KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Sevita

Engaged Employer

Sevita

Add a Review

Sevita Employee Reviews about "staff"

Updated Jun 21, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people and lots of fun time being out on the town(in 57 reviews)
  • "The clients are great and coworkers are a lot of fun(in 39 reviews)
  • "Flexible scheduling and getting into the company is easy!(in 33 reviews)
  • "Great staff and management/Fulfilling work(in 32 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and lots of hours available.(in 31 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay and no raises makes it hard for employees to stay.(in 134 reviews)
  • "management is poor.. they only care about $$$$.. not what is important.(in 125 reviews)
  • "Benefits are terrible and you are overworked and not properly compensated(in 59 reviews)
  • "This is due in part to upper management.(in 47 reviews)
  • "Pay is a set base with no raises (some houses pay more than others & pay is increased with advancement)(in 46 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sevita and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "staff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

"Disappointing"

Jul 6, 2014 - DSP in Klamath Falls, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the people we serve, their families and dedicated DSP make going to work a wonderful experience.

Cons

The company has a wonderful mission statement that would impress anyone that had never heard of them. Those of us that have know this to be untrue. Management will hire anyone and 'weed out those not suited for the work' later which puts a huge burden on the other staff and also jeopardizes the health and safety of the people we serve. Upper management promotes people to lower management positions that are grossly under qualified so they do not have to pay a reasonable wage. Staff concerns are ignored and going up the chain of command is frowned upon internally.

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do Not Work Here!!

Oct 20, 2017 - LST in Blacksburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helping individuals rehabilitate from brain injuries.

Cons

The management staff is highly inappropriate and shows favoritism. I have heard members of the management team make fun of the participants to their face thinking they didn't understand and when it was reported to higher management, nothing was done. I know staff members have shown up to work under the influence of drugs and nothing was done. I have seen multiple people receive promotions that have only been an employee for a couple of months because they were friends with management over individuals whom had worked there for years. The management team also parties and drinks with the 'favorite staff' at the bars and at their house. I have never worked in such an unprofessional environment in my life! I suffered through the inequalities and the unprofessionalism because I became very invested in the participants but I had to ultimately quit because of the stress of the environment.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

HORRIBLE Place to work for!

Sep 11, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The disabled people. They are the only reason I stayed. These disabled people become to rely on you and eventually actually feel like family to you. I miss that about the job, and that is the only thing I miss!

Cons

Employees that have substance abuse issues and there are no drug tests done. Management is HORRIBLE!! Their bottom line is saving the company money so their bonuses are larger! They don't have a care in the world about the clients nor the dedicated staff! Some staff have been abusive but the upper management tend to down play it or not report it at all! I would NOT work there NOR would I put my loved one in there! Stay clear!

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor company culture.

Nov 17, 2020 - Program Director in Grand Rapids, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Client interaction, schedule flexibility, and insurance package.

Cons

Long work hours, lack of management support, and poor internal work culture. Poor company culture in Grand Rapids; high turnover of leadership staff due to mismanagement. Many problems with internal records, outdated policies and procedures, lack of reimbursement from insurance companies for services rendered, and poor clinical treatment goal supervision. There is a significant disconnect between corporate expectations and local employee's, causing distrust for new and existing management staff. Respect and inclusivity are not a priority for the Grand Rapids location, unfortunately. Day to day responsibilities included supervising, hiring, & training staff, management of the budget, risk management, etc.

1 person found this review helpful

Sevita Response

Internal Communications Coordinator

Dear Former Employee, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are disheartened that you felt that management and company culture was poor. We aim to create an environment that reflects our values of building caring partnerships with the people we serve and our employees to earn each other’s trust. Please know our leadership is aware of your feedback and hope to use it to better our operations and ourselves as an employer. If you have any further concerns about your previous work environment, we encourage you to call our Compliance Hotline at 1-800-297-8043. We wish you the best on your future endeavors. Sincerely, The Employee Engagement Team

5. 1.0