KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Healthcare

2d

a

Registered Nurse

Looking for ideas for a slight "career change". I can't stand working bedside/acute care nursing anymore, officially burnt out. Does anyone have any experience with informatics based nursing jobs, or clinical documentation specialist positions? EMR auditing? Remote jobs? Pros/cons? Do you find there are part time positions available? I don't have my masters just my BSN/RB, nor do I plan on going back for my masters, would possibly consider a certification if really necessary.

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people and lots of fun time being out on the town(in 58 reviews)
  • "The clients are great and coworkers are a lot of fun(in 40 reviews)
  • "Many of the staff are friendly(in 32 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule and minimal requirements for services given(in 32 reviews)
  • "It is a flexible hours position and you get to meet a very diverse group of clients.(in 28 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay and no raises makes it hard for employees to stay.(in 135 reviews)
  • "management is poor.. they only care about $$$$.. not what is important.(in 124 reviews)
  • "The people who do the direct work are paid little to nothing and the benefits are poor.(in 57 reviews)
  • "This is due in part to upper management.(in 47 reviews)
  • "Pay is a set base with no raises (some houses pay more than others & pay is increased with advancement)(in 47 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sevita and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Don't apply here; run the other way; you can do so much better

Aug 14, 2022 -  in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the clients is rewarding. They are all part of my family

Cons

Low pay, no support from supervisors. Not all employees are treated the same.(Some can take a month off to go to another country, while others cannot get a weekend off)

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

SO SO

Aug 12, 2022 - Direct Support Professional (DSP) in Sauk Rapids, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and decent supervisor.

Cons

High Behaviors house, got hit a lot.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Low employee moral

Aug 11, 2022 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with marginalized populations that need support is rewarding and exciting. Seeing progress over time is rewarding.

Cons

No long term employee incentive, expensive health care, unimpressive pay, low oversight from the company which does not appear to be responsive to employee concerns. 1/2 time is payed for working over 40 hours. No professional development days or adequate training.

Sevita Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience at Sevita. We actively seek ways to better communicate with our employees and are focused on developing training programs to help our managers provide the information their teams need.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Work

Aug 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, rewarding job, Christmas gifts

Cons

Over worked, no employees, don’t let you take vacation when you want, management doesn’t support employees

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Innovative Employer

Aug 10, 2022 - Program Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sevita is an innovative human service employer with multiple platforms to make the job easy for employees and to advance services for the people we support daily.

Cons

New learning platform training and rollout time are usually not coordinated well to give employees a comfortable edge to operate the system.