Shipmnts Reviews | Glassdoor

Shipmnts Reviews

Updated Jan 16, 2020

4.1
Shipmnts CEO & Founder Karan Shah (no image)
Karan Shah
  1. "Amazing place with awesome culture and chilling environment."

Current Employee - Annotator in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to learn new things. chilling environment. creating next set of leaders. amazing culture where everyone supports everyone. great opportunities to grow yourself. amenities like play area is also available.

Cons

There are no cons that I know of yet.

Shipmnts2020-01-16
  2. "Unpaid salary and TDS"

I worked at Shipmnts full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flat hierarchy, helps to escalate without much hindrance.

Cons

- After resigning, they never paid me my salary. Found out, that this is their common practice, especially to people coming from outside states. - On top of that, they also did not pay TDS for some of my payments. - No policy for working hours, based on which they make you work 24x7x365 including all mandatory holidays as well, for example, 26th January, 1st May, etc, adding to their malpractices. - Workaholic, deceiving and misleading work culture, enforced by top managements - In general, Ahmedabad is a poor choice for Tech people

Shipmnts2020-01-09
  3. "Full Stack Engineer"

Current Employee - Full Stack Engineer in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for less than a year

Pros

At shipmnts, I am getting to learn many things apart from just development experience. The team culture is pretty good, we work, play, enjoy together. You feel like home at shipmnts.

Cons

As it is start-up you may get work at any time, I do love it.

Shipmnts2019-07-19
  4. "Feel like a Google, Grow like a Apple"

Current Employee - Lead QA Engineer in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for less than a year

Pros

- If you find epic and interested domain, shipmnts is best fit for you - Work culture upto the mark, awesome team and awesome work atmosphere - Definitely you will learn a lot with technology and management - Overall you can feel your growth

Cons

- Sometime it will not goes as per plan but team will co-ordinate and manage on that.

Shipmnts2019-07-16
  5. "A company with vast domain and great cultural values"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for less than a year

Pros

The great place where the domain and organisational goals are so interesting and motivating itself. One will get hands on experience by directly communicating to customers and thus always see the impact of your work. Mates around you are always helping you to be better everyday. Opportunity to carve yourself. Work on latest tech stack. Culture that strives values where people are not only focused on doing work 8-10 hours but also we play table tennis everyday.

Cons

Nothing as such that I can think of. Shipmnts always learn from the mistakes, try to bring changes.

Shipmnts2019-07-29

"Joining shipmnts was a big mistake"

I worked at Shipmnts full-time

Pros

Good passionate hard working team

Cons

See team once. Everyone above the age of 26/27 has left because of unpaid salaries, no increments and long hours. Mostly has only juniors from college who stay because of respect. If you want to join ask for legal affidavit that you will get salary on time, otherwise you surely won't. Many old ex-employees have large dues pending and these guys keep making long excuses.

Shipmnts2019-02-19
  7. "Best Company to work in."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Ahmedabad

I have been working at Shipmnts full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. The Founders are amazing and very helpful. They literally take personal attention in your lives. 2. The average age of the company is 25. The energy every team member has is commendable. 3. Without any doubt, you can pave your career path here.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to balance work/life when you have to complete your work at given deadlines(But this is rare).

Shipmnts2019-01-09

"Dues not cleared for former employees"

I worked at Shipmnts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Environment and good colleagues

Cons

Before you join shipmnts, speak to previous employees. Ask them their outstanding dues, and how long has the management been telling them that they will clear it.

Shipmnts2019-01-27
  9. "A good place to work on in-depth projects"

Machine Learning in Ahmedabad

I worked at Shipmnts for less than a year

Pros

The team is very supportive and give you projects where you decide how to proceed.

Cons

The meetings are not time organised.

Shipmnts2018-10-03

"Top notch product in its domain - by one the best Team I've worked and/or interacted with."

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Ahmedabad

I worked at Shipmnts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Taking the swim in the deepest waters is the name of game; and that is how I would like to term "Shipmnts". It wouldn't be wrong on my part if I define "Shipmnts" as "Flexport of India"; or even more than that. Why I am saying this; because.... Organizing an unorganized market is hard but it is even more hard when you are solving the challenge of organizing the chaotic market - market which is cut throat, market where everything is human dependent, market which is not ready to understand the advantages of digital, market where margins have taken a toss and are now revolving at the bottom of the pyramid, market where having deep pockets doesn't guarantee good margins, market where expansion is related to more financial bleeding and so on... The contagious stickiness is one of the USP's of Team Shipmnts - who truly believe in "Work Hard Party Harder". Though I found a huge gap between mental aptitudes of Team Members but I appreciate the Senior Management to make them stick and work in unison towards a Common Goal. And this is the best part of Shipmnts; where in real sense Shipmnts = Team Shipmnts; without any if's and but's. And this bring me to the last and final USP of Shipmnts - where domain expertise is not just about having years of experience but factual domain expertise.

Cons

didn't found any during my tenure

Shipmnts2018-08-01

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 21 reviews