Servus Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Garth Warner

"Working for Servus."

Current Employee - Undisclosed
    Current Employee - Undisclosed

I have been working at Servus Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Supportive of high performers and very community minded. Definitely want to always do the right thing.

Cons

Slow to change and a very traditional mindset in regards to new ways of doing things.

Advice to Management

I think looking at middle management and determining how to realign their values to those of the organization would be a good first step in improving working conditions.

2. "IT former employee"

Pros

It's a small company so you feel like you know everyone. It's a great place to work, the job is interesting and the CIO is really friendly and approachable. They have great benefits as well. I loved working there!

Cons

The rules for working from home are a bit inconsistent. Some people have laptops and can work from home when they need, while other have desktops and need to take a day off even if they would be able to work from home.

May 23, 2017 – Human Resources Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad you found Servus to be a great place to work. Servus recognizes that Flexible Work Arrangements can provide better life/work balance ... More

3. "member service representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Pros

good benefits for employees in general

Cons

not so dynamic environment to grow and develop career

5. "Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager

Pros

Servus Credit Union is truly a great place to work and I feel fortunate to be a part of it. Cooperative principles have ingrained an empowering, community minded, and fulfilling corporate culture that makes you feel a part of the family.

Cons

Banking software is outdated which can limit the services offered.

May 9, 2017 – Human Resources Assistant

Thank you taking time to leave a review. We're glad you've embraced the cooperative principles that set us apart and feel part of the family!

6. "Member Service Represetative"

I have been working at Servus Credit Union part-time

Pros

great career development, benefits, and organization culture

Cons

Too many senior employee in one organization. They should provide or have mandatory advance training for long term employees to ensure they are not obsoleted.

Advice to Management

Although employee loyalty is important for an organization, but the expectation toward senior employee should based on not only years of service but also contribution and efficiency.

Apr 4, 2017 – Administrative Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad you are enjoying our staff benefit program and corporate culture. We aim to develop and grow our staff at all levels through various ... More

7. "Glad Im Out"

I have been working at Servus Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Its a job and pays the bills

Cons

-Poor management at my branch

Apr 4, 2017 – Administrative Assistant

Thank you for leaving us a review. We're sorry that you felt your branch was managed poorly and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about this. Your former HR department is available ... More

"Servus is an Awesome Place to Work!"

I have been working at Servus Credit Union full-time

Pros

Servus is a company that is people focused. Our leaders genuinely look out for their employees, provide opportunities for growth when possible, strive to provide enabling work, provide the necessary resources to get the job done and look for feedback in order to improve. As an employee, I feel that my opinions matter. I may not receive an audience with our CEO, but my managers value my ideas and take them into consideration when making decisions. This feeling of empowerment drives me to do my best work every day.

Cons

As Servus is located in Alberta only, there is not a widespread presence in Canada. Our technology meets the standards but is not innovative.

Advice to Management

As long as Servus remembers that it is our staff that is more important than profit margins, employees will remain engaged and we will attract more people.

Dec 8, 2016

Servus also has awesome employee groups that you can join that give you an opportunity to sit with our CEO Garth Warner. For example, the President's Advisory Council is a group of 18 highly engaged ... More

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Advisor

Pros

Your voice is truly heard. Servus has many committees and programs to join to be involved with the direction of the company, as well to expand your network. Internal job growth is priority, you may have to start at an entry level position but progression can be extremely quick if you show what you are made of! Employees also have the freedom to do succession planning into other roles over their career. Servus is truly invested in their people.

Cons

Technology can be a pain point but there is great growth in this area as Servus grows.

Apr 4, 2017 – Administrative Assistant

Thanks for the positive review! We also feel your pain in regards to technology, but we're working hard to stay as up to date as possible. We love giving our staff plenty of options to get involved ... More

10. "Good place to work."

I have been working at Servus Credit Union full-time

Pros

Good work life balance and benefits. Working for an Alberta based and cooperative company is very nice, ability to meet most executives and the board is a benefit. Pay is average same with bonus program. Community involvement is awesome as well as profit sharing.

Cons

Progression, development and career planning has some room for improvement. . Some managers can be in positions too long and keep talent down.

Advice to Management

Focus on internal employee development and career planning! Servus has a lot of talent that can be developed.

Apr 4, 2017 – Administrative Assistant

Thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review about Servus. We'd like to let you know that we are soon launching a new tool called The Bridge, that will help with career planning and ... More

11. "Solid company who cares about employees"

I have been working at Servus Credit Union full-time

Pros

They definitely want employees to be happy, and really work hard and try do their best by staff. They have excellent benefits, and the pay seems quite good compared to other jobs in similar industries.

Cons

Senior leadership is very, very traditional and that's led to a company that is slow to change and almost never innovates. Everything happens slow here, and if you have a great idea that will change the world you'll want to take that to another company because it won't happen here. The technology is 10 years behind most companies.

Advice to Management

Focus more on excellence and innovation than protecting old employees who have been around forever.

May 10, 2017 – Chief Brand, Digital Banking and CSR Officer

Thanks for this post. You are right that it has taken some time to harmonize our systems yet we are now focused on introducing agility, innovation and differentiated technology to add value to our ... More