Shaw Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Shaw Industries CEO Vance D. Bell
Vance D. Bell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "there is no room for advancement if you are over 25" (in 6 reviews)

• "Bad leadership and long hours on your feet" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"20 Year Anniversary"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have just celebrated my 20th Anniversary with Shaw Industries. In my time with the organization I have found that Shaw values thier people, they invest in our development and provide growth opportunities. It is a large organization but the culture is more like a small family business. It's a great place to work

Cons

Slow to change with limited growth opportunities in current role.

Jul 10, 2017

Congratulations on your anniversary! It means so much to hear you're happy with your experience, and we're certainly glad to have you onboard! As a trainer, your work is crucial to advancing our... More

2. "Good Company"

I worked at Shaw Industries full-time

Pros

Product training pay 50% match time off

Cons

poor communication ageism too many chiefs

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach

Jun 1, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We would like to hear more. If you would like to share your story, please reach out to Heather Canada Smith, director of HR compliance, at (706) 532-2414. Best wishes in... More

3. "Plant Engineer"

Current Employee - Plant Engineer in Chickamauga, GA
    Current Employee - Plant Engineer in Chickamauga, GA

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Each facility offers a very diverse work environment. Due to the company being concentrated in the North Georgia area, there is a lot of opportunity to move to different locations for a diverse work experience.

Cons

Management tends to rotate between locations often causing instability with the general work force. This provides difficulty with making sustainable changes.

Advice to Management

Reward the team members that are willing to stay at locations to truly make a difference at that facility. This will promote the lasting changes needed to keep the company on the leading edge.

Jun 13, 2018 – Human Resources

We truly value your feedback and acknowledge that needs are changing at Shaw, and in this rapidly changing environment, we must also think differently. We appreciate the effort you put into giving us... More

4. "Great company"

Pros

Good environment, very good place to work.

Cons

Drama, sometimes too much drama.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

5. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great management! Easy job! Great Pay!

Cons

The job can be monotonous and stressful when call volume is high.

Jun 13, 2018 – Human Resources

We are so glad that you enjoy your time here. Thank you for your dedication to the company.

6. "Its a ok place to work"

Current Employee - Tennessee in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Tennessee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time

Pros

Good company to work for..love the schedule

Cons

Pay is low..insurance is high for the amount of employees that they have

Jun 22, 2018 – Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback and would really like to improve your time here at Shaw. Please contact your HR manager to provide additional feedback about your experience.

7. "Territory Sales Manager"

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time

Pros

Flexibility, great work life balance, good culture, great 401k. You dictate your schedule, not a hard or pushy sale but relationship based selling. Shaw is a brand name and reputable company.

Cons

You are compensated based on product category sold. The best selling category with highest margins they pay you the least. Half the time you’re competing against your counterpart for the same business.

Advice to Management

If you’re going to give carpet reps the same products as hard surface reps to sell commercially, how are you going to pay them more? Not a good look if you want employee retention.

Jun 22, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We value your transparency. We feel our culture is great too!

8. "Almost there"

Former Employee - Marketing/Reception/Sales in Saint Joseph, MO
    Former Employee - Marketing/Reception/Sales in Saint Joseph, MO

I worked at Shaw Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Under my boss at the time, I was working with the web development department, coordinating website changes and capabilities. They were always willing to look further into a new customer retention method regardless of how new.

Cons

While the company has an acceptable "build a location" system, the flexibility vs support of Geofencing and other online efforts hasn't caught up yet to what a new location needs. Either there needs to be more corporate assistance in local online media, or they need to allow new branches to test the water with thier own efforts including social media, custom websites, google and more.

Advice to Management

Learn something new every day and keep moving forward, give your followers the tools & recognition and they'll build you a kingdom

Jun 1, 2018 – Human Resources

We appreciate your candid feedback. We agree that preparing our associates with the proper tools and training will certainly drive the company toward success. Good luck with your current and future... More

9. "Salaries don’t comesurate with locations"

Current Employee - Distribution in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Distribution in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Big company with growth potential, nice employee discount on floors

Cons

-The same salary scales are used regardless of your location. Managers working in areas with a high cost of living make way under what they do at other local companies. Shaw managers working in lower cost of living areas can live quite comfortably. It’s hard to start over and I like the career potential that I have at Shaw, but I need to consider my family finances.
    -Hours expected of salaried employees are ridiculous. I am expected to manage two shifts. My phone rings around the clock, and I regularly work 18 hour days. For that amount of stress and time away from my family, I should be able to support them comfortably. Instead, I make considerably less than others do in this industry.
    -Outdated systems. Shaw does not adequately invest in IT infrastructure. Customer satisfaction is impacted. In this day and age, it shouldn’t be so difficult for customers to know where their orders are, or for employees to manage that information.
    -Health insurance options aren’t the greatest, but few are these days.

Advice to Management

-Invest more in your people. Offer raises and incentives that keep up with the cost of living where people are located.
    -Grow your leadership teams at your larger facilities to adequately support employees and customers.
    -Invest in better technology, and a stronger IT department.
    -Offer better health insurance.

Jun 4, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review of your time at Shaw. Your constructive criticism is greatly appreciated because it gives us the opportunity to improve. We would really like to improve your time here at... More

10. "Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Shaw Industries full-time

Pros

Day-to-day flexibility. Corporate admin is very supportive.

Cons

Management is out of touch yet extremely self important.

Jun 1, 2018 – Human Resources

We highly value your feedback and aim to maintain a very supportive workforce. Good luck in your current and future endeavors!