KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

ShiftWise Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2021

Found 47 of over 47 reviews

ShiftWise President of Vendor Management Solutions Eric Christenson (no image)
Eric Christenson
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Was hopeful but...

Sep 20, 2013 - Customer Client Support in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great business model/concept. Good team overall. Decent pay/benefits.

Cons

When I was working, there was no HR so many of these functions fell on a couple others that were already busy enough. With no HR, I felt there is little support or resources outside your immediate supervisor.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good culture

Jul 8, 2016 - Software Developer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good culture, good people. Acts on feedback from developers.

Cons

Lack of direction with career from management. No clear way to progress, but they are working it out so it shouldn't be a problem for long.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great to work for during start up of ShiftWise

Oct 12, 2016 - Director in Onalaska, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work from home, employees are important to this organization. Work hard, play hard.

Cons

Can hit the proverbial glass ceiling due to size, not a lot of growth potential as a certain point in your career.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good experience and bad communication

Apr 8, 2012 - Business Analyst in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a start up environment where you can work from home and it has a great compensation

Cons

It has bad management and head count issues

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place, kind people

Jun 20, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing, kind, collaborative coworkers. Lots of growth opportunities. Write your own career ticket.

Cons

Rapid growth can bring about the more challenging aspects of change

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Some Pretty Serious Problems

Mar 22, 2018 - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

There was a unique and caring culture here once, and most people wish it were still alive. Meeting with leadership is possible. You might get lip service, but you can have their ear for a minute. Some people still give a rip about doing things well. They don’t have power but continue to share their thoughts.

Cons

I want you to know that I feel betrayed and disrespected for not receiving the raises I negotiated two years in a row. It’s not about the money. It’s about value and trust. Realizing that this was happening to others, not just me, tore me up inside. People are nervous about losing their jobs because the reorganization has been slowly eliminating positions from the entire company over the last half year. Management has been extremely opaque, and their stories don’t match when questioned about the changes. I have been careful to collect knowledge from as many parties as possible, and I’ve come away with a chilling and dissatisfying collection of stories. The technology stack, which is a little funny, was made wildy difficult by a series of decisions to change stable elements of our application at the very last moment. The people responsible are no longer with the company, but it left a massive mark on both the developers and the application itself. Finally, corporate maintains a quiet but firm grasp on the company, restricting the flow of necessary resources including vital hardware and software licenses. Which has at times brought development to a screeching halt but more frequently to the sort of slow trickle which makes you think about calling a doctor.

Continue reading
    17 people found this review helpful

ShiftWise Response Team

Thank you sharing your experience with ShiftWise. Leaders at ShiftWise will make time to listen and implement improvements where possible. It is our goal to attract talented professionals by offering competitive compensation and benefits that match or exceed market rates. It is unfortunate that you experienced a compensation structure that didn’t meet your needs. If you are open to discussing your experience further, please reach out to me at eric.christenson@shiftwise.com. Eric Christenson, President Vendor Management Solutions.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible Environment

Aug 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some really great people that work there. Sadly, most have been fired, "let go" or have quit. Snacks and drinks provided. Great location downtown.

Cons

Upper management spins everything. Even when the product is failing and customers are leaving there is always an excuse as to why. Employee retention is laughable. Lower level employees are treated like unintelligent children. Encouraged to not speak up about anything. Upper management tells their subordinates who not to hang out with because it doesn't "look" good. They are after people that wont speak their minds, have no opinions, and wont question anything/anyone.

11 people found this review helpful

ShiftWise Response Team

Thank you for sharing your experience. I agree with you that there are some really great people at ShiftWise. I’m sorry that our efforts did not meet your expectations. That said, I’m thankful that you took the time to share your opinions so that I and the rest of the leadership team can reflect and identify ways to ensure our team members feel valued, are confident in sharing their opinions, and ensure they are heard. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns in more detail, feel free to contact me directly at eric.christenson@shiftwise.com. Eric Christenson, President, Vendor Management Solutions.

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Textbook Organizational Dysfunction in Full Bloom

Apr 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The most positive aspect of ShiftWise is the group of hard-working, kind individuals who have managed to survive without selling-out to the toxic senior leadership team nor have thrown their peers or subordinates under the bus.

Cons

Cons are the toxic senior leadership team headed by the President, Steven Rodriguez, comprised of his team of soul-sucking VPs. It’s fascinating to watch this textbook example of bad leadership unfold. An insular bubble protects the decision-makers, who task their subordinates to name team members that will not subjugate themselves. Leaders who refuse to report subordinates on an arbitrary basis are eliminated themselves. The leaders are always right and anyone who suggests otherwise is mercilessly struck down. The President’s Open Door Policy will take you to a slippery slide leading out the back door. The exit is shameful. Rather than firing staff (because of fear of legal retribution), they “lay you off” without notice. This is done on purpose to humiliate. The leadership team follows textbook examples of toxic leadership: 1. Workload for account managers is setup for people to fail. As AMs leave (which they often do), they distribute the accounts to the remaining members who are already managing too many accounts. When they can’t keep up, they are bullied and made to feel like failures. 2. Open positions are most often filled by outside candidates found through an exhaustive search process; ignoring strong internal staff that apply and wait for a chance to advance. 3. Leadership monitors office conversations and asks for feedback; however, they respond to concerns using old fashioned propaganda emails and sale pitches rather than telling the truth. There is very little transparency. 4. Senior management's workplace routines and rituals, such as calling too many meetings, demanding unnecessary reports or projects without sufficient clarification or support, and calling for unwarranted firings undermines employees' initiative and instills a culture of fear and isolation. Finally, the BIG CON is that the current software is defective and the new version doesn’t work well enough to be rolled-out. Painful for the developers and engineers that are doing their best under sub-par leadership objectives which are constantly changing.

Continue reading
    13 people found this review helpful

ShiftWise Response Team

I wish to thank you for the time you took to share your opinion. We are in agreement that there are some wonderful people working at ShiftWise and we are fortunate to have them. In regards to your thoughts on leadership, I want you to know that I am taking these matters seriously and would welcome the opportunity to gain further insight on your experience. My email is eric.christenson@shiftwise.com. Thank you again for bringing these concerns to my attention. Eric Christenson, President, Vendor Management Solutions

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Decent Company

Jan 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and relaxed environment.

Cons

Some good things changed after being bought.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fine Company

May 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, friendly, company provided snacks and beverages

Cons

Lack of internal communication , Healthcare benefits

ShiftWise Response Team

Thank you for sharing your input into the experiences you had working at ShiftWise. I agree with you that there is a special culture at ShiftWise that is often not found in other companies. The people are friendly as well as dedicated. I acknowledge there have been some miscommunications. We are actively making changes to avoid this going forward. If you have any further thoughts you’d like to share, email is eric.christenson@shiftwise.com. Thank you again for sharing your perspective. Eric Christenson, President, Vendor Management Solutions.

Viewing 31 - 40 of 47 Reviews