Shoebuy.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Mike Sorabella

1. "Good company!"

Current Employee - Entry-Level Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Entry-Level Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Shoebuy.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ShoeBuy offers a pretty laid-back and relaxed atmosphere for the most part. Most people that work here are really friendly, and hours & days off are flexible. Executives are approachable and friendly. Working in e-commerce is exciting and a great start for younger people who are just looking for experience before moving on to other opportunities. Lots of different areas of business here such as technology, marketing, creative, merchandising, site ops, UX, SEO and more. If you are interested, you can be exposed to those sides of business here at ShoeBuy, which can be a great resume builder.

Cons

Pay definitely should be higher. Seems like a lot of important people take on work that isn't necessarily theirs, and should probably be more rewarded for that. Need more effort and drive to rank closer to competitors, such as Zappos, Nordstrom, DSW.. promotional content strategy, etc..

Advice to Management

Definitely a lack of communication between upper management, and lower management at times. I could see ShoeBuy being more successful if various teams were more interactive and collaborative with projects and innovative teamwork. Managers should put more effort into collaboration across all sides of business.

"Would never recommend to anyone I actually liked."

I worked at Shoebuy.com full-time

Pros

Location. Some good people to work with.

Cons

Management is clueless on how to run a successful business. Success to date was more out of luck and strength of the market than actual business knowledge. Wages are low and slow to change, programs are put into place and announced then never followed up on. Anyone there for more than a year is disgruntled. Everyone talks badly about management and coworkers behind their back. Team building and morale events are infrequent and far too lackluster for a modern company.

Advice to Management

Stop listening to members of the executive team that you know aren't doing a good job just because of their 'background' or the hope they'll get better. Spend money on your employees, raise salaries and provide them with actual benefits and morale boosters. Stop wasting money on integrating Marketing programs/products that bring no value and waste time and money.

"Just a job not a career"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boston, MA

I have been working at Shoebuy.com part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, paid time off

Cons

Poor training, customer service reps are underpaid and not appreciated. Retention rate is low. Slow outdated computers.

Advice to Management

Computer and software needs to be updated, return labels should be sent with orders especially during Christmas time, there's no incentive for CSR and they feel unappreciated. A raise should be given at least once per year. The training program needs work and it's clear corporate doesn't care about CSR which is sad because we're the "face" of SB for customers.

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Shoebuy.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location, some good people to work with.

Cons

Upper management lacks direction. They brought in basically an entire marketing department from Staples and most of them were clueless and are already gone 2 years later. Lots of broken promises to many different employees which created a toxic environment.

Advice to Management

There is no reason to be so obsessed with Staples.

6. "Standard call center job"

I worked at Shoebuy.com part-time

Pros

Nice people and fairly relaxed environment

Cons

Low pay, no room for growth, regular call-center type atmosphere.

7. "Entry Level Job"

I have been working at Shoebuy.com full-time

Pros

Casual environment, friendly staff, flexible schedule, day of requests are always honored. Good job for someone who is in school full time or older people if you are computer savvy. The training is extensive.

Cons

Very low base pay which stays the same even with added responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Management is pretty effective. Favoritism- which exists in most places.

"data entry associate"

Current Employee - Data Entry in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Boston, MA

I have been working at Shoebuy.com (More than a year)

Pros

I like the people on my team, and the managers are good at taking our feedback into account and advocating for us. The company culture is laid-back with a casual dress code. Health coverage is decent.

Cons

The base salary/wages are extremely low, and raises are not offered (I was told that starting wages were non-negotiable and I had to talk to my manager about a raise at my first review, only to be told that our department didn't give raises). Full time employees are only offered ten PTO days to cover all sick days, vacations, and appointments, and hourly employees have to use PTO to cover holidays or take those days unpaid.

Advice to Management

Shoebuy is not a tiny struggling business, and penny-pinching with salaries only leads to high turnover. If you really appreciate your workers, pay them a decent wage.

9. "associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Shoebuy.com full-time

Pros

very good work environment,people are friendly

Cons

salary is low, no perks, should increase salary so people can stick around

Advice to Management

please increase salary those who really work hard

"Lots of promise, room to improve"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Company has lots of promise. There are some basic areas that could easily improve.

Cons

The infrastructure is dated and requires some investment.

"Great place to work with exciting future!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Work with a lot of talented individuals who are very experienced in the industry. The company continues to enhance their talent across the board and make strategic decisions to help grow the business. I have been very impressed with the management team as well, they have made some excellent decisions to help differentiate ShoeBuy from the competition. Proud to be a part of the team and great location in downtown Boston!

Cons

Do not have any cons at this time.

Shoebuy.com Response

May 19, 2016 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review, we are so glad to hear that you enjoy working at ShoeBuy!