ServiceSource Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
ServiceSource CEO Chris Carrington
Chris Carrington

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of upper Management Communication (in 26 reviews)

• A job like this should give the option to work remotely - at least give the proven senior sales reps the opportunity to work remotely once a week (in 25 reviews)

1. "Senior Operation Services Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and steady weekly schedule

Cons

Employees are underpaid. Management is seriously lacking in experience. There is a lot of talk and no follow through. I would highly suggest that you DO NOT work here. There are really no growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Communicate with the employees. Recognize your employees for the actual work they do.

"stay away unless you are 22."

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

only pro is if you just graduated college and need a job

Cons

consistently lies to employees, always tries to not pay you full bonus, comes up with fake numbers so they don't have to pay you, micromanaged. Managers have no business degrees or management experience. Senior Level Management does not care about any employee unless they are friends. Corporate BS is always spit at you. THE MOST unethical company I have ever been apart of. STAY AWAY! Very low pay(especially in Nashville). Most people cannot afford to live or most take a second job.
    Nashville upper management consistently lies to employees, only takes people they are friends with on trips, promotes friends only. Very unprofessional on work trips, drinks too much and embarrasses company, but they continue to get promoted.

Consistent turnover and they do not care if you leave.

They will try to find a way to fire you if you challenge them on anything.

The MOTTO of the company is to pay recent grads low salary, hope they never ask for raise, they leave in two years and start the cycle over again.

Advice to Management

Low level managers need to stand up to high level managers but they are too busy drinking the kool aid to know any better.

If the employees banded together and stood for what is right there could be a huge culture shock in the company.

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES WHAT THEY DESERVE!

"Do Not Be Fooled"

Current Employee - CSM in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - CSM in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Sometimes going through something bad, like working for SSI, really teaches you what you don't want and what to look out for. The experience you will have here will help you realign your standards.
    - Solid employee's, you will make great friends with good smart people.

Cons

- The company is inherently unethical.
    - Manipulative structure set up to not pay you for the value you add.
    - I have never seen such lack of efficiency in all of my adult working life. I have sat without data for 2 months with nothing but excuses to fill the void.
    - The pay is well below average.
    - The training / on-boarding is historically bad, repetitive, useless. Sometimes they will have you training for other jobs as if to intentionally waste your time. x2
    - To use the word "opportunities" would be a joke unless we are talking about the lack of. Despite all the lies you will hear, there will be very little upward mobility unless you are an attractive female or weasel your way into the buddy system.
    - The micro management is insane for a place with such horrid untrustworthy management.
    - SSI will track every second of your day (computer usage) and treat you like a child.
    - Management is lazy, ineffective, petty, and in no way shape or form any brand leaders. Often times insulting your intelligence, disrespectful, at times even HR worthy.
    - The will set goals, change your goals to unrealistic goals right before quarters end so you can not reach attainment.
    - If you are interested in being depressed, having the life sucked out of you, slowly losing all self worth, going broke bc poverty level pay, having a computer to look for new jobs while getting paid here, THIS IS TH PLACE FOR YOU.
    I am embarrassed to have this place on my resume.
    >Writing this as I stare out the window thinking back to my poor decision that I made to accept a position here before reading reviews.

Advice to Management

- Watch some Ted Talks, stand for something, mean what you say, embrace your team, fight for your team, lead by example.

"Senior Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

Laid back, plenty of time to sit back and watch the inevitable drama that unfolds when you have so many employees hooking up with each other, no adult supervision.

Cons

Definitely not a career, more like an internship stepping stone, always a lot of uncertainty which I know is industry standard but even more so here. I've been contacted twice in the past year to be part of two class action lawsuits against the company.

Advice to Management

Being a manager at this company is like being a captain of a sinking ship. This company is so notorious in Nashville for high turnover rate, none of my prospects when I was looking for a new job were very impressed to see ServiceSource on my resume

"Inside sales"

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

This job used to be a really good first job and get you exposure into the sales world. I met a lot of great people and have learned a lot. You will never feel stressed with this job.

