Shepherd Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Sarah Morrison

1. "PCT"

Former Employee - Pct in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Pct in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Shepherd Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are so many pros to working at Shepherd. They make you feel appreciated and are always doing nice things for their employees. Everyone who who works there is awesome.

Cons

There is not a lot of part time positions

"PCT"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shepherd Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compassionate and hard working staff, excellent facility for brain/spinal cord injury rehab, great benefits, great teamwork

Cons

We are not being heard when suggestions are made. The turnover in the last two years should raise a red flag. They pick and choose who they listen to and take advice from.
    The loyal staff that have remained are taken for granted in all areas of the hospital. A large majority of staff are currently looking for other jobs. I'm not sure what changed two years ago but Shepherd has gone downhill in regards to their staff. Happy staff=happy customers. We work hard and more often than not the we will go above and beyond.
    We put ourselves in their shoes.

Advice to Management

Increase pay for your loyal, compassionate, hardworking employees. It's disheartening knowing that you are hiring new people at a higher rate of pay than those that have been with you for years. Especially, giving new employees extra incentives. Do not take your loyal employees for granted. Especially, those of us that are compassionate, hardworking, ethical, and happy doing our jobs regardless of the stress. Make it worth our time. Stop hiring people that lack those values that the Shepherd Center is at its core.

Nov 7, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

From Tammy King, Chief Nurse Executive: We are extremely proud of our hard working, dedicated, and caring staff. Without the kind of staff we have in place, Shepherd Center would not be able to ... More

3. "Shepherd Center supports their employees"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shepherd Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Shepherd Center puts a lot of time and effort into training their therapists to live up to the reputation. There are many benefits and the upper management takes time to make staff feel appreciated.

Cons

I do not have any real cons to mention. I have worked there 5 years and have had an incredible experience. Their pay rates may be average but the experience of working in such an encouraging place makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing and continue to listen to the therapists and nurses suggestions.

"Love It"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Shepherd Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Shepherd Center is highly competitive in salary and benefits. Great model for a company- almost unrealistic for both employees and patients. Sets unrealistic expectations when you have to leave! Family atmosphere, great leadership, good communication. Great working environment. Only hospital I've ever worked at that gave all employees a bonus!

Cons

Location, if you live OTP- traffic is hard. Days off accrue, rather than getting them all at once, like at the beginning of the year. They are meeting heavy- way too many meetings- about everything. Doctors can be hard to work with sometimes- some are better than others.

Advice to Management

Cut back on staff meetings! Be more aware of how stressful our jobs are- sometimes you forget what it's like on the front lines.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shepherd Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management cares about employees. I've worked a lot of places and never had supervisors that seemed to care so much about me as a person. Next to the patients, the employees seem to be the most important thing here. Staffing ratios are MUCH better than other hospitals.

Cons

Just like every other hospital I've worked at, the patients seem to be getting sicker every year. At least here, I usually have enough time to take care of my patients.

Advice to Management

Continue to put the focus on the employees! They are the ones who make the hospital work as well as it does.

"Excellent company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shepherd Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company with an excellent benefits package. Also new HR team are progessive thinkers, which will help the company grow in a positive direction.

Cons

No room for growth potential in administrative careers. Not enough cultural diversity in senior management team. Lots of favoritism, which makes it hard to advance.

Advice to Management

Current management team needs to be reorganized with progressive thinking people that will bring diversity to the group. Out with the old and in with the new.

7. "Pct"

Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shepherd Center (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment great team work.

Cons

Never a downside, Excellent.

Advice to Management

Great Job.

"Admissions Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shepherd Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for. The people that work here really care about the patients.

Cons

The pay is not the best.

Advice to Management

The employees do such a great job they deserve higher pay

Jul 6, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

We agree we have some of the best employees in Healthcare!! We are reviewing the market and salaries to remain competitive. Thank you for your commitment to Shepherd Center.

"Patient Care Technician"

Former Employee - Nurse Extern/Patient Care Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Nurse Extern/Patient Care Technician in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Shepherd Center (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work culture, excellent team building, excellent patient care!

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to my employment at Shepherd - I simply moved on to another area of medicine I was more interested in, but loved my experience!

Jun 13, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your review, we are glad you had a positive work experience. We wish you luck in your career pursuits. While we are not able to always support everyone's career goals there are ... More

"Not great for IT Pros"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Shepherd Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule is the only real perk. The management is full of nice people but nice people dont always make the best managers.

Cons

Pay, working environment, lack of respect for IT employees, there is zero room for growth or vertical movement for any IT pros.

Jun 13, 2016 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for providing your perspective. Shepherd Center has experienced significant growth and with that comes a need to increase our focus on the IT infrastructure. To that end, we are upgrading ... More