Shasa Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Carlo Dollero

"Great place of employment"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Shasa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company values, upper management is easy to work for, growth opportunities

Cons

No cons to note yet

Advice to Management

Keep making it exciting and fun and I'll be there for a long time!

"Terrible experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Shasa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CFO and other staff overall are great people to work with and try to make the otherwise unmotivating as pleasurable as possible.

Cons

Terrible management skills on the part of the owners- do as little as possible to motivate staff or let them know that they are even appreciated whatsoever. Lack of company culture and values stemming from the top make for a very stiff and dreary working environment. Filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy, very unstable with no opportunity for growth in any position.

Advice to Management

Learn how to talk to people on a human level and listen to the experts you hired when they give you suggestions instead of just disregarding them without a second thought.

3. "Very Disappointed"

Former Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Full Time Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Shasa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The discounts, weekly pay, and health benefits.

I can not give many pros because after 4 years with this company there were not pros left to give.

Cons

First off let me start by saying that I was with this company for four years. I watched many people come and go. I grew with the company and adjusted to the changes without complaint. However the process of how they go about some matters are very unjust. I personally left the company because of this.

The last person who was proclaimed as the area manager did not know how to properly handle/treat her management teams. When hired with this company it was noted that I could not drive legally due to vision problems, and it was also known that my source of transport was the metro. So knowing this during the end of my pregnancy/ right after my return from my 6 week leave my hours were cut to part time even though I was a full time manager and I was only being allowed to work closing shifts. Her excuse for making my store manager do this was because I couldn't drive. so I then bought a car, and worked it out with my doctor to be allowed to drive as long as it was just during the day. After this she continued to keep my hours low and at night. Her new excuse for this was that I did not look the part of my position. mind you I was never out of dress code, and I always looked neat and clean. She told me that i needed to style my hair, change my clothes, and wear make up. During my time there under this woman's lead I was told many discouraging things including that I was not pretty enough for my position, leading to how I went about arranging my sons child care. ( she did not approve of baby sitters and stated that I need to enroll him into a day are system because I refused to change my schedule with another manger due to the short notice). My over all appearance ant transport issues were also the excuse given when I was denied my raise for the 2nd year in a row.

Personally I would never recommend this company. Under this woman's lead almost all of the African Americans were fired or ran out of the store. I personally was advised that we had to get write ups on select people under this race and push them out of our store. ( Mind you I'm not this race and agree that this is a true statement)

Also they do not work with request offs or personal matters. They once fired a girl for attending her brother funeral out of state instead of working her scheduled shift, even after she gave a notice that she wouldn't be able to due to this family problem.

Advice to Management

Learn to be respectful to dedicated employee's. Also when issues of harassment are brought up, please actually listen to the employee's. as much as the mangers try to say it isn't true, it usually is. Also try to be a little more realistic with your demands, no one should be forced into wearing make up or changing their hair styles, especially when they are within dress code.

"Worst Company Ever"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Shasa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Slave Masters
    I there's nothing good to say about Shasa

Cons

*Work their employees like slaves
    *They don't valve their employees
    *Racist-They do not like to hire African American
    *There are no incentive for employee
    *Corporate never takes responsible for any wrong doing.

6. "if you want to get paid $7.25 then this is the job for you"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Shasa part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the only thing I enjoyed about working with shasa is the 25% discount, and getting to meet a lot of people.

Cons

low pay, the managers don't care about to employees, very UN ORGNIZED, and a lot of messy people.

Advice to Management

treat your employees better is the first thing you guys need to do. pay people more then $7.25 and please get up to date with the latest fashion because you guys been having the same clothes since yall first open, the quality of the clothes are too cheap.

"Fun retail job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Shasa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company since Glendale open its doors in November, I was promoted after a month of working with the company. Any time I've needed time off they worked with my schedule. I believe I have a great work life balance here at Shasa. This is the first job I've ever had benefits and this is very important for me. The people I work with is like a family to me, everybody works hard and we all praise each other, managers are fun and professional and we all learn something new everyday.

