ServiceTitan Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
ServiceTitan CEO Ara Mahdessian
Ara Mahdessian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch, 100% company covered health/dental/vision insurance, etc (in 11 reviews)

• Customers love our product, because it helps them run a better business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains as a startup (creating and implementing sustainable processes) (in 5 reviews)

• The work/life balance in some positions can be intense (in 3 reviews)

"Awesome company. Brilliant team. Great product. Huge impact on customers' lives. Stellar success and growth."

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

It's a thrill every day to be part of one of the fastest-growing and most successful companies in LA. It's a rewarding experience to work on a product that is revolutionary and makes a huge difference in customers' lives. The pedigree and team dynamic is amazing. I learn so much from so many high-caliber team members.

Cons

The company has its share of growing pains, but that is expected for a company that has grown so quickly, and it's often a large part of all the learning and excitement at the company.

"In the middle of something truly special - AMAZING company"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Really, really high bar for talent. I'm constantly learning from so many super intelligent people around me
    + Surprisingly down to earth team members that are very welcoming, helpful, and a joy to be around
    + Clear and compelling mission and vision, and a product that sells itself.
    + So gratifying to be working on something that matters and is actually helpful for so many customers, and to hear how grateful they are for my work.
    + It never feels like work. I'm eager to get with my team each day and help change the world.
    + Just a seriously amazing company, team, product, and opportunity

Cons

- Office is getting cramped because the company is growing fast, though apparently an expansion is in the works
    - Expectations can sometimes be really high, though often it's because we don't want to disappoint our customers

Advice to Management

Keep communicating openly and transparently
    Keep the culture alive
    Manage all the growth wisely

"simply incredible in every way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

product that customers love, building something that matters, experiencing an exciting journey while doing so, top-notch team, incredible success, really bright future

Cons

what more can you ask for

Advice to Management

don't lose the team spirit, focus on the things that matter, and i'm excited for the new office!

"Awesome start-up to be a part of!"

Pros

The team culture here is very unique and the main reason I joined. The company is rapidly growing and there are plenty of growth opportunities. ServiceTitan has a great mission and I am excited to be part of the fun and contribute to the success of the company!

Cons

Looking forward to growing and having more process in place.

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Pros

Company is doing great. Recently received $18 million in funding for the top VC in the SAAS space.
    Great energy, people and culture. Free lunch served every day! Everyone seems to be super excited to be part of the company and the work that they do. Recently moved to a beautiful new office.

Cons

I can't think of any right now.

"Constant Growth and a Caring Culture"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An incredible open-space, full of passionate and talented individuals.

ServiceTitan provides the perks of a startup, with the confidence that our product will only continue to become more and more invaluable to the service industry.

Cons

A flexible time-off policy and a lack of time-sheets leaves you and only you accountable for getting your work done.

Self-starters will thrive, where the more passive might have a harder time.

Advice to Management

Despite the constant growth, it's great to see you in the thick of it with us, every day.
    Take more vacations!

"Fantastic Culture"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, the teamwork, the product, flexible vacation, free lunch (woo!), and an extremely strong work ethic in everybody. You truly feel like a family and part of something special.

Upper management is extremely supportive. Going into work is extremely fun.

Cons

The customers are sometimes terrible to deal with. They expect everything they ask for and we kind of bend over backwards to make them happy.

Lower than average pay, but hopefully that pays off in the end when the company has become much larger.

Advice to Management

Higher pay would help motivate us further, but otherwise everything is really great!

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Vice President Finance in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Finance in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing team, powerful culture, great benefits, free lunch and snacks daily, plenty of room for growth, decent work life balance for a start up...

Cons

As with any start up, be prepared to work hard, if you're a motivated self starter, you will thrive. If you're not, it probably be a tough place to work.

"A STELLAR Place to Work"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

1. The balance of working hard to accomplish amazing things AND having fun throughout the day is top notch. We do important and innovative work, and have a great time doing it.
    2. Trust. The managers and executives at ServiceTitan do no micromanage. They have high expectations of everyone on their teams, and help guide your work by setting goals and allowing you to accomplish them in the way that you know how. If you are hired its because the team believes you can accomplish great things. Which leads me to...
    3. Talent. The employees that work at ServiceTitan are excellent. I have learned a ton about various aspects of the industry we work in from people with a diverse set of backgrounds. Part of the fun of working here has been learning from other employees and hearing about the experience that they bring to the table. I have not yet come across an employee who isn't good at what they do.
    4. Leadership. Within the first two days I had met both of the founders of the company and had gotten the opportunity to hear their vision for the future of the company. As we grow, this will probably become less likely, but the fact that it was a priority at all was very new to me. Both founders are very intentional leaders - they trust the employees, they value what we do, they challenge the company to accomplish great things, and they invest in keeping us all happy. This company will continue to be successful because it is being led in the right way.
    5. The office. We just moved into a brand new office taking up an entire floor. Great views, modern furniture/kitchen, etc. Its a great place to spend the day.
    6. Food. With catered lunch each and every day, and snacks and drinks always stocked, you feel right at home.

Cons

Each department has challenges that it faces, but the only con that I've noticed across the company is a lack of communication regarding parts of the product. When I first came to the company, the onboarding process left something to be desired. There was no official training about the product other than the same training modules that the clients use. It was expected that I teach myself the product and ask questions along the way. I think that at least in part, because of this, people's knowledge about the product throughout the company is a bit scattered. There are a few people considered the true "experts," but other than that there doesn't seem to be a real shared understanding of parts of the product. I think this is a natural growing pain for a startup that has done as well as ServiceTitan has, but still presents a challenge company-wide.

Advice to Management

Keep interacting with "lower" employees. Keep explaining the "why" of what we do rather than just the "how" or "what." Continue to think big.

"Awesome Culture and Great Place To Make An Impact"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seriously. The 2 founders are some of the genuinely nicest people you will ever meet especially in a leadership position. They really do treat you like family.

- If you are self-motivated and ready to work with other like-minded people, you could really enjoy coming into work each day
    - free catered lunch everyday, unlimited vacation, and many other perks
    - From a technology point of view, they have very smart engineers and have not been in situation yet where the answer to the question, "can we do it", has been 'no'.

Cons

Not many...

- you can't bring your dog to work

Advice to Management

Not much. Keep up the good work and possibly be a bit more transparent on how people you add will impact your work responsibilities / goals / objectives especially when it comes to outside consultants.