Sharp HealthCare Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Sharp HealthCare CEO Chris Howard
Chris Howard
0 Rating
  1. "Good Company to work for , can be wasteful"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Listen to employees, feel well protected here. Good culture and descent benefits.

Cons

Management is often out out touch in the IT world. There's people here that are managers and clearly shouldn't be, they've just been here for 20+ years and cannot keep up with the technology. The experience in IT varies greatly due to the managers. You'll see some very happy departments and some departments with constant turnover.

Sharp HealthCare2020-01-07
  2. "Great place to work when you're settled down in life"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, good work-life balance and good job security.

Cons

The career growth is slower than competitors.

Sharp HealthCare2019-09-01
  3. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Support Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great supervisors leads, management, team and benefits.

Cons

Having a mandatory fluff meeting every year during an incredibly busy work period.

Sharp HealthCare2019-05-13
  4. "Poor leadership (specific only to IS, cannot speak to other areas)"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Option to work from home, hourly wages ensure compensation for on call hours worked. Reputable company name, good for a resume.

Cons

Leadership is so out of touch with the day to day responsibilities of analysts. Decisions are made that make little to no sense, no real justification provided to try and understand reasons of decisions. Due to the timing/communication of said decisions, we are not given the tools to provide adequate customer service to our clients. General frame of mind is to “wing it” which is unacceptable in a health care environment. Feedback is encouraged but it falls on deaf ears. While we are hourly, and are compensated for on call hours, we routinely have overtime requests denied. Many you speak to will tell you that they put in OT hours that are unpaid due to their workloads and due dates, they have no other choice. Would be nice if the “Sharp Experience” they advertise so heavily was practiced within this department.

Advice to Management

Bring in analysts when making job impacting decisions and listen to their thoughts and suggestions. Don’t invite them in as a courtesy, actually LISTEN to them. Try and engage in their day to day so you have an actual sense of what is going on, don’t just assume based off of timesheet numbers.

Sharp HealthCare2018-03-29

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Competitive Benefits ($0 in healthcare costs, decent 401K options) -PTO is decent, although you are blasted for trying to use it and I saw people's PTO requests get denied even though they were asking for 1 day off

Cons

This place is a sinking ship. Virtually no training, no gratitude, and no hopes for promotion. I graduated from a top school and worked in healthcare for 5+ years and the company refused to let me move into an alternate path that could have furthered my professional development. I did everything - talked to HR, applied online, tried to meet with management, and drafted a formal letter. Nothing. And this was after a year. Management is severely under qualified for this job. It also began becoming the expectation to work weekends when the transition to a new software system fell behind due to blatant management oversight/lack of appropriate planning.

Advice to Management

I've tried to recommend so many things via so many avenues. At this point, good luck

Sharp HealthCare2018-02-13
  6. "Good Company But Management Is Causing Talent To Leave"

Former Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sharp provides a good benefits package. The pay is also good (you must negotiate well in the beginning and start high). Overall nice co-workers and people, including upper management, are approachable. Telecommuting options started being offered in certain departments. Sharp did address pay concerns in 2016 by giving increased raises to non-union employees and changing the pay and raise structure for nurses.

Cons

As others have stated, the department and management team will determine your “Sharp Experience”. High turnover was commonplace in my department. Of a team of approximately 25 people at least ten resigned, not including another 5 to 6 temps were hired and released, during my tenure. This created a need to hire temps at a rate of sometimes $90 per hour in order to complete projects. It also meant reducing hiring standards to fill positions. Management refused to approve training requests claiming the covered subject matter did not relate to my current position, which was untrue. Working from home required a document to be filled out on top of clocking in and out each day, sending the team an email whenever you planned to be away from your desk for an extended period of time, documenting your daily hours, and another monthly document were you described your accomplishments. Team members gossiped about one another and passed around social media photos. Rules were not enforced equitably.

Advice to Management

Create a mechanism to track attrition rates and the average tenure on a team. Management should be questioned on the numbers. Three people leaving in the span of one month should spark red flags. This has been mentioned in previous “Ask Mike” emails as well.

Sharp HealthCare2017-12-29
  7. "A Really Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company really cares about employees

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

Continue to keep it up

Sharp HealthCare2017-07-25
  8. "Clinical Appeals Claims Analyst"

Current Employee - Appeals Analyst

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large respected company, Good Benefits,

Cons

Minimal advancement opportunities for current employees

Advice to Management

Provide growth opportunities for long term employees, prepare them for the next step.

Sharp HealthCare2017-07-26

"OK place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supports telecommuting Competitive salary Up to date software Training offerings, e.g. free six sigma Stable career Solid processes

Cons

Timekeeping...as others pointed out, timekeeping is a PAIN. You can't leave early and make up the time in that week. You have to work 8 hours a day. Period (or take PTO if you leave early). I have never seen a company with this strict of a system. Parking at HQ (Spectrum) is horrible. Often have to park in the Red Zones. No overflow or street parking. If there is no parking, work in the car or Starbucks? IT is spread over 3 buildings, each 10 min away. Can be painful and kind of a rush going between meetings and buildings. Lots of office politics Slow to change due to time people have been with the company (many 20-30 years etc) VPN very slow for telecommuters. To the point it is hindering productivity.

Advice to Management

Stop this version of timekeeping. Too much time and effort is spent on this as it also rolls up into the performance review. Would like to spend more brain power on work. Build and nurture the teams

Sharp HealthCare2017-07-19
  10. "Sharp is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays well Solid middle management Great Culture Good career growth opportunities Solid benefits Great CEO Offers alternative work weeks Offers telework opportunities

Cons

Questionable Vice President Concerned about recent changes in advancement opportunities Would like some better benefit options Parking can be very difficult

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and don't treat them as position. Use our core values and beliefs when interacting with employees

Sharp HealthCare2017-05-31