Shaw Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Shaw Industries Reviews

Updated February 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Hard to have a life or do anything outside of work when you seem to constantly be working 6 and 7 day weeks with some 12 hour shifts as well (in 7 reviews)

• The upper management group does not give the support that they preach (in 11 reviews)

1. "Good Training"

Former Employee - Lead Electrician in Summerville, SC
    Former Employee - Lead Electrician in Summerville, SC

I worked at Shaw Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed the Maintenance training benefits. You move up levels by testing throughout the year and get compensated each time

Cons

Plant closure lead to no job

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to dead weight

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Shaw Industries full-time

Pros

The most employee-friendly company I have ever worked for. The work was not easy, but it was a great environment & management truly cared about the employees. If you are ever offered a job with Shaw, take it!

Cons

The work was physically demanding.

3. "Needs more great people in the organization"

I worked at Shaw Industries full-time

Pros

Opportunity for new talent to evolve company culture and drive innovation into the business.

Cons

Slow to change and/or understand the extent of change needed to succeed in the future.

Advice to Management

Augment experience and knowledge of current management with more outside thinking and expertise in new areas.

"I don't like it"

Current Employee - Material Handler
    Current Employee - Material Handler

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None whatsoever. Job is horrible I hate this place and especially the people. The machines never work and they expect us to make the best of it

Cons

Pay, work is physically demanding and they treat there workers like crap. Insurance sucks

Advice to Management

Stop being lazy

6. "Best company to ever work for"

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time

Pros

Everything is great about this place

Cons

None is wrong with it

Advice to Management

Never forget where you came from

7. "Territory Account Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Sales position so you can schedule your days how you please

Cons

No real upward mobility level

Advice to Management

Empower employees

8. "Shaw Industries"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ty Ty, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ty Ty, GA

I have been working at Shaw Industries (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, training, world class vision

Cons

Restricts growth to 50 mile radius of headquarters.

"No stability in sales"

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time

Pros

If you like change, this is the place. The dynamic of the business philosophy at this company changes yearly and sometimes more often than that. They are the leader in soft flooring manufacturing and owned by none other than Warren Buffett.

Cons

Anyone below the Regional Sales Manager will be cast to their own. The directives of your local RM are based on how best to achieve his bonus which is a whopping amount so don't be the one to stand in the way. The statement has been made by upper management that the RM is the most important person in the company so if you take pride in your work or have an ego it doesn't matter, he is the only important person (remember?) The RM has told each of us individually that "you will make less money next year." Really? I can't wait to go to work. In addition, depending on the RM, you may never get the opportunity to advance. This company's standard directive to each manager is if you're interested in promoting or moving an employee, you are required to speak to his manager first. Some managers can see that allowing an employee to promote or move will require them to train a new employee. If you're sales, good luck, Ive tried for 15 years.

Advice to Management

The treatment of field sales is terrible!!!

10. "Intern"

Pros

Good hourly pay, nice people

Cons

Boring atmosphere, didn't feel as though I was needed

11. "GREAT Company to work for!!!!"

Current Employee - OMT - Human Resources Trainee in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - OMT - Human Resources Trainee in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Shaw Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was excited to continue my career in HR and after my first day with the company - I knew Shaw was the perfect place for me. I have never worked at a place with such genuine people! Almost everyone I have met in the HR dep. wants me to succeed and has my best interest at heart.

Even though I had some experience in HR - I started as a HR Trainee in the OMT program. This was PERFECT and definitely a great way to start. You get to learn the ins and outs of the company, learn all about hard and soft surfaces, tour plants, network and set-up meetings with whoever you want to meet/learn from, and take classes on how to be the best "you." This was really a perfect transitional period for me and now I am in a HR Manager temp. assignment where I can learn more on the job! My boss, an HR Director, and his boss are VERY transparent with me and let me know about current opportunities I could apply for within the company and let me know that staying in a temp. position is fine too.

If you are look for just a job - look elsewhere... Shaw is a place to grow your career!

Cons

The recruiting process for me was not the best. If you are being recruited from Shaw - keep in mind that once you start working at Shaw, you will not regret it! I know Dalton, GA isn't the most "happening" place, but a lot of people live in Chattanooga and Chatt is awesome!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the new Talent Model. It truly is great and if it keeps being represented from the top- people will understand its importance even more.

Also, Shaw is truly an awesome company but as a candidate - it is hard to see that. Shaw does awesome things and for recruiting purposes- I believe they should show that more through social media, have a trendy/up-to-date site to apply for jobs, and expedite the recurring process or else candidates are going to pick companies that respond faster.