ServiceSource Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
ServiceSource CEO Chris Carrington
Chris Carrington

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of upper Management Communication (in 27 reviews)

• A job like this should give the option to work remotely - at least give the proven senior sales reps the opportunity to work remotely once a week (in 25 reviews)

1. "ServiceSource is a great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

Pros

ServiceSource is a youthful and fun place to work. The employees in our San Francisco office tend to all be friends, and our frequent all-hands type activities strengthen our bond with each other. Compensation and benefits are competitive. The new office, built to be our corporate headquarters, is a great place to work. This company has a history of hiring talented people out of college and developing them through extensive ongoing training., making SSI a great place to begin your workplace experience.

Cons

Comp and benefits include only 15 annual PTO days, accrued 5 hours per pay period. I think that tenure and performance should factor into this calculation.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop our organization into a world-class workplace.

2. "A Service Source inside sales position is a rewarding and fun opportunity for people in their early to early-mid career."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

Pros

-Atmosphere is a lot of fun - majority of sales reps are recent college grads
    -Top-notch training- ranging from basic sales training to advanced excel courses to salesforce etc
    -Mid-level management (Team Lead and Account Manager) was intelligent, compassionate, and capable.
    -Really fun team/company outings to restaurants, football/baseball games, quarterly rallies / prize giveaways for top performers were always fun.
    -The quarterly commission checks were really good if you hit your quota.
    -Smerklo

Cons

Your office is most likely going to be a cubicle HOWEVER you will be surrounded by intelligent, funny, and all around great people.

Advice to Management

Provide reps with more insight into the biz

3. "Good place to be, high growth company and plenty of important work to be done"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

Pros

High growth company with excellent customer base. A lot of quality work to be done and you can be a star if you wish to put in the work.

Cons

Sometimes long hours. If you're not used to doing this on your own without a lot of supervision this could be an issue. Stock is down a lot however still obove IPO price. A market induced problem and not necessarily a company specific problem.

Advice to Management

Hopefully things will continue to go great as we grow.

5. "Aggressive and Knowledgeable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Leverages industry best practices, applies this to individual customer instances and manages service renewals in a very effective manner for it's customers

Cons

Some very big initiatives are being simultaneously pursued, which stresses the infrastructure and the ability to execute for it's customers

6. "Fast paced, energizing place to grow career and learn sales skills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great culture - very no-nonsense with clear focus on performance and rewards for those who do; commitment to community and giving back has become stronger over the past few years and is part of the DNA.
    Opportunities abound - growth is rapid, so career opportunities pop up in various parts of the org; never a dull day; for people who get excited by new projects & challenges, it's energizing
    Solid management - managemnet team seems to genuinely care about the employees; very seasoned and smart group of people; very committed to company's success
    Huge opportunity - big market, and just beginning to unfold

Cons

Fast-paced can also mean challenging work-life balance. Performance is a top priority and when customer quarter ends loom high, it'sall hands on deck
    Culture can be too aggressive for some. Must be thick skinned to succeed here.
    Growth pains - company is grwoing fast and trying to do a lot. Can be overwhelming and decisions made sometimes too quickly

Advice to Management

Stay focused on what really matters. Prioritize the most important stuff and let some things slide. Delegate more to middle management and work harder to empower employees.

"Great Place to Start a Career"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, awesome people to work with, advancement opportunities are there if you seek them, learning opportunities are there if you seek them.

Cons

Starting wage is somewhat low but still easy to live on, especially if you include bonuses; you end up doing much better than an average retail worker.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

8. "Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ServiceSource is a growing company with a solid business model. It's a performance-oriented environment, with a substantial quarterly bonus for meeting a sales quota. The culture is fun, youthful, and individual teams are often very tight-knit. It is a great place for college graduates or those with limited experience who want to get start in a sales-related career.

Cons

Due to the company being young, and only public for a few years, along with the entry level nature of the job, there is a fair amount of turnover. This can lead to inexperienced low-level management and/or disorganization. Also, without performance bonuses of the Sales position, the base salary is certainly nothing to write home about (although benefits are fairly generous).

9. "The ultimate "it is what you make it" environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career growth opportunities. Heavy training emphasis on skills development. Provides a chance to be heard and make a significant difference with a company in the early stages of something big. Those who behave like owners will absolutely thrive at ServiceSource. Great downtown location with modern office facilities. This type of business puts a premium on problem solving and creativity.

Cons

Technologically immature but consistently improving. Fast pace can feel chaotic to some.

Advice to Management

Accentuate career path development and continued investment in people through specific training initiatives. Over communicate.

10. "A great first job where you can practice your office skills"

Current Employee - Operations Services Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Services Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You really get a sense of how a large office runs. I had seen the movies and talked to my parents, but actually being a cog in a large machine was a totally new experience. It was a great first job where I got to experience teamwork and handle quotas. There is a big difference between working for a school grade and working for a paycheck and I am very happy that ServiceSource was my first job. It is the classic cubicle environment, complete with supervisors and managers and cheesy 'inspirational' monthly meetings, but it was a great place to start out. Also, being that ServiceSource is conscious of what it is (a first job), it went smoothly when I left. I came, I trained, I got experience, and then I moved on.

Cons

I'm pretty sure it is like this for all large cubicle environments, but it was a bit high school-ish in the drama that sometimes arose. But again, as this was many people's first job, perhaps a bit of immaturity was to be expected. Managers are very good at handling the groups and I never saw anything get truly crazy.

There is little room for job advancement. You are a cog. You can get promoted to a senior cog, and then even a supervisor cog, but that's it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

11. "Nashville Sales Center"

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great place to work and grow

Cons

need to set a clear vision