Servpro Industries Reviews in Gallatin, TN | Glassdoor

3.9
Servpro Industries CEO Sue Steen
Sue Steen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great People and opportunity for growth (in 9 reviews)

• Family owned and operated, caring environment, hard work is rewarded (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but very challenging (in 16 reviews)

• Too much turnover due to low pay (in 13 reviews)

1. "Servpro"

Current Employee - Mitigation Technician in Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Mitigation Technician in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at Servpro Industries (More than 3 years)

Pros

People and customers and pets
    Busy
    Pay
    Trucks
    Dogs
    Fun
    Vans
    Customers pets

Cons

Hours
    Labor intensive
    On call
    Customer
    Vans

"Franchise Business Consultant"

Former Employee - Franchise Business Consultant in Gallatin, TN
    Former Employee - Franchise Business Consultant in Gallatin, TN

I worked at Servpro Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Profitable Franchisor which is mainly kept by the owners.

Cons

Company owners don't care about their employees unless you are making them money. They are money hungry and willing to screw employees and Franchisees in order to enrich themselves. They generally don't talk to employees and think 15% growth can be perpetually obtained by franchises and their royalty payments. They also create new fees to penalize their own franchisees so the owners can make more money. These people are the most greedy people I've ever seen. They also don't trust their employees. Very poor leadership which is passed down throughout the organization. Don't work for this company and don't recommend being a franchisee either.

Advice to Management

Take down your picture with John Maxwell. You violate all of his rules for effective leadership.

"Not a career"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Gallatin, TN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Gallatin, TN

I worked at Servpro Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, awesome staff, nice variety in the day to day tasks.

Cons

Long hours for little pay, at the mercy of the owner of the franchise.

Advice to Management

Be a part of the jobs more than just blaming the PM or technicians for problems. A lot of moving parts, different personalities in customers are a recipe for problems to arise. The job is damage control most of the time yet it doesn't seem like damage is expected what so ever.

"GET RID OF HIM!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN

Pros

Good pay. Unfortunately that's the only good thing I can say about working there.

Cons

Some managers do not need to be in a manager position! He will treat you awful cause he knows he can get by with it since he's been there forever. It does ZERO good to go to HR; it actally makes things worse.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at turnover and you will see that some people should not be department managers! An average of 1 person a year says a lot!

5. "Worthy of Consideration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN

Pros

Provides a lot of perks for health and wellness for employees. Seems to demonstrate a genuine concern for employees. Employees are valued. Clear focus on what the business offers.

Cons

A little too conservative. Can major in minors for some things. Communication could be better.

Advice to Management

It's okay to mix things up a bit!

6. "Positive Work Environment"

Current Employee - Field Trainer in Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Field Trainer in Gallatin, TN

Pros

Not too much pressure and everyone leaves their drama at home. Overall, a good work environment.

Cons

Sometimes, assignments or tasks take forever to get done due to all the red tape.

Advice to Management

Nothing really. Servpro is extremely successful with employees that have incredible tenure. Keep doing what you're doing!

"A good experience so far."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at Servpro Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and salary. Great coworkers. Strong brand. Meaningful work. Corporate employees receive really thorough training on the franchise system/experience, which is helpful. Surprised by how much I enjoy it so far, because I didn't think I would enjoy the corporate environment as much as I do.

Cons

Very conservative, old-school corporate culture. Also, quite a few departments seem to have some unhealthy competition and politics going on, when it would be so much easier for them to work together. Some departments need to improve communication with each other.

Advice to Management

We understand that it's a conservative corporate environment, but it would be good to remind some of your employees that not everyone comes from the same straight, white, conservative, middle-class background, so they shouldn't assume that everyone thinks/believes the same way that they do.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at Servpro Industries full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of benefits to working at SERVPRO. I think we have an awesome development team under Kenny Pyatt, great work-life balance and plenty of opportunities for advancement. I have been promoted 3 times since joining.

Cons

SERVPRO is financially frugal, so not every request is fulfilled. On the other side of the coin that frugality means that I havent seen any layoffs and the IS department has nearly tripled in size. You are given the tools you need to succeed.

Advice to Management

It would be really appreciated if we could relax the dress code to allow jeans for individuals that typically do not have face to face interaction with the Franchise community.

"Love !My Job"

I have been working at Servpro Industries full-time

Pros

Family owned and operated, caring environment, hard work is rewarded. Great benefits for a small-sized business, stable company and industry.

Cons

Growing pains, a little slow to take operations and management to current standards, too much watching the pennies while major dollars fly out the window.

Advice to Management

Be open to change that will make the franchisor the employer of choice in Middle Tennessee. Get out of the weeds a little and trust the management team you have put into place.

"It's OK"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at Servpro Industries (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, work from home option

Cons

Very stressful work environment and work more than 50 hrs a week

Servpro Industries Response

Jun 17, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. Yes, we are proud of our competitive pay and benefits program, and the ability to offer some of our IT and other departments' employees a "work from home" option. As a... More