SharkNinja Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Mark Rosenzweig

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work was fast paced and innovative (in 16 reviews)

• Shark Ninja pays at or slightly above market rate (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance in any group (in 18 reviews)

• No work/life balance permitted if you wish to succeed here (in 7 reviews)

"Retail Execution Specialist"

Pros

young and great people to work with

Cons

revolving door, people always coming and going

"Outlook used to be promising but has changed with the Private Investor."

Former Employee - Director in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Newton, MA

I worked at SharkNinja full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There used to be so many promising things about SharkNinja. The future looked bright and promising......afterall I put up with all the turmoil. All the challenges.. All the talented people leaving and being replaced with new gifted individuals.

When I look back on all the time I spent at SharkNinja the only pros I can really think of are the gifted people I had the pleasure to work with.

Cons

I was a fullfilled associate for a long period. I did my job and was recognized for it. I was given ample career opportunities and I took full advantage of them and I know that what I learned in my time there I will utilize for the rest of my career. That isn’t enough though when you think of it. Leadership is woefully unprepared to do what needs to happen to maintain a long term sustainable company. Yes there are some who go above and beyond (Lorraine, Brian and Dan I’m speaking of you) to push for consistent strategic execution but even they reach their limits when no one else Has the experience to do what needs to happen. This company got cocky. They thought that people would buy whatever they had no matter what and then they got hit last holiday season with a RUDE awakening. They lost a lot of money due to poor foresight and horrible strategic thinking. They weren’t interested in long term growth and were not prepared to hold long term growth. This organization is built to work on the next new shiny object and move on. They are NO DIFFERENT than a Nutri-Bullet or an Insta-Pot just that they don’t do it as well. Then add in the Private Equity Firm and that opens up an entirely new area of questions. Per news announcements supposedly Mark and Mark will maintain a “significant” stake of equity (define significant) and supposedly current leadership will maintain day to day control of the organization. The question is, for how long? How long before the PE (CDH) sees that those in leadership are woefully inexperienced in leading a billion dollar business? How long before new leadership is imposed who will then maintain the day to day operations? A lot of the current employees saw the writing and the poorly executed communications about the purchase that they chose to move on. Why as a potential candidate would you want to consider this as a place of employment ? Money isn’t everything my friends. Sustainable success drives job security. Sustainable success doesn’t require an influx of cash from a Private Equity and sustainable success doesn’t cause many well experienced fantastic people to leave. Think about that before accepting an offer here. You might not be fullfilled at your current employer and I can understand the need to look. Just know you won’t be fullfilled at SharkNinja either.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Too many times did I listen and buy into the Leadership Qualities you had us focus on just to see senior and executive leadership balk at the idea that they had to be held to the same accountable principles. Shame on you all.

"Run away quickly"

Pros

Pay is slightly above average and employees overall are very smart. You can also get free product which is nice.

Cons

Ask them about poor reviews on Glassdoor. They will tell you the reviews are from bitter employees who were subpar. They will also say a lot of the reviews are lies and from the same people. HR is clearly prepped on how to handle bad reviews. I wish I didn’t feed into the nonsense they fed me during the interview process.

No amount of money is worth the headache this place will give you. Employees are completely overworked, management is disrespectful and you will burn out within a matter of months. I promise the risk is not worth the reward.

Just don’t do it.

"Team Processor"

I worked at SharkNinja full-time

Pros

Good Environment and great work

Cons

Alot of drama , people get in everyones businesses

Advice to Management

Keep Managing How it is

"Awesome but not for the faint of heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I have been working at SharkNinja full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the products and the fast-paced/innovative environment that brings variety or change, to me it keeps everything more exciting. I really enjoy working here due to this. There are aggressive timelines while maintaining the highest quality so there are some late days in the office, but I also have no problems leaving earlier on days so I do not miss my kids activities. It is balanced with how much time in the office and if I leave early I just finish my work in the evening if needed. It can be easy to work 24/7 if you do not make the balance work.

I have met some really bright and passionate people here. We work hard but we find time to make it fun. It probably varies a little by department. I love the free breakfast on Friday's and endless free coffee (many varieties) in the kitchens. The gym is the largest I have seen for a corporate gym, but I have not used it yet. Benefits are also the best I have experienced anywhere (medical coverage is fantastic). One more thing, it is a casual dress work environment... even the CEO and President will wear jeans.

Cons

The PTO policy should and needs to be stronger whereas the rest of the benefits are top notch.

Advice to Management

Increased communication. Leadership should hold more town hall meetings to keep all associates up to date, especially on new product launches. Increase our PTO to be competitive.

"Total Disaster"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

I worked at SharkNinja full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive Salary and new office space.

Cons

Culture, Hours, Management. What a nightmare. Don't expect to have a long career here - you will most likely leave within 6 months or get laid off as they churn through associates incredibly fast. You never have a sense of security at this organization which probably explains why there is no career development. I've never seen such a talentless management team in my entire career. Be smart - walk away.

Advice to Management

If you are interested in retaining top talent, you need to develop some plans to support their career growth.

"Business Process Analyst"

I worked at SharkNinja full-time

Pros

Can't think of anything at the moment.

Cons

Everyone at this company is willing to stab you in the back to get ahead.
    People will spend extra hours after work pretending to be busy just to kiss butt, when in reality the work is not that challenging and supervisors don't understand what you're doing anyway.
    Using your vacation days is frowned upon, and you are expected to work from no matter where you are, and 90% of employees are required to travel.

Advice to Management

The Old boys club is getting old.

"ENG"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at SharkNinja full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None - They pay above market average to help with the abuse

Cons

Hell on Earth - very little else to say. The Marketing team is empowered to abuse people. Toxic, Abusive, nothing healthy about this place. It's worth investigating.

Advice to Management

Please quit and leave leadership to actual leaders

9. "Dir -IT"

Former Employee - IT Director in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - IT Director in Newton, MA

I worked at SharkNinja full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people supported by upper management

Cons

Long hours overlapping interests slowed progress

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing it works

"Approach with Extreme Caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I worked at SharkNinja full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative environment, decent benefits, great new office. Good products, and innovative thinkers from diverse backgrounds.

Cons

Top-down management that doesn't even begin practice what they preach. Lot of miscommunication and literal dissemination from senior management. Absolutely no work-life balance, and laughably incompetent HR staff. Burn 'em an churn 'em mentality.

Advice to Management

Seriously guys - get yourselves together and realize that your senior management is playing games with your company's future. Time to shape up and start actually looking at whether or not your management team can truly inspire and abide by your stated success qualities. They are great qualities, but they so seldom adhered to. Maybe time to take a good, hard introspective look at yourselves and your organization's moral foundation. You might know there's a problem when the common reply (from everyone) to, "how's it going?" is always a super-sarcastic "living the dream". Gets super lame, super quick.