ServiceSource Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management has failed to grow their account base to keep up with Wall Street's expectations (in 31 reviews)

• A job like this should give the option to work remotely - at least give the proven senior sales reps the opportunity to work remotely once a week (in 28 reviews)

"SSI Account Manager"

I worked at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

The people (coworker / teammates), companies you get to work with, and location of office

Cons

They allow anyone to become a team lead manager which sometimes equates to a very unqualified boss, horrible work / life balance, not much room for growth, and overall, do not appreciate their employees

Advice to Management

Listen to comments and needs from work force

2. "Good place to learn"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coaching and development. You can learn a lot about the world of renewals and managers are very open to getting you to a different role or helping you move towards overall career goals.

Cons

Depends a lot on what team you're on. If you're on one with frustrating people or a difficult client it can be a drag to go to work. Pay is not great across the board either.

3. "Sales Support Coordinator"

Former Employee - Sales Support Coordinator in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Support Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere at the company

Cons

Pay is below average for Nashville

Advice to Management

Find a way to increase pay to keep people at the company

"Short Sighted Gains"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere and good benefits

Cons

Upper management has failed to grow their account base to keep up with Wall Street's expectations. While current business has continued to grow and streamline they make up for the gap by taking this out of sales payouts.

Advice to Management

While this strategy to limit payouts works for margins in the short term top talent is leaving the company in droves for greener pastures. If you feel that you must limit sales spending I suggest increasing base comp while making the bonus less attainable.

5. "Renewal Sales Representative"

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time

Pros

Great management. Great offices. Great location. Great atmosphere. Fun job.

Cons

It doesn't pay very well.

"No Career Growth Opportunity; Get out while you can!"

Former Employee - Strategic Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Strategic Sales Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to gain some big client experience early on in your career.

Cons

Poor business model, poor upper management, VMWare team used to be the creme of the crop and the business decisions have pushed out all of the talent that used to be on the sales floor. Current structure is un-sustainable, waste of talent.

Advice to Management

Move on. ServiceSource's structure and future has not been able to keep up with the Denver market. Compensation and career growth will not be able to catch up.

"Toxicity and bullying acceptable in search for growth."

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

*If you're in Sales you can pretty much get away with murder.
    *Plenty of room for growth as we continue to struggle with employee retention.

Cons

I am a longtime and current employee at Servicesource. In my time in the company I have seen a drastic cultural shift away from our core tenets and philosophy that originally attracted me for employment in the company to a less tenable profits at all costs doctrine.

The true marker for how far we have fallen for me came when I recently found myself in an unenviable position of having to report several members of a sales team for unprofessional behavior in regard to the harassment of a female colleague. This did not go as expected and I was genuinely surprised with the reception of this reports as when it was brought to the attention of my management I was reprimanded for the reporting of the incident and no action was taken in regard to the ongoing harassment.

Servicesource is well aware of these types of behaviors in our current culture and brush off criticisms with a head in the sands approach to the Human aspect of human resources and excuse such cases with the tagline of us being a "Young company" (IE we hire Kids who don't know any better). They've recently let go of most of our onsite HR Reps that were available to us for employee support and instead have outsourced a large portion of these jobs overseas. Our HR presence in the states now consists predominantly of recruiters and benefits coordinators. The reporting conflict and incidents is now left to an ineffective whistle blower line.

I understand the difficulties the company is going through. The market is ever changing and we have struggled to keep up with the times. Hard choices are being made to restore positive growth but it appears these are being made at the expense of our dedicated employee base and that fact leaves a lot to be desired.

Advice to Management

Operations employees may be red "ovehead" marks on your financials but are integral and hard working members of our teams and should not be treated as if they're second class citizens.

Hold our ADULT employees responsible for unruly, aggressive or harassing behavior. Even if they're profitable assets to the company.

"Struggling company heading down hill fast"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Customer Success in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager Customer Success in Denver, CO

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, buy dwindling, customer base of who's who in big tech companies and other big logos. Still time to set things right.

Cons

Not creating value for customers anymore. They can do the same stuff in house and better than we can. Get serious about offering more valuable services.

Advice to Management

Remove some layers of leadership that are not being honest about the business. Go talk to customers and employees.

"Just plain Awful"

Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cannot think of any positives. I would say downtown location however they should be in a less expensive area given where they are financially.

Cons

Senior leadership team is out for themselves. Never met a more selfish group of leaders. In in just for themselves.

Advice to Management

Invest in getting some ethical core values created. Replace entire senior leadership team in Denver. Thing is, the senior leadership team does not care about ethics and truthfulness so they would not invest in values creation. All they care about is themselves and nice things the company simply cannot afford. High turnover as employees learn what kind of place they are working for.

"A call center served with a dash of income..."

Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ServiceSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefits, location, parking, experience with CRMs, the fourth floor deck,

Cons

Unprofessional (walking HR violations), morale, micromanagement, [lack of] training, mind-numbing busy work, no integrity and pay...

Advice to Management

Quit promoting your drinking buddies, and reward the hard-working employees providing results. Increase the salaries! Be honest about the results you can provide to the companies you take on. Hire quality people. It's getting harder to differentiate the employees from the bums in the smoker's alley.