Sheetz Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sheetz President and CEO Stan Sheetz
Stan Sheetz

Pros
Cons
  • Work Life Balance employees not showing up for work (in 16 reviews)

• Stressful, some coworkers, 24/7 means working all holidays (in 22 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"My experience as a Sheetz employee"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Monroeville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Monroeville, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fun, light and easy atmosphere...makes it easier to get through the demands of the job

Cons

i dont really have any. Glad they've allowed jeans as a part of the uniform...adds to the "fun" atmosphere!!

Advice to Management

One of the best places I've ever worked in regard to respect from managers. Dont ever change that.

Apr 25, 2017 – Talent Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review and we are thankful and appreciative of the time and commitment you gave to Sheetz!

2. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay really well and everyone qualifies for a bonus every quarter. Yes its an insanely busy job but they do pay well above most other places. Benefits are great medical dental and vision.

Cons

The only con is thay it is open 365 days a year 24 hrs a day which means you always have to work holidays. Sometimes balancing family and work is hard.

3. "Not for everyone."

Current Employee - Distribution in Claysburg, PA
    Current Employee - Distribution in Claysburg, PA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Quarterly bonus, corporate trips, competative pay

Cons

No set work schedule, little flexibility

Advice to Management

I work in a department that deals with technical support for the stores in the company. We maintain technology and other equipment throughout the stores. This in itself isn't a bad job. but we're often thrown into roles of other departments after hours with no change in pay. Because the company itself is in operation twenty-four hours a day there's no shift differential either. The department also takes on a customer service role as well if they're too short-staffed to handle the call volume. The customer support staff is reduced after five pm to one person usually, so we get put in a lot. With this, if we question it or raise concerns they take it as complaining or refusal to do our job. This turns it into a hostile work environment more often than not because they threaten negative action against us, (e.g, write ups, terminations).

The shifts in my department are four - ten hour days per week. The days are not set so there's always a possibility that you can work eight days straight without overtime. Normally we're supposed to have every other weekend off but I typically will receive one weekend off per month. I've sought different shifts as they were available and have been passed up each time by newer employees.

If you happen to get into a department that isn't required to be a catch-all, the company itself isn't terrible. We do get quarterly bonuses, we have a health care facility on campus with a full gym, there's a day care center for $33/day if needed. The medical benefits aren't terrible. There's dental and vision too.

4. "Best. Job. Ever!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Scottdale, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Scottdale, PA

I have been working at Sheetz part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here. It's the best job I've ever had. The fun light hearted atmosphere makes getting your tasks done easier. I also think it makes the customers relax as well. The respect and decency from management is a huge plus. I just love it.

Cons

I'm being completely honest, I can't think of any cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome!

5. "Good pay, bad management"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Welcome, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Welcome, NC

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay
    Benefits
    Flexibility
    Schedule
    Location

Cons

Management
    Drama filled
    Loitering
    Packed
    Learning the kitchen

6. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, bonuses, Benefits ,and 1/2 off meals

Cons

To many call outs , which puts the pressure on the remaining employees to get the job duties done and at the same time ,still give great customer service

Advice to Management

Take care of and show appreciation for the dedicated employee 's you do have and address their conserns on helping shifts run smoother .just because they dont have that supervisory title, doesnt mean their input is not of value , Alot of that going on at certain stores .

7. "Crew"

I worked at Sheetz part-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule some what

Cons

Too much work for one person

8. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Salesperson in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Sheetz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a whole, Sheetz is fairly stress free, even during peak hours when we can hardly keep up with customer orders. Your coworkers are like a second family and you can joke around and laugh with them as easy as a group of friends.

Cons

On rare occasions, your hours can fall below your average for more than a week at a time. When this happens, our usually set schedule, either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, can get muddled and we work weird hours but it tends to settle out again. Sheetz has a new evaluation test to see if you would be a good fit in any position you apply for and it makes it harder to climb the ladder.

Jun 14, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled to read your positive comments about the workplace being like a second family for you. We recognize that the nature of our work can be ... More

9. "4 years meant nothing"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Altoona, PA
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Altoona, PA

I worked at Sheetz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to get entry level experience for enterprise IT, good parties

Cons

High responsibility and constantly being barraged with work outside of work hours, I found out I was being demoted in my review. My review and measurables were outstanding, but I was told by my manager it was an "Obamacare thing" and told me it didn't matter much. Get hired into an unfavored group, prepare to bust your rear for no return, at least that was my experience. Had my previous review removed for some reason?

Advice to Management

Promote the people that are working to make your company better, not the people you don't see as a threat to leave

Jun 14, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

We hate to see you had an unfavorable experience working with Sheetz and we completely understand your frustration with the change coming from Obamacare. We do try our best to ensure everyone is ... More

"Shift Supervisor"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Haymarket, VA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Haymarket, VA

I worked at Sheetz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- 1/2 off MTO products while on clock and free fountain drinks/coffee

Cons

- Horrible Work/Life balance
    - Employees call off a lot and you have to be available 4hrs before and after shift.
    - Drama and Gossip
    - Low pay based on the cost of living for the area. $13/hr in VA and $12/hr in PA
    - Lack of staffing at a busy store. Makes it hard to complete tasks,
    - Different levels of management have different attendance policies.

Advice to Management

Assistant Managers should have a point system for attendance like the rest.
    Actually have competitive pay and pay more when someone brings management experience.
    Staff your stores properly. Not enough workers on second shift.
    Store managers should proactively stamp out gossip and drama in the workplace not be a part of it.
    If you staff the stores properly then other employees won't call off a lot and then supervisors won't be forced to work 130hrs of OT in 5 months.

Jun 14, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

We are so sorry to hear your experience at Sheetz wasn't a great one. We take great pride in our stores and the benefits we offer our employees so we hate to hear you had a negative experience at ... More