ShelfGenie Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
P. Allan Young

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ShelfGenie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growing company, great benefits, fun culture, awesome co-workers.

Cons

Some people don't like the constant changes. However, I love it we are always getting better. This place isn't for everyone. Only a special few:)

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I have seen even better changes in the last month. Can't wait to see what 2017 brings!

2. "PROS and CONS"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Palm Beach, FL

I worked at ShelfGenie (More than a year)

Pros

FANTASTIC PRODUCT/ GREAT COMMISSIONS...wonderful time with the clients in their homes. They love the product. Nonpushy selling techniques. Great advertising. They set your appnts. WONDERFUL. I put lots of effort in because it was so wonderful.

Cons

My particular 'owner' locally(this is a national company and is franchised) wouldn't support me in my frustration when the installer was constantly rude (even yelling) to me. I was making them sale after sale, and I wasn't important enough for him to talk to his installer. He wanted me to. No way, I was brand new. Suggestion: Take of your sales staff and make sure all departments are professional to all the staff.

Advice to Management

Take of your sales staff, or they won't be making you money and sell somewhere else.

"Good starter company"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ShelfGenie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Optimistic environment upon entry. Friendly Team.

Cons

Fast turn rate. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Be more open to your employee's input . Input on company values often leads to segregation.

"Not established"

Former Employee - Non Given
    Former Employee - Non Given

I worked at ShelfGenie full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

WORKED TO HELP ACCOMPANY HOURS

Cons

Favoritism, turnover rate, lack of essential knowledge by employees

Advice to Management

Keep confidential matters confidential and stop ignoring employees unleaded you want or need from them.

"Not a great culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ShelfGenie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Franchisees are very good people. Company seems to be financially sound. The corporate office hires good people who are very capable.

Cons

There is way too much turnover at the corporate office. The people who are there are very over-worked. No stability.

Advice to Management

You keep hiring good people, but you can't keep them. At some point, don't you have to admit that the problem is you, not the people you hire?

"Shelf Genie Designer of 4 years"

Former Employee - ShelfGenie Designer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - ShelfGenie Designer in Columbus, OH

Pros

I am a professional organizer and own my own business. Shelf Genie allowed me to fill in appointment gaps as I grew my business. I had the freedom to choose when I wanted to work and how much. There were many opportunities for me to create income for myself beyond the appointments that they scheduled for me. My organizing practice has matured and I simply need to focus on that.

Cons

The sales kit and computer bag can be very heavy to lug in and out of the car. I lived 40 minutes from Columbus, Ohio where many of our appointments are located so I did a lot of driving sometimes for one appointment or a team meeting.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed working for Mike Saunders of ShelfGenie of Columbus. He was always very fair in everything.

"Designer of Glideout Shelving"

Current Employee - Kitchen Designer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Kitchen Designer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ShelfGenie part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love meeting people and helping them solve problems in their kitchen. I have a lot of flexibility in this position by controlling my own calendar. It is up to me as to my availibiity to work. Shelf Genie of Raleigh has been very fair to me. I did have to provide my own laptop computer but I had one anyway. They provide the printers we use. I have to work Home Shows some during the year but am always paid for my time. There are great incentives to sell more and receive bonuses. It is a great part time job for me as a mother of 4 children. The kids are growing up and I am able to work more now but i have been allowed to decide my work schedule. I could gain more opportunities if I self generated and I am planning to do more of that in the future.

Cons

This is a great job for me as I stated before but the income is not always consistent. Sometimes I have big months and sometimes I don't' but it works out well for me. Home Shows are a necessity but not my favorite thing to do.

Advice to Management

Communicate well and keep bringing in fresh ideas for the sales team. Continue to lead by being positive and understanding that this is a job with ups and downs as the opportunities are lots at some times and little at others.

"Designer"

Current Employee - Designer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Designer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at ShelfGenie part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The companies provides all of my leads and has great training. I get to set my own schedule and work area. The compensation is fantastic for the hours required. I love the impact that what I do has on our clients it is a very rewarding job.

Cons

I really cannot think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Everything is up-to-date in Kansas City"

Current Employee - Designer of Happiness in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Designer of Happiness in Kansas City, MO

Pros

I have been a designer for ShelfGenie in the Greater Kansas City franchise for 9 months. After reading some of the reviews, I was shocked by many of the statements made. I have been treated more than fairly by my franchise owner, and although I have not had a great deal of interaction with Home Office people, the little I have had has been cordial and helpful. I particularly have found the people in the Call Center to frequently go above and beyond in getting messages relayed to both clients and designers about cancellations and reschedules.

Cons

My only complaint is that I find myself working more hours and days than I had originally intended, because of not having enough designers in our franchise to cover the appointments. I know that our franchise owner is working hard to hire more people, and I hope that will alleviate that issue. I do have another design job, and I need to devote time to it, as well.

Advice to Management

Maintain the course with superior products at a fair price. Remember us little guys out here in the field, and keep us supplied with good sales materials to help us continue solving problems for our clients.

10. "Shelf Genie Franchisee"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Franchise Owner in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ShelfGenie (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great product portfolio with terrific profit potential. Corporation provides significant support and training. Proven system that has worked in numerous locations. Does not require a storefront or the purchase of inventory. Shelf Genie owns the production.

Cons

Hard work. Need to invest heavily in marketing and work lots of shows.

Advice to Management

Keep a solid team at headquarters and be responsive to needs of Zees