Shapiro, Fishman & Gache Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.1
Ilene Cooper

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Not too bad for a foreclosure Mill"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney

I have been working at Shapiro, Fishman & Gache full-time

Pros

Work hours are truly 40 per week. Fellow attorneys and staff are good people for the most part. The company does try in some ways to promote morale, like a Christmas party and annual picnic.

Cons

No room for growth whatsoever. You will not learn much as an attorney that you can take with you for a better job. Middle management is pretty terrible.

Advice to Management

Attorney's are intelligent people who can offer a lot to improve work environment and bottom line, ask them what they think! Attorney rotation among all departments to promote learning. An additional 5 days of PTO (monotonous=burnout) Standing desks to promote good health.

2. "Horrible Management"

I worked at Shapiro, Fishman & Gache full-time

Pros

None. Nothing good about this coimpany

Cons

Micro Management/Poor Pay. Immature coworker

Advice to Management

Stop Favortism

"Most "Unprofessional" Co. Award"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant

I worked at Shapiro, Fishman & Gache full-time

Pros

No Pros - You'll have higher chances of being valued & respected by a fast food company than working here.. By far the worst demoralizing job with no recognition for hard work.. This is a windmill, not to be confused with the way an ethical lawfirm should be ran!!!!

Cons

Fresh out of college, middle school minded clique of "plastic" gossipy mean girls with low self esteem who are constantly threatened by your success!! You forbid employees of their constitutional rights of their freedom of speech.. How un-educated & ignorant can you get? Lastly, No room for professional or personal growth!!!

Advice to Management

Hire Competent Experienced Professionals that "actually know" how to manage & delegate to their employees with respect & dignity!!! Don't wonder why you have such a high turn over rate & your entire company is unhappy!!!

"Stay Away!"

Pros

You get a pay check..that's pretty much it.

Cons

I went through a staffing agency and I should have noticed the red flags from the start. The recruiter told me, "There's a lot of young women, so just stay out of the gossip and you'll be fine." Well, there weren't only young women, but I mean girls in their early 20's managing the entire place. It was quite amazing seeing all of the cleavage and tiny skirts in management. You are only valued by the amount of work you generate. That's it. It didn't matter how many barriers I had to meeting their "numbers". The team lead that I was supposed to report to had never even done my particular job before, yet I was told to only direct my questions to her. She sat in the cubical right next to me. Sometimes I would peek my head over to ask a quick yes or no question. I was then told to send her an invite for an appointment on outlook whenever I had a question!!! So I couldn't just ask a quick question and move on with my work. I had to "schedule an appointment." Stupid! One day, after a team meeting, I was called into an office by the floor manager who said to me, "During the team meeting this morning, the team lead said you looked at her funny." I WAS IN SHOCK!!!!! Is this middle school or a law firm? On another occasion, I over heard a new co-worker asking our team lead a question. The team lead responded with the incorrect answer, so I politely gave her the correct answer. Why send this girl off with the wrong information, which will cause her to do something wrong in her work? Well, I was also called into an office about that. Shortly after, HR called me into another office and the supervisor said, "We think you'd be happier somewhere else." It was an awful experience. I felt like I was in the movie Mean Girls. Not to mention that what they expect from you is impossible. They want you to pump out a certain number of documents each day, but take up all of your time with other meaningless tasks. Just stay away from this place.

Advice to Management

Get new management.

"Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Tampa, FL

Pros

It's a paycheck and doesn't look half bad on a resume.

Cons

It's a miserable environment, especially if you work in the bankruptcy department where the manager emits negative energy all day long, watches you and criticizes you constantly. You may have a chance of surviving there if you are a fake person that likes to constantly kiss butt and have very low career aspirations. Do not expect respect or recognition. No talking allowed. Do not expect a reciprocal smile from the VP when you pass her in the hall and beware of HR. If you're looking for professionalism, do not work there.

Advice to Management

Replace current management with competent professionals.

6. "Good Company to work for but very little job security"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Shapiro, Fishman & Gache full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company with a national network to provide stability of the overall firm

Cons

Little job security in the ever fluctuating foreclosure market.

7. "Good Law Firm"

Pros

This was a good law firm

Cons

Slightly undercompensated and wishing that I was given more money after I had been there for two years. At that point, I think they did not value my knowledge.

Advice to Management

Do not lose your heart

"Okay Company"

I worked at Shapiro, Fishman & Gache full-time

Pros

Got along with most staff. Received a bonus.

Cons

Strict HR policies - no cell phones, little internet access. Lots of menial tasks which become dull overtime.

Advice to Management

Hire more qualified staff and trim out the weeds. Loosen some of the HR policies - we are all adults here, not high school kids.

"not a positive work experience"

Former Employee - Bankruptcy Paralegal in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Bankruptcy Paralegal in Tampa, FL

I worked at Shapiro, Fishman & Gache full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The non managerial people in my team, including the attorneys, were all extremely nice and very hard working.

Cons

Nobody there liked their job, they all worked long hours, not out of joy, but out of fear not to lose their job. A lot of layoffs and new hiring, 0 job stability. It felt like a sweatshop, where the employees are definitely not valued: one comes, another one goes.

Advice to Management

Your employees are really hard workers. Treat them as your most important assets.

"Great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Court Runner in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Court Runner in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Shapiro, Fishman & Gache full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company that gives back whatever you put into your job. The rewards are there for hard work!

Cons

It can be difficult to get a clear directive sometimes.