Sheppard Pratt Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Sheppard Pratt Health System Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2019

Found 141 reviews

3.3
Harsh K. Trivedi, M.D., M.B.A.
  1. "Amazing opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Mental Health Worker in Towson, MD

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Plenty of overtime -Amazing Learning experience if you are interested in the field of psychology, mental health, or medical field -Flexible schedules -Great Cafeteria -Easy to contact and communicate with other departements -AMAZING BENEFIT and tuition assistance

Cons

-There are a lot of mandations -veteran staff can be unwelcoming to new staff -easy to get burnt out if you are not organized

Advice to Management

-More cohesiveness among unit employees -Increase communication -employee raises in pay -retreats for staff

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-06-04
  2. "Outstanding Employer!!!"

Current Employee - Crisis Clinician

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Sheppard Pratt Hospital System for over 30 years and been very satisfied with my employment. SPHS offers competitive wages, an excellent benefit package, including paid time off and flexibility in work schedules.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are not many positions available for masters level clinicians without a license in the system.

Advice to Management

Offer retention raises for every year worked.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-06-01

Sheppard Pratt Health System Response

October 12, 2018Recruitment and Employment Manager

Thank you for your continued dedication to SPHS and all those we serve! We are pleased to hear your experience has been a positive one!

"The most amazing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

SPHS is an organization that truly respects recovery and an individual's desire to 'give back' to a community that is often forgotten. My interview process was impressive, meeting with the VP of nursing and the President of the company. Upper management have always been very supportive and I can actually 'get them' on my cell phone if necessary. This isn't something afforded to most employees of such large organizations....

Cons

There is often a 'ole timers culture' of long time employees that can be viewed as intimidating to new hires. It doesn't take much to welcome someone, and I find this behavior shocking because working in the role of a caregiver one should expect to receive a very friendly and welcoming environment. Now just what is that stating to the frightened patient that comes in for care?

Advice to Management

Working in management, I can only imagine the level of stress and the unplanned sacrifice one must be willing to endure. I salute your dedication and will continue to pray for your personal sanity, lol. Thank you for your service and keep up the great work!

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-05-20
  4. "Review"

Current Employee - Staff in Towson, MD

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System part-time for less than a year

Pros

The work schedule is flexible, cafeteria food is relatively cheap, and the staff memebers are nice

Cons

It’s a small health system so everyone basically knows everyone else. They need additional offices and staff designated to doing specific jobs and duties that other offices end up having to do, even though it has nothing to do with their job.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration peoples schedules, including other job schedules.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-05-03

"Hard to review"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Towson, MD

Pros

Almost unlimited overtime. Rewarding to work with patients and seeing them improve. The individuals that are dedicated to their job and the hospital mission make coming to work a joy.

Cons

The culture here is terrible. Those who do their jobs, follow policy and work hard are victims of workplace violence daily and ostracized by the majority. The majority consist of individuals not dedicated to patient care, are motivated only by the monetary value of overtime and those that consistently cut corners placing both patients and staff at risk.

Advice to Management

Start over. Don't be afraid to replace problem staff due to staffing issues. Managers please don't hire everyone HR recommends, they are missing the mark clearly judging by the turnover here.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-05-03
  6. "Clinical Services Systems Specialist"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Towson, MD

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great coworkers and advancement opportunities

Cons

Parking can be a problem at times.

Advice to Management

N/A

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-04-17
  7. "Great non-profit employes"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Towson, MD

Pros

Sheppard Pratt is a non-profit organization with a very worthwhile mission. I have been here over 6 years and have had a very good experience with supportive management, the opportunity for work life balance, good benefits and PTO, and great co-workers. This is a great organization with so many locations and affiliates including Family Services, Mosaic, and Way Station.

Cons

No cons to list at this time

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-03-07
  8. "Shocking. I’ve seen a little bit of everything working this job."

Current Employee - Mental Health Worker in White Marsh, MD

Pros

Being able to show empathy and help others. Seeing a lot of different types of people of all colors, disorders, and ages.

Cons

Can be stressful, burnout happens quickly. Pay is reasonable initially but no merit pay increases offered. Raises are hospital wide.

Advice to Management

Offer better pay

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-03-05
  9. "Terrible company"

I worked at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gained great experience and loved my patients.

Cons

Treat patients and employees like dirt. Underpaid. Made up lies to get me fired and didnt even care to hear my side of the story. Lose lose situation on my end. Should have sued.

Advice to Management

New management needed

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-03-23
    • "Mental health worker"

I worked at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time

Pros

Great support from co workers.

Cons

Low lay for work however low increment raises twice a year usually

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-02-13

Sheppard Pratt Health System Response

February 20, 2018Recruitment and Employment Manager

Thank you for your review!

Found 141 reviews