ServiceTitan "free lunch" Reviews | Glassdoor

ServiceTitan Employee Reviews about "free lunch"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Why I left ServiceTitan"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

ServiceTitan receives 2 stars purely for the amazing people it has hired. The best parts of ServiceTitan were the new hire orientation, free lunch and generous health benefits.

Cons

As many previous reviews have stated, ServiceTitan is a boys’ club. If you want to be successful you will need to be in the club. ServiceTitan is not a merit-based company. Your ability to grow favor with key players will determine your standing.

Women have little say at ServiceTitan. Almost all of the managers are male. The only female executive is in HR. HR is ineffective and lacks the ability to respond and correct issues within the company.

Leadership is far removed from day-to-day operations yet make all decisions for the company. Despite what is advertised, ServiceTitan is not transparent. Leadership is sneaky and quick to throw people under the bus. The company also does a poor job of offering coaching and professional development.

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring good, experienced leaders. Diversify leadership. Let them make the changes they feel are necessary to make. Make less decisions in closed off conference rooms. Spend more time participating in your teams. Stop spraying people with champagne.

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have been working hard to diversity our leadership team with now three female executives on the team. We also have been... More

"I worked for ServiceTitan full time"

I worked at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

Free lunch
    Good benefits
    Open work culture
    Engineering team is very flexible and nice people

Cons

Too much favoritism
    Few people think they are the core people running the company
    Undefined processes. The HR team has no idea how things are done. Nor do they care how things should be done. If anything goes wrong and you need help of HR people, you would never be able to find a solution. HR teams are meant to support the employees so that they can concentrate on their work but in ServiceTitan its the opposite. If you need some help from HR, you will just be going round and round in loops.

Advice to Management

Set some processes for the benefit of employees. The management should learn how HR team should be constructed and how things should be done as it is the source of information and problem solving for all employees.

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you so much for your feedback. Since this review, we launched our Titan People Network that has policies that are comprehensive for all of our HR processes not limited to employee policies... More

"Great Place to Work !"

Current Employee - Account Implementation Specialist in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Account Implementation Specialist in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, teamwork, and comradery within the staff
    Face-paced environment
    Management listens to input and ideas
    Little to no unnecessary "corporate" rules and regulations
    Free lunch everyday!
    The list goes on, the biggest Pro is undoubtedly the staff.

Cons

Can't think of any. (Assuming you don't mind being productive when you're at work, not a great place for lazy people..)

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback!

"Payments Account Exec"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, free lunch, free benefits for employees only

Much potential

Cons

None at the moment, i need to leave 5 words

Advice to Management

Add contributing 401k and we are all set!

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback!

"Nothing short of extraordinary"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

Growth opportunities, talented yet fun coworkers, free lunches, passionate and compassionate leaders.

Cons

Unclear career path since we were a smaller company back then. Now that it's more established, there are clearer career objectives and paths.

Mar 22, 2018 – VP of People

Thank you for your feedback! Regarding career paths, we are actually working on them as we speak for Q2 and Q3. We have developed a backend infrastructure and can't wait to roll them out in coming... More

"Management"

Current Employee - Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are free lunches every day, good PTO, flexible work hours.

Cons

Poor management, managers that yell and treat others badly, many culture issues, lack of clear company direction.

Advice to Management

Please don't support staff that treat others poorly which in turns reduces company morale.

"Immensely Satisfying, But Some Concerns"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, I absolutely love my job. I've never worked on a team so dedicated to doing the best possible job they can do, and that is truly inspiring. In addition to that, being able to truly affect the direction this company and product are going is extremely gratifying.

Also, when customers are happy and share their stories with the company, that makes everything worth it. Providing a service that can improve and change lives is so fulfilling.

The people in ServiceTitan are amazing individuals. I have made so many friends with coworkers which I didn't think was possible!

The free lunch and snacks are always welcome, too!

Cons

We keep selling a product based on features that are coming down the pipeline when there are core functionalities that are quickly becoming dealbreakers for even the smallest customers. While I understand we can't be stagnant, we're constantly trying to fix things that should be super stable by now (reports, accounting, KPIs, etc.).

