Shango Premium Cannabis Reviews | Glassdoor

Shango Premium Cannabis Reviews

Updated Feb 5, 2018

Found 6 reviews

1.9

"Great people, very relaxed, but still a retail job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Shango Premium Cannabis

Pros

If you like cannabis, you are in the right place. This company is poised to take the industry by storm and are happy to have you right there with them.

Cons

The day to day can get boring. Even though you are working with marijuana, it is still very much a retail job. This is especially true since they are a serious company looking to put a clean, professional face on the cannabis industry. So really, not a huge con. But, if you get bored easily and can't deal with excessive downtime on slow days, this is not for you. HOWEVER, since I have been here, business has steadily...

Shango Premium Cannabis2015-03-08
  2. "Pirates at the gate"

Former Employee - Cultivator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Shango Premium Cannabis full-time for more than a year

Pros

they did spend some money on their flowering pump and curing rooms

Cons

Hired at 15 hr worked 2 weeks was told i was hired at 12. quickly transfered to cultivation and 6 moths later I got the 15. 1 or 2 months later benefits were cut approx $3 and hour. Shango came in str8 away and ran off hand picked A1++ grow team poured synthetic nutrients and peroxide on what was organic cannabis. bate and swiched job promotions which were actually pay cuts. Within 3-4 months all the staff except 2...

Advice to Management

If this is how you treat family ("we're all one big family here at shango" so here is your pay cut but we can buy new cars for our executives) I'd hate to be your neighbors

Shango Premium Cannabis2018-02-05

"Terrible "weed""

Current Employee - Customer

I have been working at Shango Premium Cannabis for more than a year

Pros

They overcharge for really bad weed, making you look like a con artist.

Cons

You probably make really good money for being a con artist.

Advice to Management

Stop calling your leaf shake "genuine shango flower" and put the real product in the display jars instead of putting dank weed in the display jars to imply that's what the customer is getting and then putting trim in the bag. Can it with your bait-and-switch bull, you amoral bunch of thieves.

Shango Premium Cannabis2017-08-19
  4. "A good college job, but not a career."

Former Employee - Guardener in Portland, OR

I worked at Shango Premium Cannabis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and have excellent senior gardeners who are willing to teach anyone who will listen and learn. Low level management encourages creativity and for individuals to share their opinions and ideas openly.

Cons

The company has little interest in employee retention since there are so many people interested in the career. As a result it feels more like the kind of pay and environment of a high school job in that it is temporary and the company doesn't provide adequate compensation or room for growth in order to make a career out of it.

Advice to Management

Investing in your employees and trying to retain them would result in gardeners who are more familiar with Shango growing practices and result in increased productivity in the long run.

Shango Premium Cannabis2017-04-26
  5. "Horrible Medical Cannabis Producer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Shango Premium Cannabis full-time

Pros

May be an OK place to break into the cannabis industry experience wise, but one should get out ASAP.

Cons

Adversarial managers, isolation between departments, questionable discrimination, very poor product quality, unsafe work environment, no structure, wage and benefit decreases, severe lack of communication.

Shango Premium Cannabis2017-01-02
  6. "Patient Service Specialist"

Current Employee - Patient Service Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Shango Premium Cannabis

Pros

Booming Industry with promise to move up quickly to supervisor positions. Good experience at managing retail.

Cons

On your feet for long periods of time. A lot of downtime. Quick employee turnover.

Shango Premium Cannabis2015-09-26