ServiceSource Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
ServiceSource CEO Chris Carrington
Chris Carrington

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of upper Management Communication (in 25 reviews)

• A job like this should give the option to work remotely - at least give the proven senior sales reps the opportunity to work remotely once a week (in 25 reviews)

1. "Young and Energetic, but not a Career"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at ServiceSource (More than 3 years)

Pros

Average age is about 25 in this place, so if you are fresh out of college and like the frat boy type work environment this would be perfect. They have beer Fridays!, Bonus incentive is through the roof and you can make a lot of money as a sales rep. Fun company that and coworkers that become your actual friends. Casual dress every day!

Cons

Not very professional, high turnover rate. As quick as they hire you they can fire you even quicker for not attaining your quota. Very unfair with management matriculation. You are in the middle of downtown so be prepared to walk from the parking garage a few blocks away. You are sometimes staying late during End of Quarter to hit your numbers, and not always paid for it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

2. "Great place to Start"

Current Employee - Senior Renewals Account Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Renewals Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource (More than a year)

Pros

Has a lot of resources to help further your career. Great place to get your foot in the door when you are young with little experience

Cons

Don't support their employees well. Pay is on the small end for the type of work and the level of clients that you do business with.

Advice to Management

Try to help create more tools to do a better job than monitoring exact call, email, computer usage. Too focus on what you are doing and not what you are closing.

3. "Senior Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Team VMWare - Account Manager - Senior Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Below is my favorite part of my job at Service Source:
    Call upon existing customers and work with a sales channel and account team to assess areas of opportunity, renew current service contracts, and sell complimentary services. In the SLED (state, local and education) space these customers are sensitive accounts where effective communication with top level executives and field representatives is crucial for success in closing large deals on tight time constraints.

Cons

There is a ceiling to how much money that can be made at the sales representative level. The salary is too low and my skill-set is under valued.

I'm interested in assisting a company in building their existing business where we can both benefit equally.

Advice to Management

Provide assistance with employees to make them an all around happier employee (IE: pay, surroundings and time off). When an employee gives it their all, acknowledge that and see what it is that they can do for them to make them better.

5. "Good entry level"

Former Employee - Global Renewals Account Manager
    Former Employee - Global Renewals Account Manager

I worked at ServiceSource (More than a year)

Pros

good people, fun atmosphere, team building opportunities. Access into the tech industry.

Cons

Boring work (renewals), low pay, poor management depending on team.

"A great stepping stone"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For a first sales job in Dublin it is a great opportunity to start with service source as per you would manage a large account. Service source's business is to manage company's licence renewals.

Cons

Not transparent enough on your career plan, give you a small door of leading projects, ask you to keep quiet and keep all client's information inside.

Advice to Management

This is not a company where you can shine, lead projects and involve quickly.

7. "Review"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

With good teamleader and client it has a good vibe and a nice buzz but with bad management who does not sort out and see the essential need of the diffrent clients this place can be very bad, its all about the people. I had both good and bad management in this place. in general I have mostly good experience and been treated fairly, been offered help to progress in my career path. Achievable targets, not missed any bonus payouts. It becomes what you make of it like in other parts of life.

Cons

Micromanagement, usually 20 calls a day needed despite the specific client/terrotory is more admin/email based. sometimees dumbifying tasks that make no sense or does not help gaining the gven target. Also big minus- no laptops and no possibility to work remotely, Expected to work unpaid overtime all quarter ends, including christmas. 40 hour work week is contracted, not 39 hours as currently legislated in Ireland.

Advice to Management

Trust your employers and they will deliver. Give them freedom to achieve the targets their way, stop micromanageing people and implementing tedious unessesary tasks that is sucking the fun out of sales. Give them flexi-time and they will be on time in the mornings and be able to fit the life around work as they wish, If I feel trusted, I feel that I want to do a better job. With micromamangement I do what im told and leave at 17:00 on the dot, I dont want to GIVE if I dont GET.... see what I mean.