ServiceSource 551 Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
ServiceSource CEO Chris Carrington
Chris Carrington

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of upper Management Communication (in 25 reviews)

• A job like this should give the option to work remotely - at least give the proven senior sales reps the opportunity to work remotely once a week (in 25 reviews)

1. "I hated the job"

I worked at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

The employee was only thing keeping me going.

Cons

Call center just downtown Nashville.

"Customer Success Manager"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Community
    - Excellent Resume Builder

Cons

- Bonus structure is very elusive
    - Alot of work is busy work that you are not compensated for, or it detracts from the work you are required to do in order to receive a full bonus

"Do Not Be Fooled"

Current Employee - CSM in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - CSM in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Sometimes going through something bad, like working for SSI, really teaches you what you don't want and what to look out for. The experience you will have here will help you realign your standards.
    - Solid employee's, you will make great friends with good smart people.

Cons

- The company is inherently unethical.
    - Manipulative structure set up to not pay you for the value you add.
    - I have never seen such lack of efficiency in all of my adult working life. I have sat without data for 2 months with nothing but excuses to fill the void.
    - The pay is well below average.
    - The training / on-boarding is historically bad, repetitive, useless. Sometimes they will have you training for other jobs as if to intentionally waste your time. x2
    - To use the word "opportunities" would be a joke unless we are talking about the lack of. Despite all the lies you will hear, there will be very little upward mobility unless you are an attractive female or weasel your way into the buddy system.
    - The micro management is insane for a place with such horrid untrustworthy management.
    - SSI will track every second of your day (computer usage) and treat you like a child.
    - Management is lazy, ineffective, petty, and in no way shape or form any brand leaders. Often times insulting your intelligence, disrespectful, at times even HR worthy.
    - The will set goals, change your goals to unrealistic goals right before quarters end so you can not reach attainment.
    - If you are interested in being depressed, having the life sucked out of you, slowly losing all self worth, going broke bc poverty level pay, having a computer to look for new jobs while getting paid here, THIS IS TH PLACE FOR YOU.
    I am embarrassed to have this place on my resume.
    >Writing this as I stare out the window thinking back to my poor decision that I made to accept a position here before reading reviews.

Advice to Management

- Watch some Ted Talks, stand for something, mean what you say, embrace your team, fight for your team, lead by example.

5. "company in the process of transformation"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Services Specialist
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Services Specialist

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1) Good insurance benefit 2) Bus provided from KL sentral to office 3) Casual attire

Cons

1) HR now handle by Philippine office 2) Have to work on Public Holiday & if you are in the wrong team you probably have to work overtime 3) If you took Medical leave more than 6days per year your bonus will be affected 4) to many drama's 5) Don't have clear view on what will happen to KL office 6) There is to many process changes in short period of time. The company should have standard procedure

Advice to Management

1) Sales & Operations team should have clear guide on the process.2) Avoid miscommunication which will compromise end process quality 3) Clear bad data from your system database because it is important our database match with our client

6. "Renewal Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Renewal Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Renewal Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back most of the time, cool people, nice perks every now and then, good resume builder.

Cons

Worst training ever, repetitive, working with clients can be challenging, below average pay.

Advice to Management

Train better!

7. "Sales Manager"

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

Inside sales, set opportunity list, no real cold call more like a warm lead. The atmosphere is laid back but trying to grow up.

Cons

Growing pains, trying to establish structure but revenue is very much depended off of clients which may not have the same goals as Service Source

8. "Good as a first job"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at ServiceSource (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of freedom
    Easy interview
    Good atmosphere

If you are looking for a bridge to a better company this is the best opportunity
    extremely easy
    not very demanding

Cons

Not transparent
    Lots of people decided to left due to career opportunity changes

Advice to Management

As if you would listen...

"Cheaper is not always better"

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

Sometimes they have good events. Mediocre benefits.

Cons

Where to start? They don't pay really at all. The industry standard is sometimes triple what they will give you as salary. They do not want you to hit your bonus numbers. Don't listen to the recruiters when they tell you "you'll always get your full bonus just by doing your job." They will give you goals that are impossible to attain just to make sure you will not hit your bonus. They also barely give you any time off and if your manager is power hungry you will never get to take the time off you do have. Dead end jobs, no professional development, terribly managed.

"Senior Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

Laid back, plenty of time to sit back and watch the inevitable drama that unfolds when you have so many employees hooking up with each other, no adult supervision.

Cons

Definitely not a career, more like an internship stepping stone, always a lot of uncertainty which I know is industry standard but even more so here. I've been contacted twice in the past year to be part of two class action lawsuits against the company.

Advice to Management

Being a manager at this company is like being a captain of a sinking ship. This company is so notorious in Nashville for high turnover rate, none of my prospects when I was looking for a new job were very impressed to see ServiceSource on my resume

"Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. SSI is one of the most ethnically diverse workforces in the country.

2. They invest in their staff through TED talks and have lots of courses available.

3. They trust you to get on with your work.

4. You can get promoted fairly easily.

5. Great location.

6. Great benefits and bonus.

7. Achievable targets.

8. Middle management listen to your every need and problem.

9. Great people to work with! (Not joking about this one, some amazing people work there).

10. Happy hour.

Cons

1. They use this as a ploy to rope you in and join their "international" culture.

2. SSI Ted talks are farcical and not based on any facts. Psychic seance may prove more effective.

3. Only to install employee surveillance software on everyone's computer.

4. Only if you sacrifice a goat to the dark gods and know who's pulling the strings.

5. This one is actually true.

6. Yeah a half priced gym membership is okay.
    Bonuses do not get paid out properly as if one team misses their number, another team makes up for it. Sometimes (99% of the time) they argue the toss.

7. Hahahah....umm rarely if you're paying for the CEO's McClaren sports car (whilst said CEO addresses you via video from his music room- a music room really?!)

8. Do they fudge.

9. Actually the staff are fantastic. No really they are. They were what kept me and others there so long. It's like a family. Quite incestuous even!

10. Feels like a forced toddlers party where all the kids are happy but none of the parents want to be there. Let your non alcoholic staff go home early!

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, they really know what's best. You do not. Well not anymore sadly.
    Pay better wages, let staff know about the direction you wish to take the company instead of experiencing the mass exodus which is happening now.
    Treat your staff with respect and not like children.
    Especially the German speakers. They're hard to find. Scandis too....Leave the Italians though...they're fine alone running the mafia by the coffee machine.
    Also get a new fuusball machine...it's a metaphor for the company right now!