Sheppard Pratt Health System Staff Nurse Reviews | Glassdoor

Sheppard Pratt Health System Staff Nurse Reviews

Updated May 2, 2018

Found 5 reviews

1.8
Harsh K. Trivedi, M.D., M.B.A.
  1. "Excellent Place to Work"

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System

Pros

Progressive and personal development is encouraged

Cons

Sometimes, working in psychiatry itself can be challenging

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, free turkey for employees who work on thanksgiving

Sheppard Pratt Health System2008-12-03

"Hard to review"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Towson, MD

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Almost unlimited overtime. Rewarding to work with patients and seeing them improve. The individuals that are dedicated to their job and the hospital mission make coming to work a joy.

Cons

The culture here is terrible. Those who do their jobs, follow policy and work hard are victims of workplace violence daily and ostracized by the majority. The majority consist of individuals not dedicated to patient care, are motivated only by the monetary value of overtime and those that consistently cut corners placing both patients and staff at risk.

Advice to Management

Start over. Don't be afraid to replace problem staff due to staffing issues. Managers please don't hire everyone HR recommends, they are missing the mark clearly judging by the turnover here.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2018-05-03

"Work here if you like workplace drama and like doing the absolute bare minimum to get a check."

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Towson, MD

I worked at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free parking. 8 hour shifts. Starbucks in-house. Generous PTO and benefits package. Offers loads of overtime due to constant turnover.

Cons

Hostile environment. Gossip rules this place. Employees are encouraged to report each other to management instead of working things out amongst themselves first. Disconnect between clinical leadership and Human Resources. Every review here has a reply to speak to HR about issues; well I did and it ended up making everything worse. Staff-centered care and policies, "physician's orders or else" mentality with a culture...

Advice to Management

Implement training for coworkers to resolve conflict without involving management. Stop discouraging employees from seeking assistance through Human Resources. Support change and enforce the policies that govern the hospital.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2017-03-20

Sheppard Pratt Health System Response

March 21, 2017Recruitment and Employment Manager

Thank you for your review. We value feedback from our employees!

4. "They provide freedom to move around the hopsital to help employees determine a well-fitting role ."

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Towson, MD

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, plenty of hours to work, flexible schedule options, adequate training & continuous education. Decent leadership and opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Employees who do not deal well with psych patients are tolerated. They need to better enforce rules about therapeutic communication.

Advice to Management

Continue offering opportunities for growth & advancement. Reconsider limit on per diem hours and overall staff pay scales.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2015-03-28

Sheppard Pratt Health System Response

September 1, 2015Recruitment and Employment Manager

Thanks you! We encourage our employees to apply for any internal transfer opportunity for which they are qualified and are happy for our employees who find promotional opportunities in the health system! We are lucky to be able to provide opportunities for continuing education both ...

"I used to work there."

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Towson, MD

I worked at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Can become very knowledgeable about how to handle aggressive patients. Some of the best co-workers around.

Cons

Managers tend to bully those under them; if it's reported, goes back to managers doing bullying. No support from Human Resources. Don't work there if you are idealistic.

Advice to Management

Really need to take an interest in day-to-day experience of direct care workers. Search out those who are being bullied; don't wait for them to report it.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2013-08-04