KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sevita

Engaged Employer

Sevita

Add a Review

Sevita Employee Reviews about "raise"

Updated Jul 1, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people and lots of fun time being out on the town(in 63 reviews)
  • "The clients are great and coworkers are a lot of fun(in 42 reviews)
  • "Great staff and management/Fulfilling work(in 34 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule and some staff are caring towards the clients but not all.(in 30 reviews)
  • "It is a flexible hours position and you get to meet a very diverse group of clients.(in 28 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay and no raises makes it hard for employees to stay.(in 132 reviews)
  • "management is poor.. they only care about $$$$.. not what is important.(in 124 reviews)
  • "Benefits are terrible and you are overworked and not properly compensated(in 62 reviews)
  • "Pay is a set base with no raises (some houses pay more than others & pay is increased with advancement)(in 47 reviews)
  • "Upper management was cliquish, sometimes unprofessional and inexperienced.(in 46 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sevita and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "raise"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place for experience but little opportunity for growth

Apr 28, 2022 - Therapist in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you’re lucky to be blessed with a strong team in whichever setting you’re in, the job is wonderful. You’ll gain tons of valuable experience in the clinical field, as it is certainly with a challenging population at the group home level. While difficult, it will push you outside of your comfort zone and give you chances to develop as a clinician. Lots of flexibility for decent salary (recent large pay raise) and free clinical supervision if you are seeking licensure.

Cons

Once you receive your licensure, there isn’t much more room for professional growth. Very minimal supervision from your higher ups, who sometimes gives you contradicting information on how to proceed with an issue. Lack of consistency and communication is prominent throughout the company. Minimal staff appreciation, no bonuses or yearly/quarterly raises if you’re salary based, and very little work/life balance if you don’t learn how to allocate your time. Lack of training as well for new employees. Health benefits are terrible - very high deductible plans that make seeing the doctor unaffordable at times.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Money hungry

Nov 29, 2016 - DSP in Rochester, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the clients and seeing them grow and learn was really the only good part about this being at this job.

Cons

The company only cares about money, not their employees or their clients. They will hire anyone just to be able to say they have someone in the houses. Employees sit around doing nothing but there is no discipline at all and good employees end up picking up the slack. They don't pay well and won't give raises unless the state gives a raise. They are also extremely disorganized and unprofessional. I tried to work for this company in another location but I showed up to the interview and they clearly did not want me there as I was ignored for over an hour. Would never recommend this company to anyone. I feel bad for the clients whose services are through here.

2 people found this review helpful

Sevita Response

Employee Experience Team

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and sharing your rewarding experience supporting the individuals we are privileged to serve. We do strive to ensure our employees have both a personally and professionally rewarding experience with us and are disappointed to learn we have fallen short from your perspective. We wish you well in your next career opportunity.

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Expect to be lied to... a lot.

Jan 24, 2016 - DSP in Appleton, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to help people, that is the great reward. Down time to study if you need it.

Cons

You will never get a raise and they constantly hire new employees at lower and lower pay. Most things in the hiring brochure are false - no actual benefits. Poor communication within company.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Over worked under payed

Jun 6, 2022 - Cash Receipt and Client Funds Specialist in Chattanooga, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

At leastI have a job

Cons

No raise in 4 years

5. 2.0