KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sevita

Engaged Employer

Sevita

Add a Review

Sevita Employee Reviews about "no raises"

Updated Nov 18, 2021

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people and lots of fun time being out on the town(in 58 reviews)
  • "The clients are great and coworkers are a lot of fun(in 41 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling and getting into the company is easy!(in 37 reviews)
  • "Many of the staff are friendly(in 32 reviews)
  • "It is a flexible hours position and you get to meet a very diverse group of clients.(in 28 reviews)
Cons
  • "High job expectations with low pay for entry and mid level employee.(in 135 reviews)
  • "management is poor.. they only care about $$$$.. not what is important.(in 125 reviews)
  • "Benefits are horrible(in 57 reviews)
  • "Pay is a set base with no raises (some houses pay more than others & pay is increased with advancement)(in 49 reviews)
  • "Upper management was cliquish, sometimes unprofessional and inexperienced.(in 45 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sevita and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no raises"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Employer

Jun 12, 2016 - Direct Support Professional in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Often have flexible work schedules/various shifts with occasional opportunities to pick up more shifts -Good training is provided -Fairly easy work -Advancement opportunities available

Cons

-Some houses lack good communication -Pay is a set base with no raises (some houses pay more than others & pay is increased with advancement)

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was great working with this company as it felt small.

Dec 9, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff and coworkers. Excellent environment. Positive attitudes with patients and staff.

Cons

No annual raises. Executives did not care to give appropriate raises to employees thus translating to poor work ethic/enthusiasm. Employees did not feel valued at work because of raises that were promised but not given respectively.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Middle Manager

Feb 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like working with people, the direct care roles can be very rewarding. Wages are comparable to other like jobs in the field. If you are hardworking and dependable, you can move up quickly, even without a college degree.

Cons

Poor benefits and no annual raises. Many areas struggle with staffing due to high turnover which, leads to long hours. Salaried employees also suffer from poor work/life balance due to the hectic nature of the business.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Money hungry

Nov 29, 2016 - DSP in Rochester, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the clients and seeing them grow and learn was really the only good part about this being at this job.

Cons

The company only cares about money, not their employees or their clients. They will hire anyone just to be able to say they have someone in the houses. Employees sit around doing nothing but there is no discipline at all and good employees end up picking up the slack. They don't pay well and won't give raises unless the state gives a raise. They are also extremely disorganized and unprofessional. I tried to work for this company in another location but I showed up to the interview and they clearly did not want me there as I was ignored for over an hour. Would never recommend this company to anyone. I feel bad for the clients whose services are through here.

2 people found this review helpful

Sevita Response

Employee Experience Team

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and sharing your rewarding experience supporting the individuals we are privileged to serve. We do strive to ensure our employees have both a personally and professionally rewarding experience with us and are disappointed to learn we have fallen short from your perspective. We wish you well in your next career opportunity.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Company with an amazing mission

Mar 18, 2019 - Program Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helping children that have suffered trauma due to abuse/neglect and separation of their family of origin.

Cons

Hours can be