Shoe Carnival Floor Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Shoe Carnival Floor Sales Reviews

Updated September 13, 2017

Floor Sales

4.0
Shoe Carnival President, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Merchandising Officer Clifton E. Sifford
Clifton E. Sifford

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay, okay benefits, lots of work and training (in 24 reviews)

• upper management plays favorites (in 18 reviews)

1. "The Shoe Carnival Work Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Shoe Carnival part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff at the Shoe Carnival I worked at had an extremely enjoyable staff and management that did care about the associates. The general manager worked well with strained availability due to school and tried their best to balance out hours.

Cons

The regional manager always micromanaged the general manager and probed deeply into how things were run. The regional manager also began to run things the way he felt things should be ran and based my eligibility to keep my job based on meeting a certain percentage of conversion "Shoe Perks" cards

Advice to Management

Please allow your General Managers to perform the job they are hired to do without having a Regional Manager micromanage and run things as if they were a General Manager.

"Great college job!"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate

I worked at Shoe Carnival part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working here. Management was able to work with my school schedule while I was in college then when summer came around I was able to get more hours.

Cons

Not getting breaks. Would work an 8 hour shift and only get a 30min lunch. I would not get get any breaks before or after lunch.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees are getting breaks and lunches.

3. "My Shoe Carnival experience"

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor in Fairview Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor in Fairview Heights, IL

I worked at Shoe Carnival part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People who ran the cashier with me were great people. I enjoyed the deals they offered to employees.

Cons

The lack of training made it hard to learn and do a good job. Each manager had their idea of what was "right" and what was "wrong" to do. There were time where I would do what one manager would tell me to do, then next shift it was wrong. An example of this was when the Skechers shape up law suit happened we were told not to take re-funds on them. We would tell customers this information, they would start cursing and arguing with use, then the managers would come in and say we were wrong and allow a full refund. This really brought down moral around the cash registers and that is one reason why the turn over rate was so high. They also expected cashiers to arrive five minutes before a shift to count down the cash register. I would arrive on time or five minutes early and sometimes I forgot what I was for that day because I worked the floor as well. I would hear about it for the rest of the shift if I didn't show up early and over time it really got annoying.

Advice to Management

Train employees better, be consistent, maintain tempers, be respectful to new employees, and just be respectful.