ServiceTitan Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
ServiceTitan CEO Ara Mahdessian
Ara Mahdessian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch, 100% company covered health/dental/vision insurance, etc (in 11 reviews)

• Customers love our product, because it helps them run a better business (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains as a startup (creating and implementing sustainable processes) (in 5 reviews)

• The work/life balance in some positions can be intense (in 3 reviews)

"Achieve the Extraordinary"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are new to Software, or early in your career, you have the ability to prove yourself and be promoted within the company. If you are more senior with lots of experience (and the ability to motivate very diverse teams) there is also a lot of opportunity to invest yourself into a very promising, successful startup. Competent employees receive recognition/kudos and the collaborative environment between teams is impressive. You will work with lots of kind, fun, and innovative people. If you don't learn from your teammates, you have to have blinders on!

Cons

The work/life balance in some positions can be intense. You work with really intelligent, dynamic people because the positions demand it.

Advice to Management

Transparency is starting to lessen as the organization grows. If that's intentional, we probably want to stop mentioning transparency as part of our culture. If it isn't: share more! Also, check in with your team members' sense of morale; we are growing fast!

"Great place to work"

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

-Very smart and well prioritized management
    -Amazing product
    -Great perks and top notch benefits
    -Very nice office space

Cons

-Hard hours sometimes. With such high expectations, it requires a lot more work than a typical 9-5.
    -Rapidly changing strategies that come with a start-up. While this is necessary, it can be hard to just do the day-to-day.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Go Titans!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is completely invested in the company's success. I'm given the autonomy and ownership to be able to identify ways I can add value and get the support I need to deliver. The culture and energy are pulsating, and people are smart and supportive. The growth is exciting and driven by a market-leading product, a passionate Customer Success organization, and impressive sales output for a product this mission-critical. It's wild seeing this level of success continue.

Cons

The work is challenging. Of course, it's very fulfilling.

Advice to Management

Management gives us access to every detail, but a bit more frequent communication would go a long way with all this growth. We hear about the new enterprise logos, which totally pump me up, but I'd love to also hear about new small logos, existing customer success stories, new product features, etc. We should celebrate wins more often.

"Customer Advocate"

Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. People - interesting, bright, passionate
    2. Culture - diverse environment, powerful core values
    3. Product - very innovative, users are evangelists
    4. Growth - it's a rocket ship, always learning
    5. Impact - what we do matters, our software powers the nation's home services industry

Cons

Some teams need more people, mine included, especially during releases!

Advice to Management

Let's never forget our roots. We're building something special here!

"Great Learning Environment with a winning culture"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many pros about working at ServiceTitan. As many others have said, the people who work at ServiceTitan are truly awesome and are probably the biggest reason for my 5 star review. I consider myself lucky because I do a ton of cross functional work and have formed "work friendships" with individuals on many teams. In addition to the great team, employees are truly empowered by their managers (and trusted). Other nice perks include free food, an awesome office, regular team outings, etc.

Cons

After reading a couple other reviews I was somewhat surprised that there was a sentiment of negativity regarding how sales driven the organization is and how some employees felt less appreciated than others based on what department they are in....and surprisingly I am NOT part of the sales team.

I feel that individuals on ALL teams receive a ton of recognition and that there are constantly opportunities to put yourself in the spotlight, you just have to: Roll up your sleeves, work hard, earn your promotions (don't expect them) and realize that if you get to a place outside of your comfort zone that situations like this provide an opportunity to broaden your skill set and increase your knowledge.

Advice to Management

Focus on transparency
    Be authentic
    Continue to Listen

"Customer Success"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

ServiceTitan is very mission-driven. Many companies have catchy purpose statements, but it's very motivating to work in an environment where we all invest so deeply in our customers and one another and support a product that affects our customers' businesses and lives in a major way. That comes with a great deal of responsibility, so this job is not easy, and we all work hard. That leads me to my coworkers. You won't understand until you see for yourself, but my coworkers here are amazing. They're smart, humble, and helpful. We learn from one another, lean on each other to achieve our goals, and also bond pretty deeply outside of work. It's a beautiful culture driven by great core values, and I feel very fortunate to play a part of it all.

Cons

Nothing, but I have to fill this box out.

Advice to Management

As we grow, we need to hear more from each department so we can remain integrated and not become siloed. Certain departments hear and interact more with certain founders and senior management. It would be nice for each department to get more exposure to the other founders and senior management.

"Making a difference!"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

I was nervous about leaving my successful track in a traditional career to join a startup. Knowing what I know now, it would have been the biggest regret of my life if I didn't make the leap.

Pros:
    Authentic story and culture and great core values
    Genuine, bright, caring employees (can't stress this enough)
    Fantastic product (customers love it)
    Ability to affect the direction of the product and company
    Managers lead by example and really care (especially all managers in my department, and I can't stress how amazing my VP is)
    Smart and thoughtful founders (I interact more with the President, very intelligent and a product visionary, and CEO is inspirational, brilliant, and a person I bet on)
    Top grade investors
    Super high growth rate and success
    Making a big difference for every customer
    Hard work but very rewarding
    Very transparent about what's going on and all metrics

Cons

Comp or benefits weren't the important consideration when I joined and stil aren't, but could use some improvement down the road.