Cons

the only people that have a problem at Shasa are the employees who don't work hard and think they deserve more money or more hours. I have seen this numerous times where people quit and they come to glass door to bad mouth the company. I see a bad review pop up within two days of someone's departure. My own personal complain would be the product we receive, if we ask for specific items we don't get them and they continue to send what we don't sell.

Advice to Management

My advice to corporate would be to start sending us what customers want. When we don't make goal don't get on to us when you didn't send the product customers want. Come work with us before you cut our hours so low and see how we struggle to maintain the store and service customers.

"Challenging but fun job with growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Shasa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I begin? Well let me start off by saying getting paid every week is amazing! 25% off clothing that's already very affordable. FT managers are offered benefits
    Flexible scheduling

Let me tell you a little about my experience this far. I have only been with Shasa a few months but, I have learned more here then I have at any of my previous employers. I've been given the opportunity to hire, interview, train, and manage the day to day operations of the store. Every day at Shasa is a challenge and I love it! My boss is very firm but fair I'm constantly being coached and challenged so I can grow with the company.

Cons

I won't sit here and say things are perfect because no company is. Things change a lot at Shasa and you half to be able to adapt to change or you won't work out. You must be flexible with your schedule because you do get surprise tasks. Corporate visits frequently and depending on their mood things can go great or not so great. The goals aren't realistic at times.

Advice to Management

motivate and praise us when deem necessary. If your in a bad mood take into consideration before walking in that it's not our fault. Listen to the stores needs and react quicker.

"First job and I love it!!!"

Current Employee - Fashion Advisor in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Shasa part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Shasa because everyday I learn something new. I have four great managers who strive to make work fun, exciting, and challenging every shift I work.

The team I work with is like a second family. My managers work with my school schedule and encourage me to succeed at both my school and work to me this is very important.

We get 25% off and so far I've gotten 50% off twice. The clothing is already very affordable!

If your a college student looking to make a competitive salary and eventually move up with a company this is the place for you.

Everyone at my store loves coming to work and tell me all the time they love working at Shasa. I read a lot of the reviews and noticed they were not true so I decided I should share my great experience.

Cons

Frequent corporate visits and they tend to knit pick at small things. Some of the corporate people are rude but, I only deal with them on occasion. They have very high standards. You'll be fine if you have a team who loves to work hard and be challenged which the girls I work with do.

Advice to Management

My advice would be for corporate to be a little more friendly and take into consideration we work very hard and try to do everything right. Knit picking isn't necessary all the time and praise goes a long ways.

10. "i love shasa i love the products i love how the store looks like i love the costumer service"

Current Employee - Fashion Advisor in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Shasa part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the environment is very friendly for me personally shasa is like a family to me i actually do love the fact that i learn something new everyday and i will recomend the store it to everyone.

Cons

i have no cons towards shasa

Advice to Management

no advice just keep on doing what you're doing you're doing great!

"Where do I begin?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Shasa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can possibly think of is the amazing staff I had the absolute pleasure of working with.

Cons

Let me just start by saying that this company consists of the most unprofessional, disorganized, and incompetent group of people I've ever met . They have no real clue as to what they're doing, how to give direction, and more importantly how to run a successful company. They refuse to do anything that isn't their way even if that means sacrificing their way for a better alternative. They're stubborn and narcissistic and if you do happen to be one of the people who gets to contribute ideas and solutions, forget about receiving any of the credit. They will use you and then toss you aside once you've become a threat to them. Advancement in this company is given to those who suck up to corporate or if you happen to be great friends with someone. Otherwise, do not kid yourself. You aren't going to get a promotion or a raise. More importantly a raise. They'll try and assure you that you'll get the compensation you truly and lawfully deserve, but I've PERSONALLY witnessed several instances, where management has been denied their full time pay and benefits. They're just such a disorganized company, that it's absolutely ridiculous for me to find a place to begin. To say this company consists of penny pinchers, would be an understatement. They refuse to give the payroll that is needed to make a successful business day run smoothly. This, has got to be the worst possible job I've ever had.

Advice to Management

give up