KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sevita

Engaged Employer

Sevita

Add a Review

Sevita Employee Reviews about "hour"

Updated Aug 17, 2022

Found 21 of over 1,561 reviews

Sevita CEO William McKinney
William McKinney

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people and lots of fun time being out on the town(in 59 reviews)
  • "The clients are great and coworkers are a lot of fun(in 42 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling and getting into the company is easy!(in 31 reviews)
  • "Many of the staff are friendly(in 30 reviews)
  • "It is a flexible hours position and you get to meet a very diverse group of clients.(in 29 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay and no raises makes it hard for employees to stay.(in 132 reviews)
  • "management is poor.. they only care about $$$$.. not what is important.(in 123 reviews)
  • "Health benefits are expensive for all levels and few options to chose from.(in 57 reviews)
  • "Pay is a set base with no raises (some houses pay more than others & pay is increased with advancement)(in 48 reviews)
  • "The turnover rate is overwhelming because upper management is rude and let the little fish do all the work for less $ while management does less and get’s paid more.(in 47 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sevita and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "hour"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Low budget company

Jan 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job security, hours, training, but that's pretty much all I can honestly say.

Cons

Some of the clients are very disrespectful, so is management, and they pay $9.00 an hour and they try to work you to death. They are cheap and they are liars!!!!

3 people found this review helpful

Sevita Response

Employee Experience Team

Thank you for your commitment to those we serve in your employment of over five years with us – that is so meaningful to the individuals in our programs, to see the same staff on a consistent basis. We are sorry to see you leave. We’d encourage you to provide more details to our Hotline – since you have left this review as Anonymous, we don’t know what state or Operating Group where you worked, and we’d like to address the concerns you’ve highlighted in your review. We advocate for increased payrates on an ongoing basis with the governmental and private funders for our services, but sadly, the Human Services field, as a whole, is undervalued. We know how critical a role our Direct Care employees play in providing the supports and services to individuals, and we will continue with our advocacy efforts as we are committed to helping improve payrates for our employees. We are disappointed to hear you think you’ve received anything but truthfulness in your interactions with us but without more detail it is difficult to try to properly respond to your comment. We can only reassure you that we take these reviews seriously, and that we strive to treat both those we serve and our employees with respect.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Over worked

Apr 3, 2017 - Program Coordinator in Akron, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the individuals served was the best part of my job.

Cons

I was rushed through the two-week training so they could hurry up and get me started. I was a part of opening a brand new home and was the only staff they bothered to hire before starting 24 hour care. I worked 80-90 hours a week to fill the schedule, and my supervisor helped as much as he could but they gave him two other new houses during the course of a few months. They found another Program Coordinator who was available to help me staff the house, however she would call off for 50% of her shifts and was reluctant to follow the schedule of outings or the menu. When I quit, I gave a 4-week notice, only to find that they waited until the 4th week to look for a replacement. A few months after I left, I drove by the house to find none other but my previous supervisors car alone in the driveway-- I can only assume he continues to work in the understaffed home on a regular basis, receiving no overtime compensation.

10 people found this review helpful

Sevita Response

Employee Experience Team

We’re disappointed to hear that you were overwhelmed with the workload of a newly opened home. Please rest assured that whenever we open a new home, our intention is to be fully staffed. As with other human services organizations, we face staffing challenges. We continuously work on strategies to attract and retain the right talent, which can be increasingly challenging in a competitive employment market. Thank you for giving a lengthy notice period; our Operations and HR team works diligently to fill positions with quality candidates. As a mission-based organization, our focus is on providing innovative, quality services and supports to the people we serve, and we could not do that without each of our employees. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we value hearing employee feedback. We are disappointed to know we’ve lost you as an employee, but we wish you well in your future endeavors.

3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Private Equity Toxic Environment Lost Values

Mar 15, 2013 - Direct Service Professional in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Once upon a time this company was about service. Today, profit and growth at all costs. Read online the Hoovers and public filings.....6 figure bonuses to senior management constantly and us as direct care make $9.00 an hour. The people we serve is the only good thing about working here.

Cons

The entire experience is negative except for the wonderful people we serve who deserve so much more than we provide.

3 people found this review helpful