Advice to Management

Embracing feedback from employees is refreshing to see, but please change the feedback process. Recently, 2-3 people with outrageous suggestions have drowned out the voice of others (they've also drowned voices here with their unjustified negative reviews, too). Know that the high performing employees in my circle consider their suggestions frustrating and prefer that we stay focused on continuing to make a difference and make progress.

"Are you ready to LOVE what you do!?"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

I've been part of multiple good tech companies. I've seen great teams, products, founders, and the opportunity to make a big impact. But I've never seen all of them in the same company until ServiceTitan. You will be excited to come to work every day. You will be challenged to do things you never thought were possible. Your manager and team members will enable you, invest in you, celebrate your successes, and help you pick yourself up from your failures. And it will all be worth it, because you'll see the unforgettable impact you make on your customers.

Cons

I sometimes wish I could perfect the product in some areas before focusing on another opportunity, but I realize I can provide more value to our customers by delivering in those other important areas.

Advice to Management

I was immediately drawn to ServiceTitan because of the impressive product, team, and founders, but also because of what I think are the most inspiring core values I've come across: change lives, achieve the extraordinary, be a great team. This is what we're all here for, and we really have to ask ourselves if a couple of our employees are still a good fit for these values, or if they're just here to rain on everyone's parade to get attention.

"THE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

As others have said, this is the most brilliant group of people I've worked with. The company is full of smart people who care deeply about their customers and colleagues. It starts at the top with genuine and inspiring leaders who have attracted top notch managers. Even more so I find myself surrounded by awe-inspiring individuals at every level of the organization who collaborate to accomplish impressive feats. Our product is hands-down life changing for customers. It's rewarding to be thanked and hear how I've changed someone's life every time I finish onboarding a new customer. My manager is very hard working, passionate and helpful. So are people in my department as well as in other departments. It's exciting to be part of a company that is growing quickly and expanding into many opportunities. It's clear this company will be a giant success and the next big thing, but what's even more special are the people, the product and the impact.

Cons

A handful of entitled early employees have recently become a distraction to the company. They try to make themselves important, relevant and visible by making senseless comments that have little validity and waste our time. It's clear to colleagues that they are the same small group that has banded together on here recently to post a few negative reviews. They're unhappy because they don't get much attention anymore because they're being out-shined by countless others who work very hard and produce impressive results for the company. Other early employees are some of the most hard working, humble, intelligent and helpful colleagues I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Don't let that small group distract the company. The leaders should continue to recognize people based on results, not based on how long employees have been here. It would be nice if they could spend a little more time on this side of the building. And hold all hands more frequently so we could hear more updates directly from them.

"Do you enjoy complacency?"

Former Employee - Many Hats
    Former Employee - Many Hats

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are going to find amazing people here. Incredible individuals flock to other incredible people, I guess. You will build strong work relationships and genuine friendships. You will learn from one another, teach others, share skills, advocate and defend those who've shed so much blood, sweat, and tears to build a great product/company. And many of these people are good, humble people. That's one of the most jaw-dropping things - coming into work and realizing "holy f**k these people are incredibly gifted, and they want to work alongside me!"

Because there is such a vast majority of good people, you will have opportunity for a lot of great collaboration and moments of pure, unadulterated teamwork where you're building something you believe in/will be immensely proud of. Surrounding yourself with like-minded, ambitious, brilliant innovators helps you create better work, so you will feel accomplished at least once during your tenure at ServiceTitan, I promise it.

Cons

We don't have values, literally. We have a company mission, but we don't have values yet, which was an afterthought when I first started and was pushing 60+ hours a week trying to keep things afloat. If you want to work at ServiceTitan, I'd really recommend asking about the company values, mission, and culture, and to really gauge if they align with your own. As stated in the pros, the people are amazing. They are incomparable, but that can only take you so far. If you don't believe in the company and its mission and its values, you will be stuck in limbo, and you will grow complacent. Read Goethe's Faust and discover that complacency is NOT a good thing.

The company is complacent in their approach to the core product, to the treatment of women in the office (including hiring ratio, lack of women managers, lack of women on senior leadership team, etc.), to the insane amount of power we allow our customers to hold, to the recognition of the underdogs of the company (essentially, if you're not the one directly bringing in the $$$, you might be forgotten).

I understand Sales helps make the world go round (or at least provide us with a paycheck), but Sales shouldn't be the only focus. There are a lot of other people, teams, factors that go into making the company successful that frankly Sales doesn't hold a candle to.

Advice to Management

Widen your focus. You don't have to be the loudest person in the room doing 100 cartwheels while performing open heart surgery to be the most extraordinary employee at the company (though yes, that does sound pretty damn impressive). There are many people with untapped talent and potential who you have to actively listen to and encourage. You're missing out on a lot if you keep awarding whoever speaks the loudest (or sells the most).

And treat the women right. Encourage them, empower them, understand them. Be active. Stop being silent. Stop sitting out on the sidelines and waiting for the right time to speak up. If you see something you want to change, then change it.