KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with lots of potential

Aug 23, 2021 - Software Engineer in Budapest
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people working there are smart and want to improve/learn, so it's an ideal environment for high-achievers There is a low hierarchy (you can talk with the ceo anytime for example) Very decent salary in Hungary The company is always looking for ways to make their employees' life better/easier

Cons

Develops only a single application, so you might get bored There is some, but not a lot of room for switching positions/teams (it is taken into account what an employee would like to work on, but this might be overridden by company priorities) You might feel pressured to work overtime, as this seems to be part of the company culture to a certain extent (although there is no forced overtime even during releases)

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Ambition, exceptional talents and potential to grow with the company

Jul 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Budapest
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can learn something new every day from talented colleagues who are not just experts in their field but a great inspiration too. As we work together on reinventing the CAD industry many challenges arise every day that we need to solve together. Therefore there is no similar days, no boring task. I am proud to be part of this team.

Cons

Many things are ad-hoc so it's hard to plan well in advance. But I guess that is normal for a scale-up company. (And I know that we are working on this already.)

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team, great product

Aug 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- smart and humble people - awesome product - one can have a relatively big impact on company performance

Cons

- some growing pains as the company scales

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome product, high focus on quality & disruption, curious & passionate people

Sep 2, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Budapest
    Business Outlook

Pros

Early start-up looking to disrupt a very complex and niche industry. This comes with a flat hierarchy, a lot of autonomy and room to make an impact, high quality standards, and complex puzzles (or green field projects), to sort out. A very well funded organization, an internationally awarded and strong traction product already (with only more to come), and a team holding curiosity, learning and users at their core. So probably the best time to join in the life-span of an organization, and if up to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century by building an iconic, world-class product.

Cons

Organization and product address a very niche industry. This comes with a need & focus on low level, deep understanding of things which requires long onboarding time no matter what the team you work in. Growing crazy fast with 2X headcount growth within the past 6 months. Hence striving to find the right balance in between speed <> growth <> scalable processes & culture. But this is a very good challenge to have I guess :)

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Awesome Product, World-class Engineering

Oct 11, 2020 - Software Engineer in Budapest
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm working at Shapr3D for almost a year and I really enjoy being part of this awesome team. The first time I tried the product I was blown away by the quality of it and by how intuitive it is – even for non-3D experts like myself. As Software Engineer one of the things I love the most is the demand for high quality software / system design and the workflow how we start off a new project. The company culture is also superb and the management always emphasises the importance of building a great company culture – and it's about real values and not about bs. One of these values is pragmatism. We aim for delivering high quality product in every area and every team and it's pretty important to make our decisions based on facts and not based on theoretical stuff.

Cons

The company is in a high growth in every sense – which is a pretty good thing! – and this means that a lot of things are in constant change and some processes are just shaping up.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome & fun product, ambitious goals

Oct 22, 2020 - Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Inspiring vision - disrupting something so massive as the CAD design industry! - Solid SaaS growth numbers - it's not your average venture-funded startup but something that I think could sustain itself as a business even without further rounds. - Loving the product itself, it's great to work at a place where UX and engineering quality is held to a high regard and is supported (demanded) by senior management. - Tech debt is taken seriously, maintenance work is regularly prioritized to keep things in reasonably good shape. - Company in early stages, lots of opportunity to have impact on how fundamental processes are formed (engineering, hiring, line management, company culture etc.). This might be subjective - for me this is highly positive.

Cons

Can't list major cons. The only thing that comes to mind is that there still could be ways to improve the remote work experience given the current situation (WFH due to COVID). However, it's actively being looked at so I have an overall positive outlook on that.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very ambitious people building lovable product that takes the industry to its next level

Sep 14, 2020 - Software Engineer, Backend in Budapest
    Business Outlook

Pros

- absolute dedication to top-notch user experience - top-grade engineering with very deep understanding about the fields they operate in - CEO is available, transparent, cares deeply about tech, organisational values and that people understand the business the company operates in - believable management with meaningful stretch goals, yet plenty of ties to reality - data drives a lot of decisions

Cons

- everything is important at this stage, requires a lot of work and effort to figure out what should be actually worked on - one must acquire a deep understanding about the mechanics of the app and the business to provide good value to its supporting backend services - no layered cake, one has to be able to operate outside her own comfort zone

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

This is not a cookie-cutter iOS app

Nov 7, 2020 - Software Engineer in Budapest
    Business Outlook

Pros

Shapr3D is not a cookie-cutter iPad app where you'll spend your time configuring lists and text fields, or debating for weeks what color the submit button should be on the login screen... Since joining Shapr3D I had the pleasure to work on truly challenging engineering problems in 3D geometry, rendering, and computer-aided design. Working on a complex, and high-performing native app was a breath of fresh air in a world of low-effort Web crap. If you want something more than writing the same types of apps over and over again using the next fashionable framework, then Shapr3D can be a great place!

Cons

The bar is very high, so it's easy to get impostor syndrome.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast growing startup with a groundbreaking product, a very talented but young team.

Nov 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing opportunity, exciting vision, smart people, lot to learn and discover, decent salary.

Cons

Nothing I could think of. Covid and remote work combined with such growth is by definition a handicapped situation, which is definitely not helpful from a company culture pov. Let's see how it evolves afterwards!

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Growth culture, most interesting company in CAD and Hungary

Nov 9, 2020 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Unique product to work on - Lot of projects, you cannot be bored - Amazing growth - New office is on way (the plans are really nice) - Helpful culture

Cons

- Working remote in a product focused company is not ideal, but this is just temporary - Some of us has work/life balance issues, but that is because the employees care about the company success. There is no pressure from the management to do that.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews

Shapr3D Reviews FAQs

93% of Shapr3D employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shapr3D 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Shapr3D to be senior leadership, management, culture and the cons to be benefits, work life balance.