My biggest concern currently is how removed leadership has become with the issues that are bothering their employees. Our CEO is too focused on sales (this is a very common sentiment) and the common consensus I've heard is we're selling too aggressively. This direction is affecting not only our employee happiness/work-life balance, but it's affecting the customer experience overall.

It would be nice to have slightly more competitive compensation compared to the industry and 401(k) matching of some kind.

Lastly, the office is pretty messy consistently. Furniture gets moved and not put back, ping pong balls litter the offices and floors, stains on the fridges, etc. It'd be nice if the office was actually taken care of (the office staff does do so much to pick up after others, but there's only so much they can do on their own).

If we can improve the product in the areas that need focus, and leadership can reconnect with the rest of the company and realize the actual challenges we're facing, then I think things can get better.

Advice to Management

1. Don't lose focus on where you came from. Your employees are your most valuable assets and if they are telling you things aren't great, then please listen to them rather than feel they aren't trying their hardest. If things don't get better, I foresee a lot of good employees leaving in the next year.

2. Devote resources to making the product better than ever, and don't assume everything is perfect with it because it has some pretty glaring gaps.

"Updated Review One Year Later"

Current Employee - CX Team Member
    Current Employee - CX Team Member

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and collaborative work environment, supportive coworkers and casual vibes. Free lunch daily, insurance is covered, new computers, and there are some managers that really kick butt and take their team into consideration. People really do work hard here and want to build an excellent product to help our customers.

It can be an incredibly fun and inspirational place to work. We love our customers. We love our teammates. We seek meaning in the work we do. You can potentially learn and grow so much here if you chose to.

PORTOS for all hands!

Cons

There is a growing divide between departments within the company. There are some people who come to work, give it their all, and quietly go unrecognized while some other people come in, make a big loud fuss about their accomplishments and basically suck up to the right people until they are recognized. Unfortunately, it seems only the latter group is rewarded for their work.

The product is not where it needs to be, and it is certainly not at the level that it's being sold at. There needs to be recognition of this gap and an acknowledgement that we can not keep selling a product that doesn't exist. It only makes the lives of those who have to deal with these broken promises that much harder.

There is clear nepotism and bias at the company. If you went to Stanford, are related somehow to the CEO, or are in a certain boy's club, your life is set at ServiceTitan. Some of the sales practices and tactics are not sound. It doesn't reflect the vision of achieving the extraordinary, if we are being sketchy to do it.

Advice to Management

Have integrity in all that you do. Be the company you say you are, or just don't say those things to your employees. Hold yourselves accountable. People are watching you closely. Be humble. Check in with your employees. Look at teams who are closely bonded. Then look at their managers. That will explain it all. If you want to succeed, pour into your employees. Stand up for what is right, even when it may not mean that it's the most profitable at the moment.

"The opportunities are endless!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Quickly growing company with new departments and management positions being created monthly.
    - Passionate, kind, mellow people working towards a common goal
    - No political weirdness, no stepping on fellow employees to get where you want to go
    - Founders who are in it to win it for all the right reasons
    - Great, casual office environment with tons of snacks and free lunch daily (good stuff, too)

Cons

- When you grow as quickly as we are there are things that slip through the cracks. Communication and product gaps, can't keep up with staffing needs, etc. We've already improved a lot in the past year and it continues to get even better.
    - Currently a little low on female employees and leadership but we are working hard to change that.
    - Very challenging and fast moving which is not for everyone.
    - Not the lowest paying in the industry but certainly not the highest either!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - hire diverse and experienced leadership, be present in the office more than in the field, all the things I can see happening around me daily.

"Quality People, Great Perks"

I have been working at ServiceTitan full-time

Pros

* Talented people in every department
    * Fast growth
    * Opportunities for promotion
    * Great health insurance
    * Free lunches and snacks

Cons

* Promoted values don't always align with reality
    * We are maturing in our processes; still a number of growing pains
    * Sr. leadership is often siloed from the team at large