Setai South Beach Reviews | Glassdoor

Setai South Beach General Manager Alex Furrer
Alex Furrer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "great spirit"

Pros

guest satisfaction is guaranteed, and very good collaboration between departments.

Cons

inexperienced leadership, they are focus on the company's present and current budget while ignoring important aspect future development.

"Beautiful property with some questionable practices"

Former Employee - Massage Therapist
    Former Employee - Massage Therapist

I worked at Setai South Beach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Each room is a stunning double suite with private onyx tub, steam shower, view of the pool and beach and equipped for full service.

Cons

When hired service providers are told the pay is %20 plus tip.
     The bill is presented like this:
    $180 massage
    $36 service charge (%20)
    _____ tip
    $216 total
     Then guests are told "twenty percent is already added for your therapist". So most people just sign the bill and don't tip at all. They can add an additional amount but they cannot remove or lessen the service charge.

Advice to Management

Be honest to guests about the pay structure! If this is how things are done here then own it. Tell them "the service charge is the therapists base pay, gratuity is not included". Otherwise pay commission on the total instead of adding it as a service charge and misrepresenting it as gratuity - charge the total on one line but raise the price so the total stays the same! This will allow guests to decide whether or not to tip and how much without confusion.

"Accounting department"

I worked at Setai South Beach full-time

Pros

Good compensation, decent benefits, minimal corporate bureaucracy, ability to carry out duties with minimal corporate involvement. Great meals in the restaurants.

Cons

Very high turnover, poor reputation due to prior management company. Initial accounting systems & processes poorly set up resulting in frustrating conditions.

Advice to Management

I would like to think everything has been reevaluated and new processes have been implemented by now.

"The most luxurious hotel with awful management!"

Former Employee - Head Department in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Head Department in Miami, FL

I worked at Setai South Beach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You may ask what's is mean "the most luxurious hotel with awful management" used to have great management and new kids with no experience been a manager and made horrible place to work. Nakash family has no idea how to run luxury place even they live there 10 years. But l don't blame them a lot. they hired so many new managers they are kind and they messed up everything. Basically who they trusted they made a more mess then anyone

Cons

Locker rooms, cafeteria and offices in crossing the street. Worst employees meal very dirty! and smells. 1 service elevator for 120 units condos. 2 hours of your shift just for waiting elevator. Hotel side elevator may out of order over weeks. l seen a month! when you selling cheapest room $700.00 a night your elevator is out! no equipment,no vision so much wasting money.

Advice to Management

Nothing they can do much because owner doesn't allow them to do it. at least make a good food for staff. it's shame to see mess in cafeteria

5. "Front Desk Agent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Setai South Beach full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great clientele base. Beautiful environment to work in. Nice management team.

Cons

Parking can be a problem as no designated employee parking available, but that's the norm in this area for all hotels. employee locker room and cafeteria is one block away from hotel, so it is not easy to walk in between when it's raining.

"Employee"

Pros

They give you full benefits.

Cons

management is awful and has no idea what they're doing. Too much gossip. Worst year of employment. Run Forrest run.

"Run!!!! Don't Walk"

Former Employee - Room Attendant in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Room Attendant in Miami Beach, FL

Pros

The view on the condominium Tower side is spectacular. Your positive team will motivate you to do your best and perform your best ; Stay close to them and keep your distance from negative demeanor from upper management. Very high turn over since The Nakash company took over. So yeah they will hire anyone at this point.

Cons

New management (Nakash) doesn't know how to operate a luxury hotel. Very high turn over. Doesn't Embrace Employees. Cut hours when slow and will work you to death when busy. Your input your opinion you as an individual does not matter to them. The Nakash sole concern is to make money from the millionare, billionaire guest that checks in. All the departments such as housekeeping, engineer, food and beverage complain that since this new company took over they don't have enough supplies and constantly running out of supplies. Very stressful environment. No encouragement from upper management instead most will put you down because of mistakes you've missed. You are program to be essentially a Robot.

Advice to Management

Staff strongly desires a sense of positivity within this work place. In the beginning I was hire late 2013 the start of busy season. I worked to my full potential to satisfy my guest. Recognizing them by their names, catering to their special requests, in a fast sufficient manner. I was even placed in positions where I had to rectify complaint made by guest. I knew that my position wouldn't be a life long career however I wanted to give my very best as a Room attendant. Guest appreciate that. With all the changes made recently and before my departure at The Setai guest asked me about the changes made at the hotel. My response was " Hopefully for the Better" Nakash please recognize and embrace your employees because you are currently loosing many great one.

8. "Expectations are high; results are rewarding"

I worked at Setai South Beach full-time

Pros

The level of guest service is unparalleled; superseding it would be nearly impossible.

Cons

At times even the most experienced and weathered hospitality professionals can be challenged in this environment.

Advice to Management

Great work

"The worse management operation i ever seem"

Pros

Good money(when it's busy). Very quite job, no crazy South Beach environment.

Cons

Management operation is awful. The segregation inside the hotel is unbelievable.

Advice to Management

Try to teach their employees what is a team work.

"Line cook"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Miami, FL

I worked at Setai South Beach full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Restaurant tries to impress with Asian decor & open exhibition kitchen.

Cons

F&B management scream at employes; equipment often breaks down; & kitchen is dirty. Food is horrid.

Advice to Management

Treat employes with respect; listen to their ideas; eliminate racism in your attitudes.