Cons

This place has become very difficult to work for. They are constantly looking for reasons to not give you a good bonus and have a lot of rules. They also give promotions to people who know nothing about managing besides micromanaging but somehow become a "strategic sales manager".

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make this a call center

"Immature Alcoholic Culture"

Former Employee - Operations Services Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Operations Services Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can learn about Lean Six Sigma, Process Architecture and Documents. Lenient about taking leisurely breaks to leave the workplace or building or taking time off.

Cons

Extremely low wages for the work being done and numbers expected to meet. Management is increasingly incompetent & has their favorites whom they promote and whom steal others ideas and get the credit for them. Those who carry & improve the business are never given the respect or raises or promotions they deserve. HIGH turn-over. They'll try to get you to quit if they don't like you....& they won't if you don't conform to their alcoholic middle school culture. New CEO is gradually outsourcing the business. Large amounts of people terminated without warning at a time. The people who stay and move up are of questionable character. Almost all incentives revolve around alcohol: "Beer Friday" or "Spiffs" where you are pressured to consume alcohol and if you do not, you are treated by even Management as "Anti-Social." Breeding ground for Alcoholism, Narcissism et cetera.

Advice to Management

Get a conscience. Stop running the place with alcoholic tyranny.

"Inside Sales Rep."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hendersonville, TN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hendersonville, TN

I worked at ServiceSource (Less than a year)

Pros

Work environment, kitchen, trips for end of quarter,

Cons

pay, contract uncertainties, inexperienced management

"Renewals Representative"

Current Employee - Renewal Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Renewal Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues- I love the people I work with!

Cons

Pay, Management, everything else

Unless this is your only option, RUN. The company will do whatever they can to NOT pay you what they owe you.

Advice to Management

Stop expecting too much out of people only making $30k. We are literally just numbers in a corporate world. Nashville is booming, but our pay is not increasing. Quota setting is more aggressive than ever which means no money in your pocket.

"Mostly a terrible experience"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

When I began I had a phenomenal manager. It was easy to work with her and to talk through any issues that may arise. Then management changed and the company as whole went very far south.

This companies stock will most likely increase because they are cutting ALL domestic costs. They are moving as many positions overseas as possible to save money and create rise in stock.

Cons

Upper management absolutely does NOT care about entry level employees. CAUTION: Do NOT work here. If you switch team or organizations, they'll give you twice the work while finding a replacement but not pay you extra during that time and will not approve overtime. The organization as a whole will use their employees as much as they can (i.e. steal ideas without giving credit, create more work than necessary for the time allowed for projects without paying overtime, etc.) and then kick you to the curb once they've exhausted anything useful from you. PTO is bad and rarely granted. They are moving all entry level jobs overseas. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL. You will not have a voice. You will not be cared for. Upper management has to emotion or concern toward anything that happens at entry level. They will preach an open door policy; this does not exist. While you can get something to put on your resume by working here (the absolute ONLY positive of this job), your time here will drain you and jade you. I'm extremely happy that I've finally left this terrible place. if you take a job here, at the very least make it worth while by making friends as there are many nice people at entry level and they like to have fun..... outside the workplace.

Advice to Management

There is nothing that can be said which would be taken seriously by management. They are moving entry level positions overseas and put zero value in any entry level employee. They will do everything they can (while following HR standards) to remove anyone who "gets in the way". Management can't be trusted for anything.

"Does not value loyal employees"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

When I first joined the company, it was a great place to work. It was a place that allowed me to quickly advance in my career and I was promoted a number of times. I was made to feel like I was something of value to the company.

Cons

I can sum it all up with the fact that I was basically fired for being pregnant. The language they used was a bit different, and strategic "re-org" loopholes were used to avoid legal battles (which, looking back, I wish I had pursued, had my focus not been on my new baby.)

I also barely received any severance for almost a decade worth of service to the company.