KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Shenandoah Country Club Reviews

Updated Nov 11, 2020

Found 5 of over 5 reviews

2.6

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Job at Shenandoah

Nov 11, 2020 - Pro Shop Assistant in West Bloomfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, customers, duties are straight-forward

Cons

Culture is a bit off, too much politics involved, isn't professional

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

RAMPANT NEPOTISM AND DISCRIMINATION IN KITCHEN IF YOU'RE NOT CHALDEAN OR ARAB. ENGLISH HARDLY SPOKEN.

Jun 27, 2017 - Pantry Chef in West Bloomfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most employees are wonderful and facilities are beautiful.

Cons

I worked in the kitchen for one year at minimum wage. I was recognized by the chef for my good work and was given more responsibility, progressing from salad prep to cooking. When I asked for a raise after one year, management berated me for asking and said no. Shortly after that, they fired me. I had made one misstep that resulted directly from the lack of a proper chain of command in the kitchen. (A relative of management with no title is allowed to undermine their authority in their absence and wreak havoc.) Management will fire you in an instant if you're not a family member or friend, that is, a Chaldean or an Arab, just because they can. No second chances. I am only 17-years-old.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Poor Working Environment, Zero Opportunity for Growth of Non-Chaldeans - Shenandoah Country Club

Nov 9, 2010 - Line Cook in West Bloomfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large new facility w little expense spared. Significant language barriers aside, generally good people to work with outside of management.

Cons

Hierarchical system of operation is archaic at best. Seriously, stuck in the 12th century Ottoman Empire. No potential for mobility within the company. No return for hard work.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0

server

Apr 24, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

good money and good tips

Cons

none I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 1.0

Horrible

Nov 11, 2011 -  in West Bloomfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay nice people can make good tips beautiful weddings and events nice area And good golf course ok

Cons

Awful felt more stress going to work the. In my own life management treats all employees like a piece of garbage acts like everyone is dumb and incompetent. Worst manager ever and half the employees are lazy only a handfull do their jobs.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Shenandoah Country Club Reviews FAQs

44% of Shenandoah Country Club employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Shenandoah Country Club 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 1 for culture and values and 2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Shenandoah Country Club to be workplace, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.