ServiceLink Reviews in Coraopolis, PA | Glassdoor

Coraopolis, PA

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Azur

Pros
  • Casual dress code and flexible schedule (in 20 reviews)

• Relaxed dress code, really not much else comes to mind (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • The culture is bad, upper management needs an overall (in 18 reviews)

• There is no work life balance here (in 8 reviews)

"Formerly good company going downhill fast"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, competitive salary (for now), comfortable facilities

Cons

recent merger with their main competitor has created a lot of turmoil, and had a majorly negative impact on the work environment.

Advice to Management

Step in NOW and get things back to the "ServiceLink" way, following the precepts, before it's too late. The recent acquisition may have brought in additional clients and revenue, but it has also pushed out a lot of quality employees, and is turning a great service-minded company into a cold, mediocre assembly line.

2. "Appraisal QA"

Current Employee - Appraiser in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Appraiser in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's a cafeteria. There's parking. That's about all that is good with this company.

Cons

You are treated like you are in High School. The management doesn't say hello to you or try to learn your name because eventually you will be laid off. Training for new hires with no experience is about 1 to 2 hours. I have over 10 years experience and my company was recently acquired. I have not been asked once about my experience and I am performing jobs way below my level.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management is actually teach managers how to be managers. I have to call my manager in person if I am going to be over 5 MINUTES LATE. Treat your employees as resources instead of worker ants.

"Customer Service Manager"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility to work from home, as needed. Great co-workers. Short commute

Cons

Management would 'say' that you are appreciated and are a valuable member of the team, but did little to SHOW you. No pay raises for years. No bonus for support groups.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and SHOW them they are valued. Honor you employee contracts. Offer pay raises to your employees. Respect your tenured employees enough to be upfront with them. Share your success stories and keep the employees informed. If it becomes necessary to 'release' an employee (especially a tenured one), have the courtesy to speak with them personally - not over the phone at the end of their shift. Review your morals and code of ethics.

ServiceLink Response

Apr 19, 2016 – ServiceLink

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - please know it is appreciated. If you are willing to share more details regarding your experiences at ServiceLink - we would like to hear from you ... More

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I have been working at ServiceLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Its difficult to find any pros to this company. There is free parking. Decent facilities that include a gym (however you have to work there a year before they allow you to use it), a game room and a cafeteria.

Cons

Very poor management structure. Highly political. No communication throughout the company regarding anything or anyone. NO bonuses or merit or pay increases. I have worked at this company for over 15 years and for the past 5 have not had any pay increase.

Advice to Management

Stop solely hiring outside for open positions, no room to advance. It's a stagnant, miserable environment with very high turnover rate.

ServiceLink Response

Apr 7, 2016 – ServiceLink

Thank you for your candor. We would like to hear more about your experiences as a current employee with ServiceLink. Please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you, Kaitlyn - socialsupport@svclnk.com

"Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink (Less than a year)

Pros

You will get car parking spot for sure.

Cons

Micromanaging, No standards in IT, No planning in software development.
    You dont know when they will fire you

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink as a contractor

Pros

You can work overtime on the weekends.

Cons

Bullies in the workplace. Basically, there are individuals without college degrees working there who are rude, drama-oriented, and unprofessional. Management is unhelpful in any attempt to resolve issues within the workplace and prefer to silence them rather than discuss them and get to the bottom of them. I remember a manager who was known for yelling at appraisers as loud as she could over the phone in an office full of employees within their cubicles. There was another man who would belittle other workers if he found any mistakes anywhere and management/ workers do not think twice about throwing anyone under the bus. One woman who was a huge bully to many who worked there, including me, was promoted! One manager who has worked there for many years, but could care less about bullies or unprofessional people in the workplace! I cried everyday leaving this place because of the women who bullied me there...and I was pregnant. I had to quit because of the constant stress. I have never in my life worked in a more unprofessional environment! One worker told me she was going to punch me in my pregnant face, posted a facebook status about it online that night, then told me about it the next day! I was 23 years old, so I didn't know what to say to these bullies at work. I found myself googling, "how to deal with bullies in the workplace." I look back on it now & it was just completely unacceptable!

Advice to Management

Do BETTER. I mean honestly, pay attention to workers who are making other workers uncomfortable because they do not know how to work in a drama-free environment. Act more professional and stop this nonsense where you are too "busy" to deal with unprofessional workers or individuals who are making harder for others to do their job. Maybe management should go to sensitivity training! I hope the CEO sees this review & does something about it because I stayed silent after quitting because I was so upset about everything that happened here!

8. "They hyped up the IT opportunity and then laid me off"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- The casual work environment is actually pretty cool. First time I ever went to work in my weekend clothes.

- Internet use is pretty liberal. You can throw on Pandora or some other program to listen to music while you work

- Worked in IT, and they had a lot of good opportunities to learn new technologies and pick up responsibilities

Cons

- You were either underworked or completely overworked with no in between.

- Very isolated from co-workers. Everyone had their own project, so you didn't interact with people unless your project manager held meetings.

- They have a ridiculously high turnover. This is because management quite literally "rounds up" tens of people in their department and then mass-announces a lay off. This can accumulate to hundreds of layoffs in a single month.

- I only found out afterwards they did this every quarter. I was brought in as a contract-to-hire but barely made it 3 months in before me and twenty other contractors were booted.

- Expect your coworkers to have all worked there under a year.

Advice to Management

Stop running a predatory company please.

"HIRE AND FIRE!"

Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Client Services Representative in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE NIL NADA NOT THING

Cons

They hire mass amount of employees, and then within 90days, they fire you!

Advice to Management

GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRISTICISM so your employees can improve instead of false hope of a promotion!

"Worst place I have ever worked"

Former Contractor - Contractor in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office space. Friendly environment between co-workers (not managers and directors). Good benefits. Very nice employees (excluding managers, directors and VPs).

Cons

Very arrogant management. Frequently curse yell at the junior employees. Promotions are 100% political. Treat junior employees as slaves. I have seen a director standing by his car and his subordinate cleaning snow from the director's car. No need to explain further.

Advice to Management

Replace most of the arrogant directors and hire some nice people at the higher management posts.

"It is the most stressful, unprofessional work environment I have ever experienced"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have a high turnover, so positions are always available

Cons

Service Link expects their employees to work 10 hour days, eat lunch at your desk and work weekends. Their employees are constantly talking about quitting and complain constantly

Advice to Management

Take notice of the high turnover, constantly having to hire new employees is not cost effective.