KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sevita

Engaged Employer

Sevita

Add a Review

Sevita Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Jun 21, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people and lots of fun time being out on the town(in 59 reviews)
  • "The clients are great and coworkers are a lot of fun(in 41 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling and getting into the company is easy!(in 35 reviews)
  • "Many of the staff are friendly(in 34 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and lots of hours available.(in 27 reviews)
Cons
  • "High job expectations with low pay for entry and mid level employee.(in 132 reviews)
  • "management is poor.. they only care about $$$$.. not what is important.(in 125 reviews)
  • "There is no benefit for long term employees they make the same as new employees.(in 56 reviews)
  • "Pay is a set base with no raises (some houses pay more than others & pay is increased with advancement)(in 47 reviews)
  • "Upper management was cliquish, sometimes unprofessional and inexperienced.(in 45 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sevita and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Loved my residents, didn't love the management.

Mar 20, 2014 - Direct Support Professional
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a fun relaxed environment and felt like I was spending the day at home with friends or family. The staff were all fun to work with and when you found people you worked well with it could be an enjoyable experience. I loved the time I got to spend with the residents of the home watching movies, playing games, playing outside, and going out into the community.

Cons

There was no support from the management. They were looking at the money and not the safety of the residents or employees. We were not supported with problems going on in the home with out residents but instead given quick fixes to problems that would not go away. The management spent very little time in the home so they did not know what the problems their staff was facing. There was a lack of communication often and things would be changed each time I would come for a shift. The inconsistency was not good for our residents. The job could be great at times but at others extremely difficult and we did not get paid enough for the stress and difficulty of this job.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Leadership

Jun 20, 2019 - Program Support Coordinator in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company had great potential and the relationships built there were second to none.

Cons

Not really competitive in pay and most of the higher up positions were held by people of none color.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, horrible pay.

Jul 28, 2016 - Direct Support Professional in Madelia, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The consumers and coworker's are amazing. It's nice to know you make a difference in someone's life. You get to go on fun activities and engage in their daily lives!

Cons

We do not get paid enough for the work we do. And good luck ever getting an annual raise, we don't get that either! We hardly ever get appreciation from the boss and they overlook all the hard work that we do. People who work in office and sit at a desk get paid more than we do! It's just not fair at all!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It's awful.

Oct 10, 2021 - Program Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can work a million hours a week if you want to, because they can't keep staff.

Cons

Uses people up and throws them away while paying fast food wages and benefits that are impossible to afford on the wage they pay. Ungodly hours.

Be the first to find this review helpful