Sharpshooter Imaging Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Kitson

Pros
  • Bonuses, flexibility, atmosphere, and working in a fast paced environment (in 4 reviews)

• Everyday is different, not only meeting new people but using good quality gear and hopeing to make them atleast smile (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't seem to understand the needs of ground level employees (in 10 reviews)

• the pay is practically minimum wage (in 9 reviews)

1. "Balancing pros and cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Sharpshooter Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, promotion opportunities, learning

Cons

Like all jobs, certain policies and procedures' benefits are not immediately obvious

Advice to Management

Work on training and supporting the people

2. "Not worth it."

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Sharpshooter Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Got to see fish all day and it was an easy job

Cons

Everything was so unorganized. Not worth the pay at all. My manager sucked. He was an inconsiderate pervert. Treated poorly.

Advice to Management

Get everything together. You're very unorganized.

3. "Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Fan Photographer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Fan Photographer in Boston, MA

Pros

Interesting Work Environment
    Flexible Schedule
    Nice Coworkers

Cons

Management does not care
    Traded employees like baseball cards

5. "Worst first job,EVER."

Former Employee - Sales Photographer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Photographer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sharpshooter Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The position I had was held at the San Diego Zoo. The only perks were getting into the Zoo for free on your off days, food discounts in case you had to buy lunch at their expensive stands, and discounts on their products if you used any on your off time.

Cons

This was an awful company. The managers are NOT understanding at all. You have some leads that are strange and some that are completely rude. They don't pay me enough to deal with their rudeness. During my time working here, my grandfather passed away. It was really hard and devastating. I don't like to call out but in this case I did. They told me they weren't sure if my time of would get approved. I literally had to bring them a death certificate. It was very inappropriate and they shouldn't have asked for any of that all.

Advice to Management

This company needs to be more understanding for personal issues.

6. "Photographer for Dixie Stampede worked through Sharp Shooter. Was alright during the busy season."

Former Employee - Sales Photographer in Branson, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Photographer in Branson, MO

I worked at Sharpshooter Imaging part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Commission on top of hourly for days your company did well paid nicely. Otherwise didn't pay much more than min wage.

Watching the shows was kind of cool.

Nice colleagues, good equipment/software.

Flexible schedule for most part

Cons

Paperwork to fill out - to keep track of packages was ignorant and should have been easier.

If you lost a package or if a customer stole theirs it was not a good thing at all.

Forcing people to take their picture was a fight

Collecting money in the dark, during a show was so stupid. You had to yell and scream over the customers/annoy them.

Some customers were very rude about packages

The packages were very cheesy & ugly. Highly overpriced for not many pictures.

This company seems like it has no idea how to run a photography business.

I was often times so exhausted after work because this job required you to carry/walk long long distances and up stairs.

Management was lazy

7. "Think Twice and be Ready to be Replaced"

Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician/Sales Photographer in Biltmore, Buncombe, NC

Pros

Meeting nice people, but not having the time to interact with them. Biltmore employees are very knowledgable and friendly.

Cons

Management is a joke, fellow employees are fake.

Advice to Management

Worked with Sharpshooter for 4.5 years and only missed 3 days of work. Mostly due to my car not being able to take snow like a boss. Other than that, I was there everyday busting my nuts.
    Then the promoted someone else less qualified and always getting hurt or sick (idk how) and that lowered my self esteem.
    The management is a joke and they know it as well.
     Not to mention I was "let go" 3 days before my boy was born and 2 weeks after moving into our new place.
    If you have self respect, don't work here. Unless you love brown nosing and love corporate BS, this isn't the job for you.

8. "You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Photographer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharpshooter Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed it a lot

Cons

I only got paid for days I worked

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

"Would not recommend anyone to work for this company."

Current Employee - Sales Photographer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Photographer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Sharpshooter Imaging part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to meet new people. Get to work in a exciting and fun environment. Flexible hours. Great and nice staff.

Cons

Higher ups don't care 1% about you. Corporate is the worst. People pay $40.00 for crappy photos. The cheap frames that's used for the pictures only cost about $2.00 and people are being over charged for them. The pay is minimum wage. No room for growth. They only promote unqualified people. They only care about making money for the company.

Advice to Management

The gm's and dm's don't know anything about the venues that's under them because it about a pay check.So when they come in they try to find things to cry about. The management could do better at hiring. They only promote people they can run over. Anyone can get hired which is unsafe. They also force you to force people to take a photo not knowing that some people have medical Conditions that they can't take a photo.

10. "World famous San Diego Zoo"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sharpshooter Imaging full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, being at the zoo, seeing all the animals, and great place to work on your own personal development as a professional photographer

Cons

Management would walk away whenever they were needed, unsafe work conditions. Schedule was never consistent

11. "Good for getting photography experience"

Current Employee - FLORIDA in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - FLORIDA in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great for learning more about photography. Great for bettering your customer service skills. You get free entrance for you and family to the attraction.

Cons

It is supposed to be full time but you only receive part time during slow periods of the attraction. Pay is no-weekly and there is no guarantee of receiving a bonus.

Advice to Management

Place employees in different areas more often , instead of the same spot almost every day. Stop sending employees home early so that they cannot receive their full time hours as promised.