SharkNinja Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Mark Rosenzweig

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work was fast paced and innovative (in 17 reviews)

• Shark Ninja pays at or slightly above market rate (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance in any group (in 19 reviews)

• No work/life balance permitted if you wish to succeed here (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great for entrepreneurial types"

Current Employee - Director in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Needham, MA

I have been working at SharkNinja (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced environment with a lot of opportunities for advancement. Really talented co-workers.

Cons

The pace of work can be exhausting.

"Total Boys' Club"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Needham, MA

I have been working at SharkNinja (More than a year)

Pros

good health insurance; that's about it.

Cons

The work I was hired to do never materialized, so I was regulated to little scraps here and there. Then, a new assignment came along, but it was only assigned to an ;elite' group (of men) was selected to work on this. My boss was in this group, left without even saying goodbye to me.

He didn't contact me for six months. He told me 'to just sit there and look busy'. So I used to sit at my cube all day, getting scraps of work. The day I came back from surgery, I got laid off.

Advice to Management

I hope these new partners push you guys right out the door.

"Chaotic"

I have been working at SharkNinja full-time

Pros

Product innovation and talented employees

Cons

Structure and systems are lacking defined process and procedures

4. "Ninja Internship"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in Newton, MA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineering Co-Op in Newton, MA

I have been working at SharkNinja full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay, several opportunities for creative side projects

Cons

not very good work life balance, final decisions seemed to be more at the whim of upper management

"Retail Execution Specialist"

Pros

young and great people to work with

Cons

revolving door, people always coming and going

"Not worth it"

I worked at SharkNinja full-time

Pros

Free breakfast Fridays, subsidized vending machines, and you're given a lot of responsibility. Also, free products.

Cons

You'll be in pointless/redundant meetings all day arguing about the best way to arrange the slide deck for weekly exec reviews. Literally you will have the same meeting >4 times before "primetime" with the Marks. You'll meet as a team to discuss your slides, then a director will walk in and ask to see it all from the beginning, then you'll make adjustments as a team, then you'll meet with the VPs to go through the deck, then you'll make changes, then you'll discuss it as a team, then you'll meet with the directors, and then you'll meet with the Marks and likely won't even get to your slides. Your boss and your boss's boss are just trying to look good in front of the Marks. It's ridiculous. My boss has sat down with me reformatting my slides and changing all of my words.

Everyone is held to one narrow standard of being rude and confrontational. If you're not, they will force you to be or let you go. Every meeting is filled with a constant battle between marketing, quality, and engineering. It's not collaborative, but rather everyone is trying to get their way for sake of pride and to prove they're right.
    People will constantly be trash talking behind others' backs. Countless times I've heard my teammates talk about how stupid someone is or how much they hate someone else.

There's an issue with people not really listening and trying to push their own agendas. I've made suggestions to the team and been yelled or laughed at because they thought it was dumb. That's no way to foster a creative environment. That same idea that I was yelled at for? One of the Marks brought it up in a meeting and all of a sudden everyone was on board and changing plans to agree with him.

No appreciation for the work you or others put in. As you make your way down your endless to-do list you won't get a "thanks" or anything from your boss, but rather a "why didn't you do everything else?" Remember what I said about the endless meetings? Well the only way you can actually do your work is by staying late or working at home at night and on the weekends.

Love the mission of positively impacting people's lives every day in every home around the world, but when it comes by negatively impacting SharkNinja employees' lives every day it doesn't seem worth it.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your employees. Provide actual training to help new employees to have a sense of what to do instead of throwing them in the fire. Stop the endless meetings and let go of egos.

"Outlook used to be promising but has changed with the Private Investor."

Former Employee - Director in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Newton, MA

I worked at SharkNinja full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There used to be so many promising things about SharkNinja. The future looked bright and promising......afterall I put up with all the turmoil. All the challenges.. All the talented people leaving and being replaced with new gifted individuals.

