Found 1,218 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Healthcare
Got a burning question about Sharp HealthCare? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Sharp HealthCare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay is low for San Diego and there is not much room for growth." (in 87 reviews)
- "Poor management." (in 55 reviews)
- "Managers were a bit old fashioned, unrealistic." (in 20 reviews)
- "Upper management is as smart as an amazon monkey, they also favor mediocre type of employees." (in 17 reviews)
- "Hospice leadership awesome." (in 13 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Sharp HealthCare and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 14, 2023Senior Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Diego, CA
Culture is everything aside from building spaces centered around patient care and patient experience. Job is rewarding. People are amazing. Of course you have to navigate the political nature, but that comes with anything. Something different everyday. Project diversity. Work life balance is superb.
No bonuses Politics Ability for leadership to make a timely decision.
- 4.0Nov 28, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Able to float to larger and smaller hospitals that specialize in different levels of care and diagnoses
Difficult to abide by different rules and regulations set forth by managers at each location
- 4.0Nov 26, 2023Registered NurseCurrent EmployeeChula Vista, CA
Pay is great for the area, great education benefits and decent amount of sick pay and PTO
alternating a/b weekend schedule blocks, the doctors / nurse relationship on my unit is very toxic but I think that is unit specific
- 4.0Nov 16, 2023Senior Technical SpecialistCurrent EmployeeSan Diego, CA
No organization is perfect, but Sharp's culture is second to none. It's a place where everyone -- from custodians to senior leaders -- is expected to uphold its value system.
Pay could be much more competitive.
- 3.0Nov 18, 2023Certified Nursing AssistantFormer EmployeeCoronado, CA
Benefits are good, good name, stable pay, lots of physical supplies handy for a SubAcute Long Term Care Unit.
Little to no recognition since favoritism is strong here. No action seen in regards to staffing ratio complaints and injury rates of staff, of which I was on Worker’s Compensation and received erroneous and time consuming care while still working.
- 5.0Nov 10, 2023Clinical Social WorkerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Diego, CA
I have great coworkers are helpful and supportive. My boss is helpful and supportive.
Traditional work schedule of 8:30-5 with unpaid 30min lunch.
- 3.0Nov 25, 2023Pt AideCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLa Mesa, CA
Great Medical Benefits, Option for $5250 per year for schooling or Free education through Guild, Great retirement benefits
Higher-ups are all "Yes" men with few departments having actual good leads, Lack leadership skills, pay could be better,
Sharp HealthCare Reviews FAQs
Sharp HealthCare has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,339 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Sharp HealthCare to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
80% of Sharp HealthCare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sharp HealthCare 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.