Sheppard Pratt Health System Staff RN Reviews | Glassdoor

Sheppard Pratt Health System Staff RN Reviews

Updated Dec 4, 2017

Found 2 reviews

1.0
Harsh K. Trivedi, M.D., M.B.A.

"Do not go here for employment."

Former Employee - Staff RN in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Sheppard Pratt Health System part-time for less than a year

Pros

Every employee gets a lunch break. Free parking. That is all I can think of honestly. There aren’t any more pros.

Cons

High turn -over-rate of RN’s.Everyone works every other weekend. Low low low pay! They hire new grad RN’s and expect them to run charge immediately after ending orientation, without extra pay I may add.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2017-12-05
  2. "An unfortunate decline due to poor middle management"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Towson, MD

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Being able to make a positive impact with patients

Cons

Unfair, bullying and very disrespectful management with upper management and HR doing nothing about it (my manager has yelled at me over the most simple suggestions or benign requests). Only fair pay with no room for advancement. It is at times a very dangerous work environment. Rotating shifts with no control over your schedule--flexible 12 hour shifts are not offered. Mandating is a constant and if you refuse you...

Advice to Management

Survey and really listen to your front-line staff (RN's, MHW's, Unit Clerks and S.W.'s). Eliminate ineffective middle management who are ruining this hospital. Increase pay and hire more milieu managers. Allow self scheduling on all the units with the option for 12 hour shifts.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2017-07-18