When I look back on all the time I spent at SharkNinja the only pros I can really think of are the gifted people I had the pleasure to work with.

Cons

I was a fullfilled associate for a long period. I did my job and was recognized for it. I was given ample career opportunities and I took full advantage of them and I know that what I learned in my time there I will utilize for the rest of my career. That isn’t enough though when you think of it. Leadership is woefully unprepared to do what needs to happen to maintain a long term sustainable company. Yes there are some who go above and beyond (Lorraine, Brian and Dan I’m speaking of you) to push for consistent strategic execution but even they reach their limits when no one else Has the experience to do what needs to happen. This company got cocky. They thought that people would buy whatever they had no matter what and then they got hit last holiday season with a RUDE awakening. They lost a lot of money due to poor foresight and horrible strategic thinking. They weren’t interested in long term growth and were not prepared to hold long term growth. This organization is built to work on the next new shiny object and move on. They are NO DIFFERENT than a Nutri-Bullet or an Insta-Pot just that they don’t do it as well. Then add in the Private Equity Firm and that opens up an entirely new area of questions. Per news announcements supposedly Mark and Mark will maintain a “significant” stake of equity (define significant) and supposedly current leadership will maintain day to day control of the organization. The question is, for how long? How long before the PE (CDH) sees that those in leadership are woefully inexperienced in leading a billion dollar business? How long before new leadership is imposed who will then maintain the day to day operations? A lot of the current employees saw the writing and the poorly executed communications about the purchase that they chose to move on. Why as a potential candidate would you want to consider this as a place of employment ? Money isn’t everything my friends. Sustainable success drives job security. Sustainable success doesn’t require an influx of cash from a Private Equity and sustainable success doesn’t cause many well experienced fantastic people to leave. Think about that before accepting an offer here. You might not be fullfilled at your current employer and I can understand the need to look. Just know you won’t be fullfilled at SharkNinja either.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Too many times did I listen and buy into the Leadership Qualities you had us focus on just to see senior and executive leadership balk at the idea that they had to be held to the same accountable principles. Shame on you all.

"Run away quickly"

Pros

Pay is slightly above average and employees overall are very smart. You can also get free product which is nice.

Cons

Ask them about poor reviews on Glassdoor. They will tell you the reviews are from bitter employees who were subpar. They will also say a lot of the reviews are lies and from the same people. HR is clearly prepped on how to handle bad reviews. I wish I didn’t feed into the nonsense they fed me during the interview process.

No amount of money is worth the headache this place will give you. Employees are completely overworked, management is disrespectful and you will burn out within a matter of months. I promise the risk is not worth the reward.

Just don’t do it.

"Team Processor"

I worked at SharkNinja full-time

Pros

Good Environment and great work

Cons

Alot of drama , people get in everyones businesses

Advice to Management

Keep Managing How it is

"Awesome but not for the faint of heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

I have been working at SharkNinja full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the products and the fast-paced/innovative environment that brings variety or change, to me it keeps everything more exciting. I really enjoy working here due to this. There are aggressive timelines while maintaining the highest quality so there are some late days in the office, but I also have no problems leaving earlier on days so I do not miss my kids activities. It is balanced with how much time in the office and if I leave early I just finish my work in the evening if needed. It can be easy to work 24/7 if you do not make the balance work.

I have met some really bright and passionate people here. We work hard but we find time to make it fun. It probably varies a little by department. I love the free breakfast on Friday's and endless free coffee (many varieties) in the kitchens. The gym is the largest I have seen for a corporate gym, but I have not used it yet. Benefits are also the best I have experienced anywhere (medical coverage is fantastic). One more thing, it is a casual dress work environment... even the CEO and President will wear jeans.

Cons

The PTO policy should and needs to be stronger whereas the rest of the benefits are top notch.

Advice to Management

Increased communication. Leadership should hold more town hall meetings to keep all associates up to date, especially on new product launches. Increase our PTO to be competitive.