Shoe Carnival Floor Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Shoe Carnival Floor Sales Reviews

1 review

Floor Sales

2.0
Shoe Carnival President, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Merchandising Officer Clifton E. Sifford
Clifton E. Sifford

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay, not much advancement in the company when starting out as an associate (in 19 reviews)

• Problems with communication of new visual standards between upper management when they come for visits (in 14 reviews)

1. "My Shoe Carnival experience"

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor in Fairview Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor in Fairview Heights, IL

I worked at Shoe Carnival part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People who ran the cashier with me were great people. I enjoyed the deals they offered to employees.

Cons

The lack of training made it hard to learn and do a good job. Each manager had their idea of what was "right" and what was "wrong" to do. There were time where I would do what one manager would tell me to do, then next shift it was wrong. An example of this was when the Skechers shape up law suit happened we were told not to take re-funds on them. We would tell customers this information, they would start cursing and arguing with use, then the managers would come in and say we were wrong and allow a full refund. This really brought down moral around the cash registers and that is one reason why the turn over rate was so high. They also expected cashiers to arrive five minutes before a shift to count down the cash register. I would arrive on time or five minutes early and sometimes I forgot what I was for that day because I worked the floor as well. I would hear about it for the rest of the shift if I didn't show up early and over time it really got annoying.

Advice to Management

Train employees better, be consistent, maintain tempers, be respectful to new employees, and just be respectful.