Cover image for ShelfGenie

65% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 37 of over 44 reviews

3.6
ShelfGenie President Andy Pittman (no image)
Andy Pittman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "workers, good management, hard working team.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The companies provides all of my leads and has great training.(in 3 reviews)
  • "workers are great people.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Excellent company and culture

Aug 2, 2022 - Manager Administrative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall an excellent company to work for. Good work/life balance. Flexibility of work-from-home or in office. Culture is very relaxed.

Cons

Benefits and PTO flexibility could improve.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Self-Employed Opportunity with a Team

Oct 6, 2022 - Designer and Content Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You're mentored by one of the best franchise owners and designers in the nation. Great training with the opportunity to shadow the top performers so you can apply to your design consults. Education based sales. Performance based compensation. Installers are certified and the products are made in the U.S. backed by a warranty- so you can have confidence that your are representing a quality product and organization. If you are/were self-employed, this is a great opportunity to work with a team. You set your availability and territory. Great team members that you can learn from and they are very welcoming. Management and owner work with your schedule. I let them know I was having a baby and we worked together for a plan. We had the time we needed to welcome baby and then slowly get back into serving our clients when we were ready. Installers are there to help with design questions. You have an operations manager to help you with admin, design, and timeline. Minimal tools to maintain - laptop, consult paperwork, demo kit

Cons

If you're not self-motivated, disciplined, and don't follow the baseline process, I wouldn't recommend this opportunity for you. Self-starter and solution seeker that follows the recipe with a spark of your personality and you'll do great. You are technically your own business working with the franchise's marketing, CRM, operations, manufacturing, and installation partners. It is 100% commission. Budget for the slow times when clients vacation- summer/holiday, but take time off for yourself anyway.

3. Join the ShelfGenie team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work: Good Culture, Flexibility and Great Bonus Plans

Sep 7, 2022 - Aministative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for ShelfGenie has been a great experience, the company has incorporated a lot of great benefits to their employees in the recent years and continue to implement new fun activities to keep the moral high. Flexibility is a must during these times and presently is a great addition as well. There is room for growth and to expand your skillset now being apart of the Neighborly brand.

Cons

I don't have any cons currently,

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Pros & Cons

Aug 1, 2022 - Help Desk Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros: - Flexibility - Productivity - Work from Home - Culture of Honesty/Transparency - Bonuses - Great Management - HSA Account - Goal Oriented - Complimentary lunches on training days

Cons

Cons: - Healthcare plan could be better - Adding sick time and paternity leave separate from PTO would be great - Hard to advance for title promotion - Need to have more fun in the process - (Personal Opinion) Need to focus more on the people that work for the company instead of ALL business. This has improved, but what is meant here is that we need better relationships as this creates a better bond and is easier to work with co-workers. This is more of an act of appreciation for employees. Employees need to feel like they are being appreciated from within the company so that it creates a sense of self-worth and confidence in working for the company. From past experiences, employee appreciation has been crucial for me and also helps me grow personally and within the company.

6. 5.0

Good people

Feb 1, 2022 - Media Strategist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good leadership when I was there, nice people very understanding and respectful

Cons

None, great group of people

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Small company with great potential.

Oct 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company great benefit. Good environment

Cons

Lack of growth for career opportunities.

8. 2.0

Disappointing

Mar 19, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility of schedule and of time

Cons

Not a lot of support

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Fast Paced, Growth Focused & Great People

Mar 1, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

ShelfGenie is a fast paced, growth focused company. The office has a constant buzz of energy. The company grew over 40% in the last year which can cause a little chaos as new team members learn and get on board. The leadership is always trying to find awesome people to help build the brand. The company recently had a huge renovation and the offices are cool. We have a ping pong table in the meeting room and the fit out is modern and creates a collaborative environment. A big pro is knowing what you do each day helps improve the lives of the franchisees. ShelfGenie is extremely franchisee focused and the entire home office is motivated to provide franchisees and their designers and installers with exceptional support and support services. I have worked in other franchise systems, and the support ShelfGenie offers is above and beyond anything I have ever seen. Franchisees are seen as partners and friends, which is pretty cool.

Cons

ShelfGenie has been undergoing some re-organization and the leadership are trying to change culture and create a foundation for further growth. They have been very clear about the culture they are trying to create. Values include candor, courage and "entrepreneurial thinking". They are very clear that they only want a team of motivated go getters who can think, care and problem solve. As a result, this is not an environment for everyone.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Tough Gig

Mar 15, 2021 - Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

None to speak of really

Cons

leadership is lacking, company changes names often, and there's a reason.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Designer of Glideout Shelving

Apr 30, 2016 - Kitchen Designer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love meeting people and helping them solve problems in their kitchen. I have a lot of flexibility in this position by controlling my own calendar. It is up to me as to my availibiity to work. Shelf Genie of Raleigh has been very fair to me. I did have to provide my own laptop computer but I had one anyway. They provide the printers we use. I have to work Home Shows some during the year but am always paid for my time. There are great incentives to sell more and receive bonuses. It is a great part time job for me as a mother of 4 children. The kids are growing up and I am able to work more now but i have been allowed to decide my work schedule. I could gain more opportunities if I self generated and I am planning to do more of that in the future.

Cons

This is a great job for me as I stated before but the income is not always consistent. Sometimes I have big months and sometimes I don't' but it works out well for me. Home Shows are a necessity but not my favorite thing to do.

2 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews
</>Embed

ShelfGenie Reviews FAQs

ShelfGenie has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 44 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at ShelfGenie to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, ShelfGenie employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at ShelfGenie. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

65% of ShelfGenie employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ShelfGenie 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at ShelfGenie to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, benefits, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with ShelfGenie Job Seekers