What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good Work Life balance and good to staff" (in 978 reviews)
- "very ethic and good benefits" (in 736 reviews)
- "Good pay and beneifts and I would have stayed longer if they were not moving the positions to India." (in 513 reviews)
- "great people and multicultural (though the latter is changing through centralisation and offshoring)." (in 511 reviews)
- "Salary is good but sealing based on grade and you can stick to a job group for your life" (in 432 reviews)
- "1. Poor management emphasizes in results solely from data analysis rather than quality or focusing in listening to subordinates" (in 244 reviews)
- "bad managers and cumbersome working with HR employees to get forms." (in 140 reviews)
- "Continuous restructurings every 2 years mean no job security and teams being understaffed (although certain top management remains same for decades)." (in 128 reviews)
- "Long hours and stressful occasionally Cyclical commodity boom and bust" (in 111 reviews)
- "leadership has no idea what they are doing" (in 61 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Shell and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,593 of over 13K reviews
Updated Sep 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pay"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Aug 26, 2015SALES CLERKFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPlant City, FL
Shell offers very flexible hours, if you need extra hours to work it's not a problem. You also get to meet and help all kinds of different and unique people. The manager I had was one of the best ever to work for.
Working at Shell even though you get to meet and help many different kinds of people, it can be a little bit scary if you have to work the night shift. The pay at Shell is not very good and you don't get any benefits.1
- 4.0Jan 24, 2011Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
It is an oil major and job has the prestige associated with it. It also has robust procedures and an excellent safety culture.
They are very bureaucratic and slow to respond to change. They also feel that they are the best pay masters in the industry and actually they are not..1