like you're hands on in the workplace and you are to some degree but not very effective. If this were the case, the same complaints about upper management wouldn't still trickle throughout two or more decades.

"Appraisal QA"

Current Employee - Appraiser in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Appraiser in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a cafeteria. There's parking. That's about all that is good with this company.

Cons

You are treated like you are in High School. The management doesn't say hello to you or try to learn your name because eventually you will be laid off. Training for new hires with no experience is about 1 to 2 hours. I have over 10 years experience and my company was recently acquired. I have not been asked once about my experience and I am performing jobs way below my level.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management is actually teach managers how to be managers. I have to call my manager in person if I am going to be over 5 MINUTES LATE. Treat your employees as resources instead of worker ants.

6. "Senior Team Lead"

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyable work environment
    Flexible Schedule
    Friendly Clients

Cons

Need more training for certain departments

Advice to Management

Need more training

"Customer Service Manager"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, as needed. Great co-workers. Short commute

Cons

Management would 'say' that you are appreciated and are a valuable member of the team, but did little to SHOW you. No pay raises for years. No bonus for support groups.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and SHOW them they are valued. Honor you employee contracts. Offer pay raises to your employees. Respect your tenured employees enough to be upfront with them. Share your success stories and keep the employees informed. If it becomes necessary to 'release' an employee (especially a tenured one), have the courtesy to speak with them personally - not over the phone at the end of their shift. Review your morals and code of ethics.

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Its difficult to find any pros to this company. There is free parking. Decent facilities that include a gym (however you have to work there a year before they allow you to use it), a game room and a cafeteria.

Cons

Very poor management structure. Highly political. No communication throughout the company regarding anything or anyone. NO bonuses or merit or pay increases. I have worked at this company for over 15 years and for the past 5 have not had any pay increase.

Advice to Management

Stop solely hiring outside for open positions, no room to advance. It's a stagnant, miserable environment with very high turnover rate.

"Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink (Less than a year)

Pros

You will get car parking spot for sure.

Cons

Micromanaging, No standards in IT, No planning in software development.
    You dont know when they will fire you

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink as a contractor

Pros

You can work overtime on the weekends.

Cons

Bullies in the workplace. Basically, there are individuals without college degrees working there who are rude, drama-oriented, and unprofessional. Management is unhelpful in any attempt to resolve issues within the workplace and prefer to silence them rather than discuss them and get to the bottom of them. I remember a manager who was known for yelling at appraisers as loud as she could over the phone in an office full of employees within their cubicles. There was another man who would belittle other workers if he found any mistakes anywhere and management/ workers do not think twice about throwing anyone under the bus. One woman who was a huge bully to many who worked there, including me, was promoted! One manager who has worked there for many years, but could care less about bullies or unprofessional people in the workplace! I cried everyday leaving this place because of the women who bullied me there...and I was pregnant. I had to quit because of the constant stress. I have never in my life worked in a more unprofessional environment! One worker told me she was going to punch me in my pregnant face, posted a facebook status about it online that night, then told me about it the next day! I was 23 years old, so I didn't know what to say to these bullies at work. I found myself googling, "how to deal with bullies in the workplace." I look back on it now & it was just completely unacceptable!

Advice to Management

Do BETTER. I mean honestly, pay attention to workers who are making other workers uncomfortable because they do not know how to work in a drama-free environment. Act more professional and stop this nonsense where you are too "busy" to deal with unprofessional workers or individuals who are making harder for others to do their job. Maybe management should go to sensitivity training! I hope the CEO sees this review & does something about it because I stayed silent after quitting because I was so upset about everything that happened here!